REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Nov 28, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #31 of 854
HeadphoneAddict HI. I dont have a cell phone so would the 7 be good with a sansa clip? Or would the 8 be better for the extra 20.00 or is the 7 best value for the money? Thanks I would be putting these up against the PL-30.

Nov 28, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #32 of 854
So, are there any places I can get these in Canada? I'm on quite a low budget, and these sound perfect for what I'm looking for.

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #33 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have word from Nuforce that the NE-7M is indeed a CUSTOM DRIVER only for Nuforce, but using similar tooling as SoundMagic, thus saving the cost of tooling for a new case/shell and having to sell these for $150. This confirms my thoughts that these are indeed an upgrade in sound over the soundmagic, because nobody has ever described those to sound this good. Like I said, these are the best bang for the buck as far as sound per dollar. You can get better sound, but you have to spend a lot more money.

Yeah I discovered not too long after I posted that the Nuforce NE-8 has different sensitivity than the SoundMAGIC PL30, inferring that it has a different driver inside:

SoundMAGIC PL30:
Driver unit: 9mm.
Sensitivity: 102+/-3dB/m at 1 KHz.
Impedance: 12∩
Frequency response: 20Hz-22KHz.
Rated power: 2mW.
Max power: 20mW.

Nuforce NE-8:
Driver unit: 9mm
Sensitivity: 98+/-3dB/mW at 1 kHz
Impedance: 12 ohm
Frequency Response: 20Hz~22 kHz
Rated Power: 2mW
Max power: 20mW

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #34 of 854
How well do these respond to EQing? While they sound like they are a very good value, I think I'd prefer a slight favor towards treble over a neutral response. Also, how is the build quality, and do these stick out far from your ears?

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #36 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadphoneAddict HI. I dont have a cell phone so would the 7 be good with a sansa clip? Or would the 8 be better for the extra 20.00 or is the 7 best value for the money? Thanks I would be putting these up against the PL-30.

I'm definitely interested in knowing the answer to that since I don't own an iPhone, but would love to try either the NE-7M or NE-8 with my Sansa Clip.

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #40 of 854
I just ordered two pairs of NE-8s, one for me and one for the misses. HeadphoneAddict, I'm comin after you if I'm disappointed! j/p. Can't wait though. Luckily I live in the SF Bay Area, so I should get them within a day.

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #41 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered two pairs of NE-8s, one for me and one for the misses. HeadphoneAddict, I'm comin after you if I'm disappointed! j/p. Can't wait though. Luckily I live in the SF Bay Area, so I should get them within a day.

You can only come after me if you get the NE-7M and I was way off-base on the sound - you got the NE-8 which I have never heard
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #42 of 854
Right now I have the Nuforce NE-8, the Etymotic ER6i, and the JBuds J2 sitting in my Amazon cart.

I'm waiting for some feedback on the NE-8 before I make my final decision here, but it's likely going to be between the NE-8 and the J2s.....J2s being easy Christmas presents for some (buy one get one free) and NE-8 being another new toy for me (if feedback comes back good). As if I don't have enough toys already.
L3000.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #43 of 854
I ordered the NE-8s earlier today, I am waiting desperately for them to arrive! According to a representative from Nuforce in another forum, the NE-8s offer a slight improvement over the NE-7Ms in terms of sound quality.

As long as there does exist a slight improvement (and assuming the NE-7Ms are good), I'll be satisfied since I would have only paid $10 more for the NE-8s as opposed to the regular priced $20 more.

Waiting for Westone 3 and Nuforce NE-8s to arrive, and it will then be lots of music listening comparing the new arrivals with my trusty UE Triple.fi 10s.

@Taikero: You're missing a Sansa Clip in your collection :/

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #44 of 854
I'd been thinking about a Clip or a Fuze, but hadn't decided between the two. I was leaning toward the Fuze because of having a better screen and video playback capabilities while still keeping FLAC support (Main reason I dislike the View). Any reason why the Clip might be better than the Fuze?

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #45 of 854
You will most likely be impressed by the Clip and Fuze's sound quality over the View's. Both the Clip and the Fuze use the same sound chip (the View does not share that quality). However, the circuitry and wiring itself may have a slight impact on the sound quality. I own both, and I do not notice a difference when using either with my UE Triple.fi 10s.

Sound quality aside, one difference is that I need to turn the Fuze's volume at 45% of the max, whereas for the Clip I only need to turn the volume up to about 25-30% of the max for my preferred level of listening. I'm not sure how this might impact each individual's listening patterns, but for me, the audio output levels are more than enough---- anything higher than 60% on the Fuze and 50% on the Clip would more than likely make me lose my hearing very very fast. Both players are great in my opinion, I use the Clip when I go to the gym, and the Fuze when I'm studying or walking to class.

The obvious benefit of the Fuze is that it has a higher capacity and is expandable. Mine is currently 8gb + 8gb microSDHC. My two Clips are 2gb and 4gb.
The benefit of the Clip is that it's about half the price of the Fuze.
I don't use the Fuze at all for video playback, so that really didn't impact my decision to buy the DAP. I was convinced to buy it for it's Clip sound chip and higher capacity.

I noticed that there are 4gb Clips on sale for $35 at Amazon and 8gb Fuze on sale for $65 a few days ago at various brick and mortar stores. Not a bad price for either player. You really can't go wrong with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back