[REVIEW] MEElectronics CX21, CW31, CC51 and A151
Aug 17, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #16 of 33

Quote:
I'm a few months late here, but I want to extend my thanks to ClieOS for his outstanding reviews. Based on them I just picked up the MEElectronics A151 to replace my recently broken Sennheiser P200. I also have my eye on the j-phonic K2 SP, which seems to be marketed as a "custom universal." I have stayed away from IEMs until now mainly because I was adversed to subjecting my ears to torture. I though my only hope for IEM comfort was the high priced custom monitors. However, the new wave of comfortable universals has given me more confidence to be more explorative.

One question to anyone who can help: are the comply tips really much more comfortable and isolating than the standard silicon ear tips?

You're welcome.

Comply comfort - big yes;
isolation - yes, but also depends on different model.

A151 comes with quite a decent select of eartips and they all isolate very well. You should try them out first and see how they go. Since isolation is already good on stock eartips, Comply might not able to improve the isolation by a lot.

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #17 of 33

Quote:
You're welcome.

A151 comes with quite a decent select of eartips and they all isolate very well. You should try them out first and see how they go. Since isolation is already good on stock eartips, Comply might not able to improve the isolation by a lot.

Does the A151 sound different with Comply tips?

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
Does the A151 sound different with Comply tips?

With all Comply tips, they tends to absorb some treble detail and add warmth to the sound. If you want minimum coloration with Comply, my suggestion is to get the new Ts series, which is the most neutral of all Comply.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #19 of 33

Quote:
With all Comply tips, they tends to absorb some treble detail and add warmth to the sound. If you want minimum coloration with Comply, my suggestion is to get the new Ts series, which is the most neutral of all Comply.

Awesome, thanks to your review, I've already placed an order for the A151. Should be here next week, can't wait. Thank you!

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #20 of 33

Quote:
You're welcome.

Thanks! I opted for the Tx-100's Series Foam Tips to take advantage of the wax-guard feature.  Another poster recommended periodically cleaning the Foam Tips with hydrogen peroxide. The stock tips are not too uncomfortable; however, the Tx-100's should help to add a tad more bass. 

Aug 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #21 of 33

Quote:

Thanks! I opted for the Tx-100's Series Foam Tips to take advantage of the wax-guard feature.  Another poster recommended periodically cleaning the Foam Tips with hydrogen peroxide. The stock tips are not too uncomfortable; however, the Tx-100's should help to add a tad more bass. 

Quoting myself, the Tx-100's are definitely much more comfortable than the stock A151 nylon tips. They also expand to fill my ear better and, therefore, tends to stay put much better. They also add more bass presence at the cost of some coloration. I can live with the coloration though since I regard these as my cheap do everything IEMs. I can always return to the stock tips for better clarity.

I was more than a little pleasantly surprised at the sheer native clarity of the A151's and love the portability. These are my very first IEMs and replace my old and broken Senn P200s. As long as I can use comfortable tips like Comply, I am definitely open to the IEM experience.

Ultimately, I am seriously considering the j-phonic K2 SP as my mid-level/high end IEM, and, if they are, indeed, voiced for the Comply tips as ClieOS indicated, I'm already set. I know the JHA-13/16 are considered the ultimate high end for IEMs, but I love the idea of the K2 SP's serving as "custom universals" without the obligatory custom expense. 
cool.gif

Aug 20, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #22 of 33

Quote:
Ultimately, I am seriously considering the j-phonic K2 SP as my mid-level/high end IEM, and, if they are, indeed, voiced for the Comply tips as ClieOS indicated, I'm already set. I know the JHA-13/16 are considered the ultimate high end for IEMs, but I love the idea of the K2 SP's serving as "custom universals" without the obligatory custom expense. 
cool.gif

Sound like a god plan
etysmile.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #24 of 33

Quote:
Which one is more suitable for Rock/Metal genre CX21,CW31, CC51 and A151. It should reproduce the distortion guitar sound without harsh/recessed.

For Rock / Metal, I'll go for CC51 myself.

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #25 of 33

Quote:
Which one is more suitable for Rock/Metal genre CX21,CW31, CC51 and A151. It should reproduce the distortion guitar sound without harsh/recessed.

Late to the game but excellent ClieOS...Great job....

Now if you add edm & hip-hop to the metal/rock genre, which would you choose?  FWIR, the A151's are bass light maybe...?

Thanks

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #28 of 33
Ask them to ship by USPS and maybe they can cut the shipping fee by half.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #30 of 33
anyone tried shure olives on A151? Does it change the soundsig? Better isolation and comfort? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back