REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Dec 11, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #166 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by dlamin517 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone confirm that the play/pause and skip/rewind buttons work on the 3g iphone

i just bought those apple earbuds pretty much for only the controls and the quality sucks. ugh.

so if these are better than my denon c700s and have a remote on them i will be GOLDEN!

Yup - the button works on my 3G. Well, occasionally. I've found that a mix of the button being not entirely button-like and the iPhone's intransigence to respond to said button means it's not a smooth process as I would hope.

When listening when out for a walk this evening I found the ff/rw would not respond until I woke the iPhone up. Perhaps it's something to do when the music player is not open?

As for sound (on my three hour old set of NE-7Ms) I'm suprised at the sound quality. Unfortunately I'm useless at described sounds &c so all I can say is that the bass is suprisingly punchy while the high end is a little wince induction. Hopefully they'll smooth out.

They aren't quite as punchy as my C751 but I like the detail hidden within. The C751 has lovely fat bass but sacrifices definition. I didn't buy the NE-7M to replace the C751s so I'm quite happy to have both of them in my audio arsenal
normal_smile .gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #167 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaizefm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup - the button works on my 3G. Well, occasionally. I've found that a mix of the button being not entirely button-like and the iPhone's intransigence to respond to said button means it's not a smooth process as I would hope.

When listening when out for a walk this evening I found the ff/rw would not respond until I woke the iPhone up. Perhaps it's something to do when the music player is not open?

As for sound (on my three hour old set of NE-7Ms) I'm suprised at the sound quality. Unfortunately I'm useless at described sounds &c so all I can say is that the bass is suprisingly punchy while the high end is a little wince induction. Hopefully they'll smooth out.

They aren't quite as punchy as my C751 but I like the detail hidden within. The C751 has lovely fat bass but sacrifices definition. I didn't buy the NE-7M to replace the C751s so I'm quite happy to have both of them in my audio arsenal
normal_smile .gif

k i will order these then and compare them to the new apple in ear dual driver earbuds i have

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #168 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonnnystarks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read throughout this thread and many said these phones are supposed to have a nice kick in terms of bass. The bass is there, but it is not as big I expected.

I have a good seal with the stock silicon ear tips...

I know that the complys made a difference for many, but HPAddicts original review was with the stock ones. Any help? Did I get a defective one?

I'm used to very bassy music and I find the NE-7M has really decent and tight bass.

Curious what other audio gear you can compare to. I'd say the bass is at least as good as having a tight dedicated sub that wasn't flabby and bloated.

PS I saw your post about the foam tips. Mine came without foam tips, I do not believe they are included.

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #169 of 854
The button doesn't work for me at all. It worked somewhat in the start, it could occasionally pause and play the song, but double- or triple-pressing the button didn't work.

Now not even that works, the button is currently completely useless.
frown.gif

I have an iPhone 2.5G

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #170 of 854
Quote:

ya but what does 'work' mean

i will ask again

if i use NE-7M with my 3g iphone will i be able to play my music, pause it, skip tracks, and go to previous tracks?

yes.

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #171 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

ya but what does 'work' mean

i will ask again

if i use NE-7M with my 3g iphone will i be able to play my music, pause it, skip tracks, and go to previous tracks?

yes.

No, you won't, unless you are lucky like HeadphoneAddict

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #172 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by kris33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The button doesn't work for me at all. It worked somewhat in the start, it could occasionally pause and play the song, but double- or triple-pressing the button didn't work.

frown.gif

I have an iPhone 2.5G

Given that this was a gradual decline in functionality, it sounds to me like you might have a defective set. Can you exchange them?

Dec 12, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #175 of 854
I had a defective set where the mic button was working intermittently. I contacted Nuforce via email. Jason Lim sent me a new set with a postage paid return envelop for me to return the defective set. I am extremely impressed with such service.

Dec 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #177 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by broodwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how the new Apple IEMs will compare to the NE-7M. If anyone has the means to compare the two I would love to hear your feedback. My guess is that the Nuforce will probably still sound better and for less money than the Apple IEMs. I suspect Apple has built-in a higher markup than Nuforce.

once i get the 7ms i will write a short review

ill send you a pm

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #178 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by kris33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif

I have an iPhone 2.5G

Try twisting the plug around
Weird, but I found that the buttons only work when the plug is twisted at certain positions

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #179 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiljim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try twisting the plug around
Weird, but I found that the buttons only work when the plug is twisted at certain positions

works all around for me

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #180 of 854
Just got my pair, thanks to HeadphoneAddict's review!

I have a couple of questions:
1) Does it come with a carrying case? Mine has a BIG empty slot for it in the packaging.
2) How many silicone tips pairs does it come with? Small, Medium and Large? 3 pairs? or more?

Also some of the silicone tips in the box had white powder/dirt on 'em, I just hope they are not used!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back