Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .
Apr 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #106 of 660
Hi suman bro!
                           I am thinking of buying ep-630, tell me does it have any spark ?
                           We can listen for hours in it or..?
MY last question, yaar

Apr 4, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #107 of 660
  Hi suman bro!
                           I am thinking of buying ep-630, tell me does it have any spark ?
                           We can listen for hours in it or..?
MY last question, yaar

not to worry man , i will answer all you want , all i can , ep-630 lacks spark , go for it , listening for hours may hamper your listening , i just wonder if there is something with your source/device .

get rockbox player , its a bit raw , but the best i have seen on an android device , plenty of settings available .

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #108 of 660
Hi , I am an audiophile and i have experienced many IEM's from a few years. I had nokia WH-205 which had stopped working after 1.5 year,after keeping it in a pocket of a jeans on a travel day, got defected just above the 3.5mm jack plug on the wire( mostly, headphones get defective here) so i had to buy a new in ear headphone. The WH205 had superb bass with balanced sound and range of 20hz-20000hz.I could listen to non stop music for hours without any problems.
I bought soundmagic e10 in february.When i got it,it sounded very harsh and had too low bass. Dont know why do Suman134 liked es18 which has got the same sound quality as the e10.
I thought a burn in must be given so burned it for a week. But the sound is still same after two months now. The bass volume is too low, large amount of midrange and big amount of piercing subrange of 16khz, without/orveryless 8 kilohertz subrange( recessed treble but piercing through ears and harsh ). Can not listen for more than 40 mins at low volume even. Bass is also not considerable(very low volume of 31hz and 62hz subranges)
So my 2000 Rs got wasted in this crap. Dont know why it has been given whathifi award. Such an unequalised headphone by a chinese manufacturer. Its price is four times that of es18 which has similar sound (90% same, actually i realised that after buying).The extra 1400 price tag is for the extra metal part only.There are much other options like ep630. Now there is no way to replace it and get that 2000 back.... :frowning2:
THUMBS DOWN for SoundMAGIC !

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #109 of 660
Hi , I am an audiophile and i have experienced many IEM's from a few years. I had nokia WH-205 which had stopped working after 1.5 year,after keeping it in a pocket of a jeans on a travel day, got defected just above the 3.5mm jack plug on the wire( mostly, headphones get defective here) so i had to buy a new in ear headphone. The WH205 had superb bass with balanced sound and range of 20hz-20000hz.I could listen to non stop music for hours without any problems.
I bought soundmagic e10 in february.When i got it,it sounded very harsh and had too low bass. Dont know why do Suman134 liked es18 which has got the same sound quality as the e10.
I thought a burn in must be given so burned it for a week. But the sound is still same after two months now. The bass volume is too low, large amount of midrange and big amount of piercing subrange of 16khz, without/orveryless 8 kilohertz subrange( recessed treble but piercing through ears and harsh ). Can not listen for more than 40 mins at low volume even. Bass is also not considerable(very low volume of 31hz and 62hz subranges)
So my 2000 Rs got wasted in this crap. Dont know why it has been given whathifi award. Such an unequalised headphone by a chinese manufacturer. Its price is four times that of es18 which has similar sound (90% same, actually i realised that after buying).The extra 1400 price tag is for the extra metal part only.There are much other options like ep630. Now there is no way to replace it and get that 2000 back....
frown.gif

Yes, from  my experiences, wh-205 with my nokia x302.5 sounds so natural and pleasing to ears than es18, etc. headphones sounds with LAPTOP..yes, es18 , etc has clarity, many good things. but wh 205 sounds very pleasing to ears than rest..........quality ! 

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #110 of 660
So my 2000 Rs got wasted in this crap. Dont know why it has been given whathifi award. Such an unequalised headphone by a chinese manufacturer. Its price is four times that of es18 which has similar sound (90% same, actually i realised that after buying).The extra 1400 price tag is for the extra metal part only.There are much other options like ep630. Now there is no way to replace it and get that 2000 back....
frown.gif

i dont think e10 lacks bass at all , you are getting a bad insertion i think , they are not sibilant too , es18 got some spark , try equalizing , its not a bad phone at all , you can find e10 getting recommended in many websites cuz they are awesome , you can find them in the headphone list too .
    you guys need ep-630 i think , huge load of muddy bass , and less to none spark in highs .
 what other iems you have tried , and how would you compare them with e10 .

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #111 of 660
  Yes, from  my experiences, wh-205 with my nokia x302.5 sounds so natural and pleasing to ears than es18, etc. headphones sounds with LAPTOP..yes, es18 , etc has clarity, many good things. but wh 205 sounds very pleasing to ears than rest..........quality ! 

every one has their own likings .

Apr 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #112 of 660

not to worry man , i will answer all you want , all i can , ep-630 lacks spark , go for it , listening for hours may hamper your listening , i just wonder if there is something with your source/device .

get rockbox player , its a bit raw , but the best i have seen on an android device , plenty of settings available .

hamper??? why?

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #115 of 660
Actually i use the right size earbud, the small one,which fits perfectly, but even then the sound of the **** e10 is unequalised with plentiful of midrange and 16khz(higher treble frequency) and too low 31 hz, 61 hz, & 8 khz(treble, but half that of 16 khz) . wh205 in comparison to this has natural amount of bass, right 8khz and lesser piercing 16khz subranges

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #116 of 660
Actually i use the right size earbud, the small one,which fits perfectly, but even then the sound of the **** e10 is unequalised with plentiful of midrange and 16khz(higher treble frequency) and too low 31 hz, 61 hz, & 8 khz(treble, but half that of 16 khz) . wh205 in comparison to this has natural amount of bass, right 8khz and lesser piercing 16khz subranges

yeah , i have another option for those who dont like spark , i think .
http://www.grabmore.in/products/751492531359/PNY-Midtown-200-Series-In-Ear-Headphones-with-Mic-Black-&-Silver.html

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #118 of 660

agreed....though es18 has more boom,,,,,,,,but wh205's bass feels more natural and precise..though it is not much but enough to enjoy.

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #120 of 660
agreed....though es18 has more boom,,,,,,,,but wh205's bass feels more natural and precise..though it is not much but enough to enjoy.

Boom ! Where is the boom? I already described earlier that these have very little bass as compared to the wh205 which have much bass and more pleasant to hear. And their price which is only Rs 350 which means that the soundmagic e10 ( same sound q. as es18) is 6 times pricier than this bang for buck. But the problem is that the nokia WH205 works with nokia phones only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back