Review of the Audio-gd DAC-19 DSP & C2 amp - The ACSS connection
Jun 21, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #511 of 991

it may depend on your soundcard.  Some you have to manually set to the bit/sample rate you want,  most just can't do it in ASIO or KS.

Quote:
Have you tried KS and ASIO? I've had similar issues in the past with foobar, just switch around different bit-perfect software, and if that doesn't work, tell us what version of foobar you're using, 1.0 right?

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #512 of 991

Quote:
 it may depend on your soundcard.  Some you have to manually set to the bit/sample rate you want,  most just can't do it in ASIO or KS.

Manually setup you mean in sound settings for the usb device,there is a drop down list of different but rates in advanced, the thing is, the DAC does not have any higher rate then 24bit 48,000hz whereas my internal soundcard shows up to 24 bit 192,000hz.

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #516 of 991

Mostly driverless USB aren't compatible with KS.   When you use the windows directsound driver do you get 96khz ?  Usually this is bitperfect with this newer USB chip and you don't need KS or ASIO.
Quote:
Manually setup you mean in sound settings for the usb device,there is a drop down list of different but rates in advanced, the thing is, the DAC does not have any higher rate then 24bit 48,000hz whereas my internal soundcard shows up to 24 bit 192,000hz.

Jun 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #518 of 991

Quote:
Mostly driverless USB aren't compatible with KS.   When you use the windows directsound driver do you get 96khz ?  Usually this is bitperfect with this newer USB chip and you don't need KS or ASIO.

I do get it, but someone said to me it is the IEEE upsampling to 32bit and don't use it.

Jun 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #519 of 991
Kunalraiker, did you try Ploytec's USB-ASIO driver? I remember that on the FUN, it can only output via Directsound, but once I use the ploytec driver I can use ASIO output. Maybe as regal pointed out, driverless USB chips uses the standard directsound interface.

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #520 of 991

Quote:
Kunalraiker, did you try Ploytec's USB-ASIO driver? I remember that on the FUN, it can only output via Directsound, but once I use the ploytec driver I can use ASIO output. Maybe as regal pointed out, driverless USB chips uses the standard directsound interface.

I had a reply from Kingwa,confirming that the usb interface has some faulty configuration,which resulted in the highest bbit rate being 24bit/48,000hz.

I did try the Ploytec's USB-ASIO earlier, but it had the same problem.

Jun 23, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #521 of 991

Quote:
I had a reply from Kingwa,confirming that the usb interface has some faulty configuration,which resulted in the highest bbit rate being 24bit/48,000hz.

I did try the Ploytec's USB-ASIO earlier, but it had the same problem.

Was the configuration issue just on your unit? Means you have to send back to get a replacement?

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #522 of 991
USB on the DAC19 is not a proper way to feed it and probably significantly worse for the DF version than the DSP. I'd expect the best solution (for cost) would be to use a stock Hiface and a proper quality coax SPDIF cable.  There are better, more expensive solutions beyond that.  You simply can't expect the DAC19 to perform to its potential when feeding it by its adaptive USB input.

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #525 of 991
How good is this combination with RP&T? I listen to just about every genre of music except techno (electronic).

I was listening to some Earth, Wind and Fire tonight and realized that my current system (HD650 + Little Dot Mk III) is very lacking in this one area.

Overall I'm very happy with the Senn's and hope most of this can be fixed with a new DAC/Amp. Would running the Senn's balanced help?

It sounds like the C2 can handle it but I have reservations about the 'smoothness' of the Audio GD dacs.

If you know of other DAC/Amp's that excel in this area please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back