Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .
Nov 11, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #16 of 660
Quote:
You should make the layout of the op a little bit better but other than that nice reviews that you added  

okay bro , those spaces were created by the , head fi itself , when i saved the post they were like that , if anything else , help me .

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #17 of 660
Quote:
HEllo, O.O

so, like, you didn't arrenge them all in the order of best to worst. yeah i know they are all different in different parameters but if you have 2000 rupees, which one would you buy ?
i have only used philips she 3750 and sony ex (1250 rupees) and panasonic  (that 450 inr one) yep i have never gone beyond a thousand and hence i don't know **** about headphones.

i want a very very simple answer from you (im impressed by your review and thanks) that suggest me the best headphone under 2000 (make a list from best to worst or TOP 5) if i love she 3750 so much that i've bought it 2 times.

anywho, i'v been researching and i came across these brands :
soundmagic, philips, sony, klipsh, jbl, creative, meelectronics, panasonic and all those but i don't know what to choose
(hey

Sennheiser makes this cx 180 for 1650 retail right? so should i give it a try? but idk if its reasonable for its price)

just give me top 5 under 2000
top 5 under 5000 and top 5 under 1000

^_^ thanks

i would suggest you get the sony mh1c for around 1000 bucks with ebay coupons ... its a whole step up from any earphone that the OP has put up and  easily competes or betters some of  the 5000 inr earphones(the hf5 can't be got for the price mentioned, a161p can only be had for around 6.5k shipped)  ... its the best value you can get and a super sweet signature .....
i can get you ebay links and coupons if interested .. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #18 of 660
Quote:

i would suggest you get the sony mh1c for around 1000 bucks with ebay coupons ... its a whole step up from any earphone that the OP has put up and  easily competes or betters some of  the 5000 inr earphones(the hf5 can't be got for the price mentioned, a161p can only be had for around 6.5k shipped)  ... its the best value you can get and a super sweet signature .....
i can get you ebay links and coupons if interested .. 

hf5 going for $105 , are you driving your phones from a mobile or ipod ? you need a colorfly c4 .
if the sony mh1c can do it , i will be more then happy . cuz there are only few that performs over their price range at lower price . i dont like headsets , but this sony may make its way in . if you have tried it why dont you help us with a mh1c vs se535 post .

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #19 of 660
I agree with everything you said about the Soundmagic ES18. They are really awesome, they are really, really cheap too. I got them for free, that's even better :)
The SQ is really great, they don't do anything wrong, good bass, good soundstage, good treble, good mids. I have no problem switching between the ES18 and the Vsonic GR06, because the ES18 has such a neutral soundsignature imo. Only downside is probably the material used to make these. They feel and look cheap, but what you'd expect for something that cheap, at least they are sturdy. Most people trying IEMs for the first time will probably buy Sennheisers, like CX300/400 etc., but these are like so much better and cheaper, though availability is a problem.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #20 of 660
the se 535 is one amazing pair of iems .. and its sq is just too great..but i wouldn't pay 20 times the price of the MH1C to get a pair of se 535.. 

especially when you can get sets like the brainwavz b2 or hifiman re 272 for half the price of them.

the se 535 is highly detailed and offer some of the best clarity in universal iems .along with extreme isolation.

the sony mh1c is not as detailed nor rich, but it hits way high above the mark set by its price! 

if i had to pick somethings where the sonys can be compared with the se 535s, its the mid-bass.. i find the mh1c hits hard, fast and low and the se 535 dont really 'hit' it .. 

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #21 of 660
the se 535 is one amazing pair of iems .. and its sq is just too great..but i wouldn't pay 20 times the price of the MH1C to get a pair of se 535..

especially when you can get sets like the brainwavz b2 or hifiman re 272 for half the price of them.

the se 535 is highly detailed and offer some of the best clarity in universal iems .along with extreme isolation.

the sony mh1c is not as detailed nor rich, but it hits way high above the mark set by its price!

if i had to pick somethings where the sonys can be compared with the se 535s, its the mid-bass.. i find the mh1c hits hard, fast and low and the se 535 dont really 'hit' it ..

how would you compare it with es18 and cc51 ? And thanks , i think its good for the price , i will try a hands on , but for me , i dont like those extra buttons . It turns me off . Cc51p is enough .

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #22 of 660
i've not heard the cc51, among ure review.. .only have heard the es 18... and the mh1c are much much better ..more of everything from bass, good mids detail and extended treble but super-non fatiguing ...

from memory, the es 18 is much more, whats the word? ah warmer sounding but dont really excel anywhere imho... its a darker than the mh1c ..and resolve subpar , what i mean to say is that i cannot hear all the details with either of the 2 that i tend to hear with BA sets.

the mh1c is smoother, bassier and provide way better imaging, sq and soundstage! and the bass for me is to die for.. 

once amped i think i slightly prefer it over my shure se 535 .. everything just gets better ... the soundstage once amped is tremendous! 

regards

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #23 of 660
another part where the sonys excel is the 'air' of treble .. 

the treble is not bright, but theres a right amount of air to keep things not clustered...but its just the air, and the treble is laid back considerably

i also feel the treble extends all the way up to the top, even more than the se 535 stock..

cheers..

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #25 of 660
ep630 :-
bigger bass . not controlled , flatter sound stage like a pizza box , mids are just okay , vocals are below par , highs are nearly missing .
bass goes deep , moves good amount of air , there is a mid bass hump . bass lacks texture , detail and a bit boomy .
mids have a back seat , instruments are not separable , but not bad , if you are a casual listener , its okay . lacks details .
voice dont crack but not crisp , highs are just hanging at the door . smooth but you know what is smooth for highs .
( highs are safe in the cold decay . j3 transmitting but , its lost in the way . linkin park effect may be )
the best thing is the sound sig , its warm still dark and the notes are thickest in this price range . that affects decay time .
ep-630 cant take fast paced music like trance and house , but its still is good for the price . cant handle high volume .
its the best easy going and acceptable phone around for nearly every one , who likes bass , the sound sig is really pleasing .

es 18 :-
bass is not really deep but still booms just a bit , sound stage is smaller in area but a bit more deep .
as a mid centric phone , vocals are really good and highs are present but in the back seat .
controlled bass dont move much air still has a good impact , not exactly muddy but lacks a bit of texture , detail is better . decay is good .
mids are more prominent , has quite a bit of detail , instruments are separable , and has good amount of detail and texture .
voice cracks but not much , because of a upper mid hump , sound is a bit tiring . not smoother like ep630 , texture is better .
highs are present but not that prominent , and can be annoying for those who dont like active highs , may get harsh at times .
sound sig is warm and dark (  heavily used consumer friendly sig ) but the notes are sharp , not exactly smooth .
sound cracks at some demanding tracks and high volume , but has plenty of details when compared to ep630 .
es18 is comparable to eu400/500 , ue has a bit thicker notes and texture is better . no need to say ue has awesome sound stage .

i would like to suggest you the new she3590 over ep630 , notes are a bit smaller but has better detail and dont get harsh like es18 .
but still , es18 has the best details and is sharp on notes , can cut through some veggies .
go for es18 if you want detail , go for ep630 if you want a smooth and bassier experience .
go for she3590 if you want something in between .

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #26 of 660
the es 18 is just bass- mids are just ok not to complain ..treble is absent all the way it has some soundstage going and is not directional left right ...

for the price it might be ok .. but I would prefer the ex 60 lp a bit more ...even though its unbearably bright with ssssssibilance and more than 2 treble spikes, at low volumes it is kinda good and resolving ...i enjoy it more..clarity is top notch!

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #27 of 660
I would also have to say that the instrument seperation on the es 18 is bad ...I think it should be the reference to lowest chain of the IEM market

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #29 of 660
guys it was a comparison between es18 and ep630 , yup es18 is a bass heavy , but mids are there too , and highs are there if you compare it to ep630 , and im not trying to kill any giant with this . i got a ex100lp lying around and its just ordinary , just like ex10lp . my es18 sounds far better then anything i have tried under thousand bucks ( bar the hje-120 and she3580 ) . and just over 1000 bucks are ex220lp and hje-355 .

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #30 of 660
and just over 1000 bucks are ex220lp and hje-355 .

and the MH1c which is much better than any of this ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back