REVIEW: Musical Paradise MP-301 Tube Headphone / Speaker amp
May 10, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #31 of 146
Yes, it really is quite silly that the amp can't be found over here even since it is made in China?

frown.gif

May 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #32 of 146
I agree - that seems such a shame.

May 13, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #35 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Musical Paradise quoted $69 for surface shipping and did not quote the airmail cost - my guess is that it probably cost more then the amplifier, LOL.

biggrin.gif

US$69 is good enough ship from Hong Kong to USA/CANADA by EMS.

I'm design some new Headphone amp use difference tubes now. It will combine Jade & MG-Head OTL topology to become a New structure.

1. Plate Load by a Multi-tap autoformer, Tap will connect to a output coupling capacitor.

2. When switch turn to tap of Autoformer - It is tranformer coupling. It can lower the output impedance to much lower & drive Low impedance cans better.
3. When switch at plate position. It become a Choke loading OTL output form. Will have wider bandwidth, more high resolution. It is more suitable for high impedance Cans.
4. It still can output from Cathode just like Jade.

I'm choiceing output tubes for these new series of HP amps now. I'm consider
6BQ5 , 6V6 , 2A3, EL34. (Why EL34 still be consider due to it has low plate resistance when connect in triode mode, It around 1K Ohm only.). First model will be 2A3. May be design it in Module, Users can change tube module to use difference tubes.

May 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #36 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkrdlr007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab,does this amp have a self biasing feature for the tubes?.

I'm not sure. There is certainly no manual bias procedure, and I tried lots of different tubes with no issues, so I assume there is some self-biasing occurring, but I do not know this for sure. Maybe if Garry from Musical Paraside sees this he can answer.

May 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #37 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hz_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
US$69 is good enough ship from Hong Kong to USA/CANADA by EMS.

I'm design some new Headphone amp use difference tubes now. It will combine Jade & MG-Head OTL topology to become a New structure.

1. Plate Load by a Multi-tap autoformer, Tap will connect to a output coupling capacitor.

2. When switch turn to tap of Autoformer - It is tranformer coupling. It can lower the output impedance to much lower & drive Low impedance cans better.
3. When switch at plate position. It become a Choke loading OTL output form. Will have wider bandwidth, more high resolution. It is more suitable for high impedance Cans.
4. It still can output from Cathode just like Jade.

I'm choiceing output tubes for these new series of HP amps now. I'm consider
6BQ5 , 6V6 , 2A3, EL34. (Why EL34 still be consider due to it has low plate resistance when connect in triode mode, It around 1K Ohm only.). First model will be 2A3. May be design it in Module, Users can change tube module to use difference tubes.

That would certainly be interesting! I have interest in 2A3, 6V6 and 300B tubes being used for headphone amp. The 6L6 is also another tube. Joe do keep us informed. BTW the Jade is begining to open up very nicely and I am enjoying it very much.

biggrin.gif

May 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #39 of 146
Quote:

Yes, it really is quite silly that the amp can't be found over here even since it is made in China?

frown.gif

May be I can help you to buy & send it to you. No Service charge.

May 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #40 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hz_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May be I can help you to buy & send it to you. No Service charge.

^^^ Hi Joe, wow you can find this amp? let me know what the cost would be, send me a PM. Maybe easiest thing is to send to C.K. and I can arrange to meet him again for pick up. Anyways, thanks for help, let me know what the cost is by PM first.

icon10.gif

May 14, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #41 of 146
Quote:

That would certainly be interesting! I have interest in 2A3, 6V6 and 300B tubes being used for headphone amp. The 6L6 is also another tube. Joe do keep us informed. BTW the Jade is begining to open up very nicely and I am enjoying it very much.

biggrin.gif

May be you also interesting on :

¹¦·Å¡¢¾ùºâÆ÷-Ö麣ÊÐä¿°ÄÃÀÐǵç×Ó³§

May 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #43 of 146
Well I finally got my 6V6 headphone amp., but it was not the MP since the postage did not make it worthwhile. I got an Audio Space Acoustic Laboratory AS-2.8i Intergrated Headphone Amp. with 4 x 6V6, 2 x 12AU7 and 1 x 12AX7.

I am rolling it with 2 x Tungsram NOS 12AU7 and 1 x TFK 12AX7 Smooth Plate. No decision on rolling of the 4 - 6V6 tubes yet and using the stock Sino black glass tubes. Any suggestions on 6V6 tubes for rolling?
tongue_smile.gif

The resolution and timbre are great and so far the amp sounds very promissing. It also has a toggle switch for a min. NF and max. NF and it sounds much better with min. NF. The amp runs 10W x 2 Class AB1 P-P(Ultralinear).

Cost was US$410.00.

Here is a pic:-

AS_2_8I.jpg

darthsmile.gif

May 30, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #44 of 146
Wow! Looks really nice! I wonder if that is imported into the US?
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #45 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Looks really nice! I wonder if that is imported into the US?
biggrin.gif

^^^Skylab: here is the website, they may have an importer: http://www.audiospace-hifi.com/detai...=3620&private=

I have taken some more photos which can be seen on my blog, link in my signature.

tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back