Review & Loan Program: New Graham Slee Beta Novo Headphone Amp (discreet)
Jan 3, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #61 of 73
Thanks for asking, yes I received it yesterday. Sadly not many people posted their reviews, some due to technical difficulties, others due to illness, and some for one or another reason.

After doing it I am amazed that some like ASR did so many. I say so because it is hard work and there is a level of disillusionment w/ the lack of response by some members.

But I am silly enough and although I will not do another one like this I will loan to a select and small group of people that I know.

Let me know when to send you the SR71 or the MiniBox-E+.

Jan 3, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #62 of 73
That is good news, Miguel. I will take you up on the SR71 as soon as I am done with the D3, D2, and NuForce amps
wink.gif

You are a good man for having done this! Sorry more people didn't follow through with the reviews. I enjoyed my time with it
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #65 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So anyone here compare the novo and the ef1 directly with the hd600s

Contact vorlon1, I believe he did. If I know his tastes in music reproduction I would venture to say he really liked the EF1 with the HD600. But I could be wrong.
smile.gif

May 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #67 of 73
Andrew, on the back of the Novo there is a ground post. You connect one end of a wire (I believe in overkill and use an stranded 18 gage wire) to it. I then hook the other end to the grounding post on the back of my Monster HTS 3500MkII.

I am not a technical person so you may have to visit Graham's site and ask there. I can tell you that Graham has been working for at least 3 years to solve any issues w/ switching PSU's and IMO the sound demonstrates he has been successful.
wink.gif

May 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #68 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Andrew, on the back of the Novo there is a ground post. You connect one end of a wire (I believe in overkill and use an stranded 18 gage wire) to it. I then hook the other end to the grounding post on the back of my Monster HTS 3500MkII.

I am not a technical person so you may have to visit Graham's site and ask there. I can tell you that Graham has been working for at least 3 years to solve any issues w/ switching PSU's and IMO the sound demonstrates he has been successful.
wink.gif

So the power supply that ships with the "Beta Novo" is Mr Slee's own design? Am I correct in thinking that the amp runs off a 24 volt supply? If so I have a spare "Firestone Supplier" that might work.

May 17, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #70 of 73
Thank you Miguel, you have been very helpfull. I have a short list of amps I would like but can only afford one. I think I will be getting the "Beta Novo" but am I right in thinking that I don't need to use a "grounding wire" if I use a "Firestone Supplier" as an alternative power supply?

May 17, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #71 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew3199 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you Miguel, you have been very helpfull. I have a short list of amps I would like but can only afford one. I think I will be getting the "Beta Novo" but am I right in thinking that I don't need to use a "grounding wire" if I use a "Firestone Supplier" as an alternative power supply?

I did not need the ground with my 24v Sigma 11 PSU or my Travagans Black power conditioner (which I think is a capacitor bank).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back