REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Feb 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #512 of 854
Not sure, the Touch 2G is pretty good, in fact very good, and I believe it's the same as the iPhone 3G in terms of what's inside/HP out. I like all three of them, Sony/Zune/Touch. But you are right, the Touch (or iPhone 3G) does offer very good un-EQ'd sound as well. I have not owned a Cowon or other high-quality brand, so can't speak for the rest.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #513 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibble Fat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No EQ on Zune either?!!? ...And I thought I wanted to trade my ipod for one. Can someone with an ounce of common sense get into the mp3 industry, please? These high end players can't do crap compared to lower end models

hey, I just ordered a pair of NE-7M's from amazon. thanks guys

I have a Zune 30gb, and it has 8 pre-set EQs, but no custom setting, which Microsoft says would be a major battery drain. (??)

Anyway, pretty sure you will enjoy the NE-7M -- I am.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #515 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, early Zune's had EQ. If you upgrade software to 3.x, it will disappear, I believe.

The Zune 30gb with the 3.1 OS still has the equalizer. I don't know about the newer 4-8-16 & 80-120 players. Zune.net only mentions equalizer with the 30GB model.

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #516 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't say as I agree with that assessment. I own both a Zune80 and a Sony A818 9as well as the iPod Touch 2G and two Clips), and apples to apples (no EQ effects used on the Sony), to me the Zune sound is the smoother, more musical of the two. I also like the latest Zune software, 3.x, as it's become very easy to use, never really screws up, etc.

Not to denigrate the Sony DAP, because the EQ is nice to have sometimes, but with quality phones like the W3s or the PFEs, two I own, the Zune outperforms the Sony SQ-wise. It desn't have EQ, but it doesn't need EQ. Just my two cents. I realize others may disagree, but if you owned a Zune, you would appreciate its quality sound.

like i said, in my opinion. =D

Feb 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #518 of 854
I just ordered the nuforce ne-7m and was wondering which tips are good. I heard the shure e2c silicon tips were pretty good. Can someone (HeadphoneAddict :p) please tells what it looks like (pics) and where I can buy them (prefferably black or transparent)?
Ps. I searched in google (shure e2c silicon tips) and there were way too many tips and couldn't really tell the difference. Thanks in advance!

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #520 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go to ebay and search for E2c Flex or E2c Silicone

they're both the same right? Cause they both look a bit different.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #521 of 854
Feb 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #522 of 854
Regarding NE-8, there's absolutely no sibilance after burn in?
I'm about to buy these, but I'm fairly sensitive to sibilance which is why I've only been listening to my px100/hd555. Need an isolating IEM.

Feb 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #523 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by PG21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regarding NE-8, there's absolutely no sibilance after burn in?
I'm about to buy these, but I'm fairly sensitive to sibilance which is why I've only been listening to my px100/hd555. Need an isolating IEM.

Well, if it isn't in the recording and you have 150 hours of burn-in on the NE-8, with the biflange tips or Complys T400 tips then there is none. But, it's all about choosing the right tips and source, once you have burned them.

A good example of wrong tips and source - I can get sibilance with the Phonak Audeo and 4G Nano if I mix the grey sound filters with the silicone tips, where there is little to none in the recordings. But with black filters or with using Complys foam tips with the grey filters I can make it go away. Changing my source from a 4G Nano to a 5.5g iPod video can make it go away as well.

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #524 of 854
Just decided to pick up a pair as a gift for my girlfriend. Hope she likes them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back