Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Jul 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #451 of 659
  thanks and what about power tubes? some owners mentioned that their mk2 power tubes easily overheats to the point that u can fry eggs :/

Power tubes do get very hot but the amp itself with standard tubes is only warm this is with my MK3 

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #452 of 659
can anyone help me? i ordered the mk2 and received the wrong rca cables
so do i just simply order on net like this one?
http://www.clasohlson.com/se/Anslutningskabel/Pr327701000

also unsure which input i need to plugin to the amp since theres 4 of them :/
computer is source

May 17, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #453 of 659
Hi Guys,

I have read all the three reviews about little dot mk II, III, IV. From reviews it looks like all are very good amps. My question is, what is the best amp for the price, and that could be tuned well after tube rolling in future for a beginner like myself. Their specs are almost the same either. What else is comparable to little dot? I have seen tons of Chinese amps on ebay that I don't trust since they don't have any review.

Kindly suggest before I can make an order. Which one would serve me for an year or two?

Thanks

Nov 18, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #455 of 659
Hello guys
Im New to this game just got into tube amps myself my question is can I run a ibasso dx50 along with a dac and a tube amplifier want to use my dx50 as my source then into the dac then into the tube amp how is all this connected together can anyone help I have the mk11 the Ibasso dx50 not yet have a dac any suggestions welcome
Thank you .

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #456 of 659
Hey everyone, 

This is my first tube amp and I'm a little unsure about something, I was wondering if someone could help me out. This is a really moronic question and I feel so stupid and embarrassed for asking but what kind of tubes are required to replace for this amp? I've looked and there seems to be a huge range of tubes and I have no idea what is required for this amp. Could someone help me out by giving me part numbers or better still some links to the correct ones? 

Thanks so much, I'm so embarrassed by this haha. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #457 of 659
I would concentrate on rolling the small front driver tubes as they contribute to the majority of the sound signature. Everything you need is in the link below and it's self explanatory. I started with the EF95 tubes as they are more numerous to find. The Voshkod's are well thought of. You can find them on eBay at reasonable prices. Make sure you follow the instruction manual and you have the amp on the EF95 setting.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/563884/little-dot-tube-amps-vacuum-tube-rolling-guide

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #458 of 659
Hi PJV1990,

My first buy were these Voskhods
  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ZH1P-EV-6J1P-EV-EF95-5AK5-Matched-pair-Mil-Tubes-TOP-/141836770516?
They really give you a load more base. Well worth a cheap shout
normal_smile .gif

GC

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #459 of 659
That's great, thanks for the help everyone! Going to read up and research before trying a couple of options. 

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #460 of 659
  Hey everyone, 

This is my first tube amp and I'm a little unsure about something, I was wondering if someone could help me out. This is a really moronic question and I feel so stupid and embarrassed for asking but what kind of tubes are required to replace for this amp? I've looked and there seems to be a huge range of tubes and I have no idea what is required for this amp. Could someone help me out by giving me part numbers or better still some links to the correct ones? 

Thanks so much, I'm so embarrassed by this haha. 

You gotta start somewhere when i started i didnt know the power tubes from the drivers  with my MK3 lol so your not  alone Check the LITTLEDOT TUBE ROLLING GUIDE on page 77 those are the tubes we tried and are compatible with your amp  and one of the best drivers we came up with was the Ei 6HM5 and there only  $5.00 EACH 
  Hi Guys,

I have read all the three reviews about little dot mk II, III, IV. From reviews it looks like all are very good amps. My question is, what is the best amp for the price, and that could be tuned well after tube rolling in future for a beginner like myself. Their specs are almost the same either. What else is comparable to little dot? I have seen tons of Chinese amps on ebay that I don't trust since they don't have any review.

Kindly suggest before I can make an order. Which one would serve me for an year or two?

Thanks

Hey, i own a Littledot MK 3 that was selling for $219.00 at Massdrop recently ive had this amp for atleast 3 years and compared to other amps i own sounds very good  for the price + with adapters you can also use 6SN7, 6DJ8 ,C3G'S.on top of all the tubes found on page 77 in THE LITTLEDOT TUBE ROLLING GUIDE .One tube that was appreciated alot was the 6HM5 YUGO .This is my LD MK3 with adapters i made but that you can also buy on Ebay  here's a link to the 6HM5 and the LITTLEDOT THREAD .                                                                                                                                                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/6HM5-EC900-EI-Yugoslavia-NOS-matched-pair-Little-Dot-Amp-/251765500700                                                                       http://www.head-fi.org/t/563884/little-dot-tube-amps-vacuum-tube-rolling-guide/1140                                                                                                                                                          

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #461 of 659
Hi, i have been following this forum for many years and first of all wanted to thank you all for your great advices, thanks of which i am learning every day something new.

I am looking to buy a tube amp i had before an little dot mk1+ but didn't like it and sold it after while ( never tryied different tubes).

My current setup is:

Laptop-> jitterbug + schiit wyrd -> Musical Fidelity M1 Daca + M1 HPAP

I use sennheiser Hd600's and 700's.

I am very intrigued by the tube sound and was wondering if the little dot mk3 plus good pair of tubes will be an improvement over my current amp.

I was also thinking in maybe using it as a preamp to change a little bit the flavour of my amp.

Would you recommend the mk3 or maybe some digferent tube amp?

Many thanks.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #462 of 659
I should have read about this before I started using my MKii (my first tube amp) but I hope it's not too late.

I realized now that for tube amps, I should never play music through it without first connecting the headphones.  In many articles, it talks about this being a big no-no as it may cause big problems for the amp.

I have an headphone jack extension cable that it connected to the MKii and headphones on the other end.  What I find myself doing a handful of times in the past week was I change headphones while the music is playing by unplugging and then plugging in the new pairs.

Although as at this point, I don't think I've done damage, I guess this should really be avoided, even if it's only for a handful of seconds for switching HPs?

Someone please tell me I am still okay and I didn't hurt my amp!   And just wondering, what specifically would be damages on the amp if it did happen?   Would I just need to buy new tubes?  Or something worse?

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #463 of 659
  I should have read about this before I started using my MKii (my first tube amp) but I hope it's not too late.

I realized now that for tube amps, I should never play music through it without first connecting the headphones.  In many articles, it talks about this being a big no-no as it may cause big problems for the amp.

I have an headphone jack extension cable that it connected to the MKii and headphones on the other end.  What I find myself doing a handful of times in the past week was I change headphones while the music is playing by unplugging and then plugging in the new pairs.

Although as at this point, I don't think I've done damage, I guess this should really be avoided, even if it's only for a handful of seconds for switching HPs?

Someone please tell me I am still okay and I didn't hurt my amp!   And just wondering, what specifically would be damages on the amp if it did happen?   Would I just need to buy new tubes?  Or something worse?

I to learned this not so long ago that it is best to have HP plugged in and i did alot worst than unplugging it for a few seconds  me it was hours at a time because i was using several amps at the same time but so far i suffered no damage that i notice  .and if it does damage something i woulndt no what to be honest  i would have to look it up 

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #464 of 659

This is what i found on the subject this is from Jack Woo from Woo Audio and this is what he says about the subject the amp is a Woo Audio 6                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #465 of 659

I do that all the time. Never thought about possible amp damage but I do worry that constantly pulling  headphone connectors in and out of the socket on the amp could wear down or loosen the socket as I've had that happen on a previous amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back