Review: Koss UR 55
Apr 14, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:
^ You're really making me want to get another pair. At one point I had two pairs and was A/Bing them with mods. I also liked how they sounded when removing the grill fabric. It's a bit tricky without knowing how to get the pads off. They just peel off sort of.
$25 for these on Amazon is a good deal. I remember paying $50 for mine when they first came out as a Best Buy exclusive.

When modded they work very well for a cheap gaming headphone too.

The only negative is that they're not crystal clear, but for $30, who cares? The mod helps somewhat with that.

Have you tried the UR-22v yet? You should..works with M50, V6 and Pearstone velour pads. Only $18 too. They're at nearly every Wal-Mart. Too bad there is a ton of clamp.

You've got dozens of headphones, dozens of sources, each pair modded dozens of ways. And yet you want to get the same pair of headphones? Again? This is insanity. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

You've got dozens of headphones, dozens of sources, each pair modded dozens of ways. And yet you want to get the same pair of headphones? Again? This is insanity. 

Would you stop trolling me already and go away? Unless you can talk like a normal person.
They cost $25 and I don't have a small portable headphone.

Not sure where you got the idea that I have dozens of headphones.

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #48 of 51
One thing that helps in my case is my computers sound card is modified in such a manner that in & of itself it is exceptionally clear & dynamic with almost anything you hook to it. It is both smooth , sweet sounding & yet revealing of the raw power of instruments when called on to do so. Even though these headphones sound good with my Galaxy 2 phone they really perk up with my modified computer soundcard. More open & dynamic.

My computer presents a huge soundstage with my modded M-Audio BX5 speakers & these headphones when modded do much better than any of my previous headphones with possibly the exception of the Etymotic research ER4P which I still own but needs new ear wax filters. soundstage is nicer on the Koss's but the ER4p is definitely more accurate but. The Koss's aren't far behind in that department either, just a little too much bass emphasis compared the accurate reproduction of the ER4P. They are a little behind my speakers when it comes to soundstage & raw energy extraction but my modded BX5's are truly exceptional in that department, of coarse it took a lot of work to arrive at that sound with these speakers

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #49 of 51
I just compared these Modded Koss UR55's directly to the ER4p from Etymotic Research, Bass is a dead on match at least with Bob Marley's Exodus album. ER4p's definitely brighter at the top end & more detailed than the UR55's but the UR55's have nicer midrange with better soundstage than ER4p's More body to the upper midrange. I would say the bass is accurate on the UR55's Midrange are only slightly on the warm side. Highs very present & accounted for yet never over the top when the UR55's are modified. Highs are sweet & detailed but not hyper detailed like ER4p's

May 7, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #50 of 51
Still enjoying the sound of these under rated earphones greatly. Just wish I had more time to listen to music but sadly I have to work to make a living & my hours there are long indeed. 12-14 hours a day does not leave much time for anything else.

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #51 of 51
i've been experimenting with more mods on these, should i be posting in this thread? not sure if the thread in the portable section is more appropriate 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back