Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04, ATH-IM50, & ATH-IM70
Jul 14, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,117 of 3,060

They are looking good there 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #2,118 of 3,060
There is another thread regarding the spin fit tips. I personally would not waste time and money to try them, because from acoustic stand points it is just not right. There is a small throttle at the join which allow the tip to spin. Right here is what I called obstruction.

Obstruction will always negate the sound waves, especially those of higher frequencies as they are smaller and faster in disperse and cycles.

Just my 2 cents, but in this hobby everyone opinion is different. It will always be interesting to see some one try it out and tell the feedback, and this is exactly why I love headfi.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2,120 of 3,060

When you buy directly in the store you get them for 20. 
And Treoo sold them (both types) recently for 25 SGD including worldwide free shipping.

ah! thanks for pointing it out! 

i think i'll get a pair from treoo for 9 bucks? but they are having some problems with their checkout, just sent them a message. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #2,121 of 3,060
Hello, I'm very interested in an im02 but I can't prove it in my fiio x1 and and my cowon d20+fiio e11k2 because a friend of mine is going to buy it in Japan for me and I'm very worried on how it will works because the output impedance. You think it will sounds well?
Many thanks

Jul 16, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #2,122 of 3,060
Hmm i havent tried those tips but UE 600 tips are the most comfortable to me and i can even wear them overnight!
Sony tips are crap n dont isolate that well

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #2,123 of 3,060
My LunaShop cable came in!

I do not believe there is any difference in sound. Wasn't expecting it, though I did hope. Upon first using it, I had naught but hate for it. The wire is stiff and springy, and does not drape over my ear. I must use the chin-sinch to keep the cable from bouncing over my ear and hanging free.

After a few hours, though, I gotten more used it. I'm on my second day of using it, and it's even better.

The Spiral Dots are back in place. The IM03 was still a little peaky when I was in a mood to notice, so currently I'm not using the UE tips. The sound is very smooth and spacious. Still quite a bit lighter than the IM04.

I'm coming to the end, here. I will need to make a final decision very soon.

20150715_093148_zpsfdhe0ndf.jpg

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #2,124 of 3,060
My LunaShop cable came in!

I do not believe there is any difference in sound. Wasn't expecting it, though I did hope. Upon first using it, I had naught but hate for it. The wire is stiff and springy, and does not drape over my ear. I must use the chin-sinch to keep the cable from bouncing over my ear and hanging free.

After a few hours, though, I gotten more used it. I'm on my second day of using it, and it's even better.

The Spiral Dots are back in place. The IM03 was still a little peaky when I was in a mood to notice, so currently I'm not using the UE tips. The sound is very smooth and spacious. Still quite a bit lighter than the IM04.

I'm coming to the end, here. I will need to make a final decision very soon.

20150715_093148_zpsfdhe0ndf.jpg

I have been saying this for a while, Luna cables are just replacement cables. They are nowhere a high-end quality cable. I wouldn't expect anything to change here. If you really want something to change, at the lease 6OCC of real quality cables and never do silver wrapped copper. It increases Z hence in the same meaning as low quality copper cables

Go pure copper 6OCC or pure Silver only.

Jul 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #2,125 of 3,060
And I've been saying from the beginning, I didn't buy this one for audio improvement. I just wanted to get off the memory wire.

Still, I would have taken audio improvement. :)

What shop do you frequent for well-made, high purity cables?

Jul 16, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #2,126 of 3,060
And I've been saying from the beginning, I didn't buy this one for audio improvement. I just wanted to get off the memory wire.

Still, I would have taken audio improvement. :)

What shop do you frequent for well-made, high purity cables?

I did not use any shop though I purchased my cables from an ebayer. He is pretty quick with special orders and stuff, also good pricing as well. Just search for 7N OCC cables upgrade and look for the seller name "tygamehk09"

Let me link you to the cables that I have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7N-OCC-Upgrade-Cable-for-Audio-Technica-IM01-IM02-IM03-IM04-IM50-IM70-/221821310913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a59497c1

Jul 16, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #2,127 of 3,060
How has is his shipping, really? And can you upgrade it?

That cable looks awful, and awkward. Does it feel better than it looks?

Jul 16, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #2,128 of 3,060
Shipping was pretty fast

Upgrade as in trade-in upgrade ? I am not sure, never asked, but I doubt it

It is sturdy, and not soft. Is it comfortable ? Not exactly. It doesn't tangle and or self coil up :)

I will be looking into taking off the clear plastic shell and wrap it with some fibers for better comfort.

You can't really beat the price though.

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #2,129 of 3,060
No, I meant upgrade the shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back