Review of the Little-Dot MKIII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Nov 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #376 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by d$^ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking to buy this for my PC350, can i connect this amp to my laptop, will it all sound good?

You want to try and run it at line level. I suspect a laptops out will be amped and putting two in series isn't great. It'll work, but it's not best.

My laptop (which is pretty cheap and basic) has optical out via the 3.5mm jack (But it requires a converter). Do you have this?

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #377 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex98uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want to try and run it at line level. I suspect a laptops out will be amped and putting two in series isn't great. It'll work, but it's not best.

My laptop (which is pretty cheap and basic) has optical out via the 3.5mm jack (But it requires a converter). Do you have this?

Hi i have sony vaio fz21s there is no optical in/out, only 3.5mm for speakers/headphones and 3.5mm microfon jack i thought i can buy 3.5mm Stereo to 2 x RCA Phono OFC OXYGEN FREE CABLE to connet my laptop to this amp, sound cards on laptops really poor, so this is the way i'm looking to improve sound of my PC350, i bought it for 75£ about a month ago, and thinking how is better to spend money, i don't want any other headset/headphones as i'm really happy with pc350 after burnout it's sounds ok for music and great for FPS games, what i'm looking at it's not to increase volume of this headset using amp, but increase qulity, bass/mids/highs so this what i'm thinking shold i buy amp, will amp just make more volume but nothing to the qulity or both, so this is where i'm stock a bit for music i wanna buy Teufel E400 5.1 speakers but i need sound card and only one wich i can buy for laptop is Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB , well nothing better i can do for my laptop, so i'm thinking may be this sound card will improve enough to my pc350 or i still need amp, i will buy sound card anyway as i'm going to buy 5.1 speakers, but not yet, so i don't really know should i spend money on amp anyway or not, please advice what is better for me to do? Thank's...

Nov 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #378 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by d$^ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i need sound card and only one wich i can buy for laptop is Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB , well nothing better i can do for my laptop

Have a look at the Asus U1 Xonar USB Audio Station. I had the Creative X-Fi X-mod USB soundcard, but the Asus is better (less noise, Dolby Headphone, EAX and more).

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #381 of 723
man..i just got a mkIII that i bought from another member here. wow.. the sound is really nice, perfect pairing with my 580s. awaiting my speakers and amp to run the mkIII as a preamp - betting it will sound quite nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

hopefully i will be able to do some reading into new tubes to try out with the mkIII and experiment a bit with the sound.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #382 of 723
The MKIII is an AMAZING line preamp as well! I've got mine hooked up to a CD player source, driving a McIntosh MC162 and Magnepan MG12/QR's. The sound is expansive, liquid, sweet, detailed, timbrally accurate, and highly musical. Even though I am 'blown away', I want to move my MKIII to my office system and possibly get the MKIV for my main system.

Sonically, is there a difference between the MKIII and MKIV? And is there a sonic difference between the MKIV and MKIVSE? Interestingly, I would be using the MKIV or MKIVSE (depending upon which one I decide on) for preamp use ONLY.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #384 of 723
god. can this thing come already?

I order this from my internet brother: David.Chveke;(no pun intended) who's well known for his best Little Dot Srvices.

I order this on the 8th, it's been 10 days and still no updates O_O.

I have e-mailed him, his response was pretty quick, but he could only tell me that he'll give me the tracking number once the item is shipped.

Either it's the Christmas holidays and this is the main reason this is being delayed or i have the worse ****ing luck and this is not going to be coming till after 2010.

I really don't want to leave David.C his first negative comment if my rage gets outta control LOL

Dec 26, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #385 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
god. can this thing come already?

I order this from my internet brother: David.Chveke;(no pun intended) who's well known for his best Little Dot Srvices.

I order this on the 8th, it's been 10 days and still no updates O_O.

I have e-mailed him, his response was pretty quick, but he could only tell me that he'll give me the tracking number once the item is shipped.

Either it's the Christmas holidays and this is the main reason this is being delayed or i have the worse ****ing luck and this is not going to be coming till after 2010.

I really don't want to leave David.C his first negative comment if my rage gets outta control LOL

I ordered mine on 12/19 and have yet to get any shipping info? Hopefully will get it before year end.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #386 of 723
Does anyone know where I can buy 6H6PI/6H6n power tubes for this amp other than directly from Little Tube or David? The reason I ask is because if I buy directly from LD or David, it will cost $43 for a pair. Aren't these available elsewhere for less?

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #387 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by golgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know where I can buy 6H6PI/6H6n power tubes for this amp other than directly from Little Tube or David?

I bought them on eBay UK from ua-sale seller, item named 6N6P-I ECC89 E182CC Double Triode Tube Box Lot of 8. Price: 20 USD + 12 USD postage. They're probably not matched but I didn't really care about that. They sound good to me, but I'm no expert.

d.

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #388 of 723
Mine shipped on the 27th!
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #389 of 723
Hi, quick question, this thread says this product is a preamp/amp. Does that mean that it has a phono stage for a turntable? Or do I have this wrong?

I'm new to all this stuff and I'm trying to get my first Vinyl set up.

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #390 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, quick question, this thread says this product is a preamp/amp. Does that mean that it has a phono stage for a turntable?

The LD MKIII is a headphone amplifier without phono input. If you want to connect it with your turntable, than you need a phono pre-amplifier compatible with the used cartridge (MM or MC type) between them.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back