REVIEW: Meier Audio Concerto headphone amp
Aug 9, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #376 of 835
I never had them at the same time, but yes, i would say they are in the same league.

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #377 of 835
Thanks... I really think I'm gonna get one!

One last question before I make my decision (hope I don't bother you, and all my apologies if you already answered this in another thread):

Which one do you prefer, Amphora or Concerto? They seem to share a similar "straight wire with gain" sound signature (or would I better say non-signature) - based on what you wrote, of course. Is the Amphora worth the extra dollars or it is just a matter of wood enclosure?

Aug 11, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #378 of 835

Quote:
Which one do you prefer, Amphora or Concerto? They seem to share a similar "straight wire with gain" sound signature (or would I better say non-signature) - based on what you wrote, of course. Is the Amphora worth the extra dollars or it is just a matter of wood enclosure?

Interresting question! I am hoping someone can give more impressions on the Amphora and Concerto compared to eachother.

Aug 11, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #379 of 835
Bad news with the DHL shipping, local postal service telling me it is held up in Germany customs and is to be shipped by Sea Mail...WHAT  
angry_face.gif
  If it is true what a complete boondoggle. Been already like 12 business days. Lets hope someone is telling porky's and it turns up tomorrow.

Aug 11, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #382 of 835
Well I sold my pair of ED8's a while ago but from memory the synergy was quite good. The deep and punchy bass was impressive and the soundstage and imaging was nice as well.

Quote:
let us know your edition/concerto synergy?    thanks

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #383 of 835

Bad news with the DHL shipping, local postal service telling me it is held up in Germany customs and is to be shipped by Sea Mail...WHAT  
angry_face.gif
  If it is true what a complete boondoggle. Been already like 12 business days. Lets hope someone is telling porky's and it turns up tomorrow.

<

I hope so , coming buy sea would be a long wait, bit of bad luck there mate if it's true.

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #384 of 835
Anyone have an idea of the average wait time from date of order of the Concerto to receiving it?  

Aug 12, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #386 of 835

Quote:
Anyone have an idea of the average wait time from date of order of the Concerto to receiving it?  

I e-mailed Jan a week or so ago with general questions RE the Concerto and Stagedac and he advised both were in stock. Jan was a friendly and helpful chap to converse with so I recommend sending him a quick e-mail if you're interested.

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #388 of 835

Quote:

10 days from confirmation of payment received by Jan to my doorstep in Malaysia.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #389 of 835
has anyone got a chance to compare the Concerto to a Violectric v100/v200 ?
(using d5000 and w1000x here)

(I've posted the same question in the v200 thread. I hope it's ok...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back