[REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor
Oct 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #61 of 367
Well said, Sorensiim, and i thank you for your review. I enjoyed it and Kunlun´s review as well.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #62 of 367
There's bias both ways. Nobles gives Kunlun a free custom and there's bias. Kunlun buys a custom with his money and there's bias. There can be when he gets something free or when he feels like he spent his money so it should sound good. I find when there is no money involved there could be less potential for bias hwoever.

However I disagree that reviewers should be given a universal version of the custom. It gives an idea for the sound signature but after that it's a hit or miss as it could be close or it could be far from the actual thing. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #63 of 367
  There's bias both ways. Nobles gives Kunlun a free custom and there's bias. Kunlun buys a custom with his money and there's bias. There can be when he gets something free or when he feels like he spent his money so it should sound good. I find when there is no money involved there could be less potential for bias hwoever.

However I disagree that reviewers should be given a universal version of the custom. It gives an idea for the sound signature but after that it's a hit or miss as it could be close or it could be far from the actual thing. 

The whole idea about giving a universal is so that more people can sample the product instead of the usual few who ALWAYS review Wizard's products first.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #64 of 367
  Then that's a difference in view point here. All I said was, give a review sample/gift of the flagship Noble CIEM to someone who is not involved with the original Wizard brand. That would give me enough justification to shell out $1500+. Your mileage and spending power however may vary from mine. 

L3000.gif

About your problem, I think you should ask directly John or anyone else has enough authority in Noble audio to decide whether to make a demo version later

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #65 of 367
The whole idea about giving a universal is so that more people can sample the product instead of the usual few who ALWAYS review Wizard's products first.

Yeah I agree with this point. That it should be someone who doesn't ALWAYS review the heir CIEMS to have a wide variety of opinions...not just the same people all the time. If a product is good, other people will sing praises as well.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #66 of 367
We have done demo versions of our CIEMs not offered in universal form in the past and they will be done again. Some development needs to take place however, it isn't just a matter of throwing drivers into a shell. A distinct universal shell is needed to accommodate the 8C and K10, the development of which is time consuming and expensive.

In the meantime, everyone can take comfort in the fact that there are a few, dare I say respected, Head-Fi'ers that have purchased the K10 and other Noble products outright. I am sure upon receiving their units they will post their impressions for all to read.

It is true that Soren, Project, Kunlun have had previous experience with our products, but this is why we chose them (this, plus the fact that they are experienced reviewers). We wanted people who had lived with our previous generation to hear the new stuff so that comparisons could be drawn. Personally, I thought that such comparisons would interest the readers of Head-Fi.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #67 of 367
Yeah I agree with this point. That it should be someone who doesn't ALWAYS review the heir CIEMS to have a wide variety of opinions...not just the same people all the time. If a product is good, other people will sing praises as well.

I'm up for it if Noble wants to send me one, LOL. I love my JH13s and never heard a Heir.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #68 of 367
  If it is a universal demo/sample, then who cares if it potrudes out of the ear? It's a demo at the end of the day? From what I remember, the universal version of the 8A also potruded out of the ears. If the sample/demo unit is not meant to be kept as a "gift" then who care's how bad it looks? 

Even car manufacturers like BMW have ugly looking demo units. That's what makes it a demo in the first place.

1) I don't give a hoot how they look, but the point is that universal versions SOUND different.
2) You posted a picture of a test vehicle. You know, the one that BMW's own test drivers use for the road tests before finalising the new models. They add elaborate paint schemes and modified body panels to camouflage the look of the new models.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #69 of 367
  We have done demo versions of our CIEMs not offered in universal form in the past and they will be done again. Some development needs to take place however, it isn't just a matter of throwing drivers into a shell. A distinct universal shell is needed to accommodate the 8C and K10, the development of which is time consuming and expensive.

In the meantime, everyone can take comfort in the fact that there are a few, dare I say respected, Head-Fi'ers that have purchased the K10 and other Noble products outright. I am sure upon receiving their units they will post their impressions for all to read.

It is true that Soren, Project, Kunlun have had previous experience with our products, but this is why we chose them (this, plus the fact that they are experienced reviewers). We wanted people who had lived with our previous generation to hear the new stuff so that comparisons could be drawn. Personally, I thought that such comparisons would interest the readers of Head-Fi.

I found 86's comparison of the 8s very informative. While the Heir version would have not interested me due to personal sig preference, the newer Noble would have been something I sought out before a purchase decision.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #70 of 367
  1) I don't give a hoot how they look, but the point is that universal versions SOUND different.
2) You posted a picture of a test vehicle. You know, the one that BMW's own test drivers use for the road tests before finalising the new models. They add elaborate paint schemes and modified body panels to camouflage the look of the new models.

Yup, those are preproduction factory road test vehicles where they are hiding the styling from the public to not hurt current sales. Nothing to do with reviewers.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #71 of 367

Some of us aren't interested in hearing reviews from people who have brand loyalty. $1500+ is a huge stretch for me in my budget and I'm looking for a more neutral/wide spread sample set of demo reviews for me to justify buying the new Noble flagship CIEM. I hope you understand my perspective on this. If the flagship is as great as people say it is, then I see no harm in sending out universal loan demos as more people will review your product and say good things about the flagship.  Universals give a flavour of the real deal (the custom in this case).

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #72 of 367
  Hey Kunlun, appreciate the review. For what it was worth I think it's a great review.

Here's a couple quick questions though: did you get a chance to listen to the Kaiser out of any "non-audiophile" sources? As in just your iPod or a computer headphone out? If so, was it a huge step back in quality versus your Glacier, or does the Kaiser sound great even straight out of an iPod?

Any sensitivity issues or hiss? Easy/hard to drive?

Thanks!

At the risk of being chased out of Head-fi by an angry pitchfork-wielding mob, I'll admit to using the K10 straight out of my laptop. Not even a cheap DAC or amp, just the headphone output of my corporate issue Probook 6475B. They still sound good. Not as good as they can, but they're not sensitive enough to become a hiss-fest out of the laptop. I'll admit to clocking quite a few hours of youtube with these. Not to mention Louis CK's latest show. Like I stated in my review, they're not picky but they really do grow with a better source. The Ibasso DX50 sounds spectacular with them.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #73 of 367
I believe by allowing previous user to do a review on the current products, it will give all previous and current Heir owners a good grasp of how Noble would sound like as they have a reference base on the product they have. 

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #74 of 367
  I believe by allowing previous user to do a review on the current products, it will give all previous and current Heir owners a good grasp of how Noble would sound like as they have a reference base on the product they have. 

The previous and current Heir owners represent only a small percentage of the entire market.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #75 of 367
I'm up for it if Noble wants to send me one, LOL. I love my JH13s and never heard a Heir.:evil:  

I would be up for it as well, LOL. Of course, I'd have to learn how to convey my thoughts into words... :p

I thought the comparisons were very helpful to get an idea. I do wish the Kaiser was compared to the Miracle (and I may have skimmed over such comparison—so if there is one, let me know).

Edit: I have no complaints about the reviews. I think they are excellent, I'm just more of an auditory learner. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back