REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Dec 21, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #196 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds nice with a DAP, but better with a good bass boost. The bass boost is not neccessary but it is fun.

Looks to have great synergy with my tweaked Cowon D2 settings and a bit of Mach3Bass then (despite the bass rolloff which is noticeable).
Honestly, the only reason preventing me from buying these = Xmas time $$ >.<
Stop convincing me dammit!

Dec 22, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #197 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by bostitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphoneaddict,

So NE-8 is slightly more detailed and neutral but less bass impact compare to NE-7.

Does that mean NE-8 bass impact is somewhat similar to podless iM716 (47 ohm) unamped? (I found podless 47ohm iM716 when driven straight of DAP lack of bass impact compare to Denon C700). Does Nuforce Icon Mobile helps the bass impact on NE-8? And are you planning to write review of NE-8? Thanks!

That would be a fair statement compared to the IM716 with 47 ohm pod. An amp does help with the NE-8 while amping is almost mandatory with the IM716. But bass boost helps even more. I will add my impressions of the NE-8 here, and update the thread's title when I am ready.

MY PROBLEM IS WE ARE GETTING READY TO FLY OUT ON VACATION FOR XMAS AND I HAVE STUFF PACKED, THEN IF I NEED COMPLYS TIPS OR ANOTHER EARPHONE I HAVE TO UNPACK EVERYTHING.

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #198 of 854
HA, if you are to choose to keep only one, what will it be, ne-7m or ne8?
With your review on the other thread, I'm now leaning towards the 7.
o2smile.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #200 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrazmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HA, if you are to choose to keep only one, what will it be, ne-7m or ne8?
With your review on the other thread, I'm now leaning towards the 7.
o2smile.gif

At this point I still like the NE-7M better.

Dec 23, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #201 of 854
What do you like about them more? Are you more partial to a slightly bigger bass?

I listen to jazz, blues, and some rock/alternative. I'm considering both sets being discussed here, and am trying to figure out what the difference is between the two and how it would influence my decision for my types of music.

I wish the 7Ms would be available without the buttons on the cable. I have no use for them and they'd be a nuisance. I definitely think the 8Ms look better and am curious as to the actual performance differences, especially considering I've read that they should sound better.

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #202 of 854
They just seem more well rounded in the fuller bass, which I like. With the XM5 amp and bass boost turned on the NE-8 are slightly better in spaciousness and detail, but not by a large margin.

Dec 23, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #203 of 854
Thanks. Any estimate on a timeline for a full review?

Is the only significant difference the fullness of the bass? How about other elements, mids/treble, soundstage, clarity, etc? Would you describe the bass on the 8s as being too thin or weak? Is this a personal preference based on your music and sound tastes or do you think it's more or less objective? Some people here have thought that the 7s are a little bass heavy (at least that's what I gathered while glossing through this thread), so I wonder about it being a taste thing.

Dec 23, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #204 of 854
We're on a scheduled vacation and I only just finished burning them in Sunday. I can't give a time when I'll be done until we get settled in after Xmas day in Maui.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #205 of 854
Just wanted to thank you for your great review. Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to get the SCL4 for $80 in Canada since I can just buy the NE-7M for my iPhone
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #206 of 854
Wow, I ordered the earphones at 1am and they shipped it at 4am! What a turnaround. Nuforce rules!

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #207 of 854
I am also thinking of selling my x10 for a westone 3. Hopefully it will worth it...

Dec 24, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #208 of 854
HeadphoneAddict, have you heard the SE420? how does the nuforce compare to them? Recently I have got the chance to listen to a pair of SE420, and I find them very rich and musical, so I'm curious how the NE-7M stacks up against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back