Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Mar 17, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #2,612 of 3,060

Once I thought I had killed one side of my UE600vi I am using for sports (went to the sink to refresh my hands and face after I came back in after running, one side of the UE accidentally fell into the water-filled sink and sounded extremely muffled, almost silent), but after two days, it was normally working again.

Same here XD, i was cleaning the side of the nozzles with water (silicone got sticky for some odd reason) and some went in, I panicked for a while when one side didnt produce sound at all but after 4 hours of drying the sound came back nice and clear.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #2,613 of 3,060
I really wonder how High on IM02 sounding with Fiio X3II (Output Impedance: >0.2 ohm),
As I care really much about Treble.

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,614 of 3,060
Shame on you - carrying them in your pants' pockets without any protection. 
kopfschuettelnde-smilies-0010.gif

As others have said, get a small case for your in-ears.

The good news is that it might be that your IEMs are not broken - put them into a case with drying capsules for one to a few days (or if you don't have drying capsules, put them in a box with rice). There is a chance that just the filters may be clogged with water - I've heard of a few cases when people put their (C)IEMs into the washer and they survived. Usually, the filters and the air pillow in the nozzle and in-ear bodies can naturally prevent the IEMs from greater water damage. So if you are lucky, your IEMs might be still fine.

Once I thought I had killed one side of my UE600vi I am using for sports (went to the sink to refresh my hands and face after I came back in after running, one side of the UE accidentally fell into the water-filled sink and sounded extremely muffled, almost silent), but after two days, it was normally working again.

At first I didn't hear anything now the right side is normal but the other side is so silent. Do you think my im03 will survive I just put my iem in a small bowl of rice

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #2,615 of 3,060
  At first I didn't hear anything now the right side is normal but the other side is so silent. Do you think my im03 will survive I just put my iem in a small bowl of rice

Give them a few days - my crystal ball isn't working right now, so I cannot say whether they will work again.
Patience is the key to find out whether you had luck or not.

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #2,616 of 3,060
Give them a few days - my crystal ball isn't working right now, so I cannot say whether they will work again.
Patience is the key to find out whether you had luck or not.

Oh don't worry I just went to Walmart to buy a magic 8 ball it said yes!

Edit: I can feel it the sound is getting louder it just needs to dry up a bit and the magic 8 ball was right!

edit 2: Yay my im03 is normal now :D

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #2,617 of 3,060
After nearly a year, I finally published a proper review of the IM03.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-im03-sonicpro-balanced-in-ear-monitor-headphones/reviews/15539

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #2,618 of 3,060
Some reason the bass seems louder on the right side now. Do these need to dry up more or could the driver actually be kinda broken. I do feel like the sound is still little uneven after letting them in the rice for 2-3 days

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #2,619 of 3,060
I just wonder how Treble on IM02 are sounding with very low output impedance (<0.2ohm) are they going to roll-off?,
OP just state that IM02 sound best with low output impedance (<1ohm), from my iPod Classic (4ohm) Treble just sound natural.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #2,620 of 3,060
  I just wonder how Treble on IM02 are sounding with very low output impedance (<0.2ohm) are they going to roll-off?,
OP just state that IM02 sound best with low output impedance (<1ohm), from my iPod Classic (4ohm) Treble just sound natural.

I just test im02 with my new cayin n5, 0.26 output impedance. The treble is controlled and smooth compare to iphone 6 which is bright and ear fatigue for long listening session.

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #2,622 of 3,060
For yodobashi, if you are a member u can collect points and then there will be 10% discount

I was just going there for a vacation. I did get the 8% tax waive.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #2,625 of 3,060
Can someone suggest me a direct upgrade for im02? I'm thinking about savant and dn2000j.

If you can, get the Savant. The DN2000j won't be much of an upgrade. They're in the same performance bracket. Except of course the DUNU is a hybrid, and will have much nicer bass.

The Savant is the real upgrade, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back