[REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor
Oct 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #76 of 367
  The previous and current Heir owners represent only a small percentage of the entire market.

In my personal opinion, if Wizard would like to improve his design, he would probably get feedback from owners of Heir and base on their feedback improve in the design. And after finalizing the design, it would only make sense to send the product to the user, to see if it is the product they are looking for. 

I believe sooner or later, there will be reviews coming from user that does not own any custom from Heir.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #77 of 367
  The previous and current Heir owners represent only a small percentage of the entire market.

You really need both.

The previous Heir owners and reviewers were clearly the easiest people to have review a yet unannounced product and company. So it makes sense to start with people you know.

With time, more totally independent reviews will surface especially if they really are as good as they say.

So, for serious7 and others, you'll just have to wait until the product is in more people's hands.

But for now, the most likely "early adopters" will be former Heir customers. Just give it time to satisfy those who want a more broad base of impressions/reviews.

No sense in "arguing" about the reviews right now. There's only so much that can be done by a new company and a new product.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #79 of 367
You really need both.

The previous Heir owners and reviewers were clearly the easiest people to have review a yet unannounced product and company. So it makes sense to start with people you know.

With time, more totally independent reviews will surface especially if they really are as good as they say.

So, for serious7 and others, you'll just have to wait until the product is in more people's hands.

But for now, the most likely "early adopters" will be former Heir customers. Just give it time to satisfy those who want a more broad base of impressions/reviews.

No sense in "arguing" about the reviews right now. There's only so much that can be done by a new company and a new product.

Yes, I agree with everything said here. Most folks need to warm up to buying a CIEM as it is more of a commitment than buying an universal IEM. However, as I stated earlier, some have taken the plunge and I look forward to reading what they have to say.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #81 of 367
All I said was, let's get some sample units to people who don't have brand loyalty to the wizard brand. It will provide a much better material for those of us (including me) who are interested in purchasing the noble flagship ciem. It looks amazing! I just don't have the leap of faith here to shell out $1500+ with reviews that are conducted by people who have brand loyalty. 

I never said it's not allowed for people like you to review the Wizard's products. However, knowing that the Wizard gave you a very special redesign of your 8A not too long ago with his own hands increases the likelihood of brand loyalty bias in your review. Many of the other Heir Audio owners never got a CIEM personally hand crafted by the Wizard's hands.

Cut them some slack eh! They're still new. Besides, would you rather send a review sample to someone you don't know, who might have a shady back ground, or to some one you know will not run of with your unit? *ahem ahem shop in Singapore I'm talking about you*

Any who, I payed full price for my 8A a year back and full price for the K10 as well. I might just try to write a review on them when I get mine, if what everyone wants is a non biased review.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Oct 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #83 of 367
  At the risk of being chased out of Head-fi by an angry pitchfork-wielding mob, I'll admit to using the K10 straight out of my laptop. Not even a cheap DAC or amp, just the headphone output of my corporate issue Probook 6475B. They still sound good. Not as good as they can, but they're not sensitive enough to become a hiss-fest out of the laptop. I'll admit to clocking quite a few hours of youtube with these. Not to mention Louis CK's latest show. Like I stated in my review, they're not picky but they really do grow with a better source. The Ibasso DX50 sounds spectacular with them.

That's good to know. Every once in a while you end up stuck without the home rig or don't have room for a portable stack. I'm glad they won't kill the ears if you're not feeding them a perfect signal, but it's also cool that they sound better when you do. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #85 of 367
Personally I enjoyed Kunlun's review.  From my youth on I've enjoyed reviews of audio gear; I don't always end up agreeing with the conclusions but the reviews themselves are entertaining and usually you can glean a lot of information from one that's well written.  As additional people add their input and experiences eventually a consensus of the CIEM's character will emerge.

The one weakness for CIEM reviews where the unit is gifted is that the reviewer is bound to receive the best possible customer service from the company.  This level of service isn't always the same for the average buyer.

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #86 of 367
  I don't really now what folks are expecting here. The reviewers are all known quantities and that should be enough for now.

And I do not really know why three reviews in a row saying in detail why the CIEMs (3 models in total) are the best thing since sliced bread, without any significant in build, and some of them reading like the company's marketing material (to the point that the mods noticed it!), seems totally normal to you.

But let us not start a a fight in this thread...it will bring no new info until other reviews confirm or negate what has been said so far. I for one wish these reviews to be accurate, because I would gladly buy a ciem close to perfection.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #87 of 367
  And I do not really know why three reviews in a row saying in detail why the CIEMs (3 models in total) are the best thing since sliced bread, without any significant in build, and some of them reading like the company's marketing material (to the point that the mods noticed it!), seems totally normal to you.

But let us not start a a fight in this thread...it will bring no new info until other reviews confirm or negate what has been said so far. I for one wish these reviews to be accurate, because I would gladly buy a ciem close to perfection.

I've had some pretty raging discussions with Kunlun in the past - he is (was?) a VERY big fan of dynamic drivers, preferring them over BA drivers. There might have been heated debates resulting in mutual blocking here on Head-Fi. One might have publicly doubted the other's ability to tie his own shoelaces and one might have acused the other of being a raging Future Sonics fanboy. 

But in this case, we happen to agree that yes, the Kaiser 10 really is better than sliced bread. Unless you're making sandwiches, off course. I hope to see many more reviews of Noble products in the future and I hope you will one day find the right CIEM for you, no matter which one you go with. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #88 of 367

Because I've had personal discussions with Project86 and know how level headed, open minded and sincere he is. LOL, I sound like a groupie.

Kunlun's review was not sensational in the least. He's also quite been around the block but I'm aware he may like more bass than I do. I've also had somewhat heated disagreement with him as well.

Sorensiin has been been very forth coming in the past but I know his and Wizards idea about sound jive.

That's the known quantity part.

I can take this all into consideration and not have any issue with these reviews what so ever. Only Project86 is a pro reviewer and he is PC in his opinions while still giving the us a product's strong and weak points. I don't begrudge the others for perhaps being excited about their new toys. If they didn't like them, that joy of discovery would be more tempered. It's not like they don't have other costly devices they could default back to.

Of course, more review's will come and also be appreciated regardless of opinion. For now, I have a reviewer I trust that likes the 8c a lot. Doesn't mean that I will like them as much but it's certainly encouraging.

Do we have to review the reviewers before we can accept an opinion. These weren't written by Swinsonny.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #89 of 367
 I don't begrudge the others for perhaps being excited about their new toys. If they didn't like them, that joy of discovery would be more tempered. It's not like they don't have other costly devices they could default back to.

I've had the K10 in my posession for almost 3 months now, specifically to ensure that the initial onslaught of "new toy syndrome" and "OMG SO PRETTY!" had worn of by the time of writing the review 
redface.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #90 of 367
That's still relatively new. I didn't mean to imply that you haven't yet come to terms with them. I like my new toys as well when they're good and am very frustrated when they are not. No syndrome implied. I personally need to wait for the other shoe to drop before I can fully participate in new toy joy.
bigsmile_face.gif

Hard not to think that your pair are OMG pretty every time you look at them. They are truly stunning. I never pay extra for cosmetics as I look at these sort of things more as tools than possessions but I'd have to seriously consider it if I were in the market for those. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back