Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl tempo in ear , review of philips she 3590 , feat the she 3580 rp-hj3 120 and panasonic rp-hje355 . and more .
Mar 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #62 of 660
  thanx again........got es18 today.......couldn't get any better....
Will bass boost on this affects its life span?
friends.

it will last you more then 3-4 years , it depends upon the material used and in this case its not the top end thing like titanium diaphragm which can last you 10 years , liquid crystal can last 5-7 , its not a BA ( balanced armature ) which can last like 7-8 years for not so precisely built one and more then 15 years for one like inside a HF5  .

and a bass boost can affect the magnets life , but not much , you are cool for 3 years , in a year or two you will get bored with this phone and you will be looking for a better phone .

(  these numbers are for 2 hours of daily use )

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #63 of 660
What these es18 are ear piercing at all volumes
souundmagic es 18.......it hurts  and too harsh........not for 5 minutes i can hold it
while wh 205 with my nokia x302 gives a nice sound with a natural feeling but es 18 is just a crap even on laptop
Should have bought ep 630.......or not? please felas assist

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #64 of 660
  What these es18 are ear piercing at all volumes
souundmagic es 18.......it hurts  and too harsh........not for 5 minutes i can hold it
while wh 205 with my nokia x302 gives a nice sound with a natural feeling but es 18 is just a crap even on laptop
Should have bought ep 630.......or not? please felas assist

let it burn , play music for at least 50 hrs , 7-8hrs sessions at moderate volume ( dont use them , let it lie at a safe place , listen to it when ever you want to check the changes , they will open up , highs will drop , and people out there love this kind of spark at top and it is clearer sounding then ep-630 , this spark will go down but not much , and this is called better reproduction of sound , and about wh205 , it lacks extension at top end and is spark less . keep no doubt , es18 is a far better phone then ep630 or wh205 .

i was not aware of you sensitivity for highs , or i would have had you going for ep-630 or ep-600 , i like these creative phones have gifted my friends but its not for serious listening at all , they are muddy and veiled too .

" or " you can equalize it , bring the frequencies over 4.5k down , till you find them tolerable .

you can play with eqs , and find out the best one for you .

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #65 of 660
       let it burn , play music for at least 50 hrs , 7-8hrs sessions at moderate volume ( dont use them , let it lie at a safe place , listen to it when ever you want to check the changes , they will open up , highs will drop , and people out there love this kind of spark at top and it is clearer sounding then ep-630 , this spark will go down but not much , and this is called better reproduction of sound , and about wh205 , it lacks extension at top end and is spark less . keep no doubt , es18 is a far better phone then ep630 or wh205 .

i was not aware of you sensitivity for highs , or i would have had you going for ep-630 or ep-600 , i like these creative phones have gifted my friends but its not for serious listening at all , they are muddy and veiled too .

" or " you can equalize it , bring the frequencies over 4.5k down , till you find them tolerable .

you can play with eqs , and find out the best one for you .

It was my fault actually i haven't told u about my highs's disliking.
BTW, u must be a very good guy in real life.......helping everyone ......good bro.
I can't handle highs, even in my z623, I only listen bass and mids mainly.
eqlizing isn't helping, I have requested for return ......if got accepted, I will buy ep630 or any philips.....thanx btw bro

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #66 of 660
  It was my fault actually i haven't told u about my highs's disliking.
BTW, u must be a very good guy in real life.......helping everyone ......good bro.
I can't handle highs, even in my z623, I only listen bass and mids mainly.
eqlizing isn't helping, I have requested for return ......if got accepted, I will buy ep630 or any philips.....thanx btw bro

see if you can get pl11 or pl21 , they will solve our problem with highs and are better then ep-630 .

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #67 of 660
Now that the Sony XBA-1 is on clearance for around $20-25 it is a very nice deal. Some think it is a bit bass deficient, however I don't. It is a balanced armature design, with a very nice midrange. It has great isolation. For under $25 now, it is a great value.
It was originally around $70.

The Soundmagic ES18 is really a great value for just $12. It sounds very musical. It looks  cheap, however it does feel solidly built. I guess if it looked better, they wouldn't be selling many E10 earphones at 3x the price.

The Panasonic RP-HJE355 has more detail than the HJE450, however I prefer the fit and sound of HJE450 with its larger drivers. When will Panasonic come out with the HJE455, an improved version of the HJE450 with more detail?

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #69 of 660
  Now that the Sony XBA-1 is on clearance for around $20-25 it is a very nice deal. Some think it is a bit bass deficient, however I don't. It is a balanced armature design, with a very nice midrange. It has great isolation. For under $25 now, it is a great value.
It was originally around $70.

The Soundmagic ES18 is really a great value for just $12. It sounds very musical. It looks  cheap, however it does feel solidly built. I guess if it looked better, they wouldn't be selling many E10 earphones at 3x the price.

The Panasonic RP-HJE355 has more detail than the HJE450, however I prefer the fit and sound of HJE450 with its larger drivers. When will Panasonic come out with the HJE455, an improved version of the HJE450 with more detail?

xba-1 is priced $60 here in india , even at that price its a good buy , but music-o-death wants bass and xba1 wont do bass , es18 has its own drawbacks one being l/r marking , other being a bit more emphasis on bass , even then its a fab phone . hje-355 lags frame , cant do electronic , never heard hje-450 , left alone hje450 , i wonder why smgic are not coming up with a upgrade of pl50 and e30/e10 and about panas why they are not coming up with a hje-900 upgrade ? i will buy all those phones for sure , given that they are better sounding and are a worthy upgrade .

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #70 of 660
"~~es18 has its own drawbacks one being l/r marking"

I used a marker and put a dot on one side. It is actually marked, but hard to read.

"~~other being a bit more emphasis on bass"

The ES18 seems to have just the right amount of bass. One person on head-fi measured the ES18,
and the frequency response is very flat!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

For around $12 the ES18 is a great bargain! I guess my main complaint about it is how it looks.
I would have preferred if it was all black.

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #71 of 660
  "~~es18 has its own drawbacks one being l/r marking"

I used a marker and put a dot on one side. It is actually marked, but hard to read.

"~~other being a bit more emphasis on bass"

The ES18 seems to have just the right amount of bass. One person on head-fi measured the ES18,
and the frequency response is very flat!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

For around $12 the ES18 is a great bargain! I guess my main complaint about it is how it looks.
I would have preferred if it was all black.

Hey, if I will burn these like 70 hrs, then will the highs will smoothen?
Plz , tell or else i am selling these......
cool.gif

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #72 of 660
  Hey, if I will burn these like 70 hrs, then will the highs will smoothen?
Plz , tell or else i am selling these......
cool.gif

it will , but i cant assure you that it will be adequate to your taste , you can try and see for sure .

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #73 of 660
You can buy the XBA-1 for $25 from B&H in NYC, however shipping to India will be expensive, so it probably isn't worth getting unless you buy a few at a time.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/840213-REG/Sony_XBA_1_XBA_1_Balanced_Armature_Headphones.html

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #74 of 660
Hey guys!
                         I just wanna ask that in soundmagic es18, if somehow I get used to these sparking highs, will it hurt my ears continuously though I will pretend liking it.
OR
these sparking is harmless and just good for ears and sound production.
confused.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #75 of 660
Sparkling highs? Does you player have an equalizer so you can adjust the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back