REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Dec 2, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #46 of 854
How easy does it look to crack open the NE7M and give it a rewire (to get rid of the microphone)? Do you think it could be pulled apart and put back together with superglue and still look the same?

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #47 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How easy does it look to crack open the NE7M and give it a rewire (to get rid of the microphone)? Do you think it could be pulled apart and put back together with superglue and still look the same?

That doesn't seem like something that needs to be done. The mc is small enough to be ignored, but when used with the Icon Mobile USB dac amp you can use the mic for online voice chat/IM/Skype.

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #50 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd been thinking about a Clip or a Fuze, but hadn't decided between the two. I was leaning toward the Fuze because of having a better screen and video playback capabilities while still keeping FLAC support (Main reason I dislike the View). Any reason why the Clip might be better than the Fuze?

I'd take the Fuze for a few reasons:

#1. Rockbox is being ported to the Fuze... I got feedback that audio is already running on the Fuze, so it shouldn't be too long for the build to get stable...

#2. The oblivious SD card slot. It really is a nice thing to have.

#3. The bigger screen also allows for searching your large music files a lot faster.

Just my two cents
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #52 of 854
That was actually another reason I was considering the Fuze, since the View has virtually no Rockbox support at all yet (very preliminary stages).

I want to listen to my FLACs without having to convert to 320 LAMEs!

.....>.> I'm also sitting on just over $200 in various headphone/music gear on Amazon.com. Can't decide. Too many good deals. (And WOW, Sansa Fuze (Blue) 4 GB for $30?.....)

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #54 of 854
Just received mine today

Quite a bit of bass packed in these, refreshing change from the iM716 i've been using

Btw, the play/forward button doesnt seem to work with my iPhone 3G, but works fine with the 2G

They look kinda similar to 1 of the Crossroads earphones, wonder if they're the same production

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #55 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiljim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received mine today

Quite a bit of bass packed in these, refreshing change from the iM716 i've been using

Btw, the play/forward button doesnt seem to work with my iPhone 3G, but works fine with the 2G

They look kinda similar to 1 of the Crossroads earphones, wonder if they're the same production

Same housing, new drivers. I'm trying mine right now and the button is pausing, playing and skipping for me. Are you pushing the button part of the mic as the button part is different than on the apple buds. Or try to reset your iphone holding the home and power button both at the same time and not letting go till you see the start up apple logo. Then try it again.

We'd love to read some more impressions about the sound after you have had time to get familiar with them.

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #56 of 854
Alright even with the lack of information on these earbuds I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order a pair. This will be my first IEM since I had sony ex71's back in 2004. I was between these and the denon c551, im716/616, head-direct re-2, and senn cx500.

Just a couple questions for headphone addict:
Will the nuforce ne7m deliver clarity similar to the er6i?

And would I be better off just going with the nuforce ne8 rather than the nuforce ne7m??

Dec 3, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #58 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same housing, new drivers. I'm trying mine right now and the button is pausing, playing and skipping for me. Are you pushing the button part of the mic as the button part is different than on the apple buds. Or try to reset your iphone holding the home and power button both at the same time and not letting go till you see the start up apple logo. Then try it again.

We'd love to read some more impressions about the sound after you have had time to get familiar with them.

Alright i figured it out, it has something to do with the position of the jack
With the iPhone screen facing me, the button works when the cable is rotated so that it points up towards me and to the left
It doesn't work when the cable is rotated pointing to the right and to the bottom
Weird huh...probably some connection issues with the jack on my iphone

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #59 of 854
Just did some minor listening (30 mins) with the NE-7Ms (just arrived) and Larry, you are on the money again. Very, very nice sound, and at $49, no phone even close at that price to the SQ out of these phones. I am going to keep my X10s and of course, my new W3s (as soon as I can "reopen" them on Xmas), but the Custom 3s are going on the sales block. I am content with the 7s, the 3s, the X10s and the modded 716s as my four IEMs.

Since I have an iPod Touch 2G, these are really great. I switched over to Comply T400s, since I don't care much for silicone, and they work very well. Probably get more highs out of a silicone sleeve, but comfort is more important. Not going to do any lengthy review (feeling down from a cold/flu), but I can add to Larry's initial belief that these phones are a tremendous bargain, and outperform many higher-priced phones. Example, I would choose these over the UE TF5 v2s I returned. I also won't repeat Larry's initial comments. Just wanted to say anyone looking for a low cost, hi-fi alternative, these phones hit the mark.

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #60 of 854
Great, now I'm going to have to pick some Nuforce IEMs up at some point. (Still waiting on feedback from the first wave of NE-8's)

They are really good enough to outclass the Custom 3's? That's impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back