REVIEW: JMoney Audio Genuine Leather earpads for Beyer DT770/880/990
Jan 28, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #256 of 322
It's principally a closed DT770'2003 housing that got opened, and those new open areas got damped with felt and sealed with tape again afterwards.

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #257 of 322
I got my new V2 Beyer pads yesterday and have been doing a lot of listening with them. I tried them on all three of my beyers and found they sound best on the T1 and DT880. The bass has more body and the mids also seem much fuller (which I like) and the highs are slightly smoother. The soundstage is just a tiny bit smaller but I can live with that. Overall I like them a lot on my DT880.

The DT990 sounds great with them but has the 'echo" type coloration that I do not like, most likely because it's fully open. The DT880 is less open than the DT990, but is not semi-open like they say. I think since it's a bit more closed that that helps. I noticed on the DT990 that when I put my hands over the grills that the echo goes away. The DT880 and T1 do not have the "echo" issue at all. I think I'll mod the inside of the DT990 housings so I do not have that issue. 

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #258 of 322
Cool, didn't know they also fit on the T1.
When I cover the sides of the DT990 cups with my hand, it completely messes up the sound. It sounds tinny and its awesome bass disappears entirely. Can't say I've noticed this echo coloration you've mentioned, but I do agree that the soundstage is a tiny little bit narrower.

Overall I'm very happy I invested in these J$v2 pads. A few days ago when I was bored I put back the stock velour pads just for the heck of it, and absolutely missed the tighter, fuller and deeper (sub-)bass that I had gotten used to getting from the J$v2's.

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #259 of 322
I found my DT880s unlistenable with the v1 Jmoney pads. They were, to me, the complete opposite of what Skylab wrote, but to be frankly, that was not the first time that happened. 
redface.gif
 Good to hear you are enjoying the new v2s, though. They absolutely look gorgeous, just like the v1. It was just unfortunate that I could not appreciate the sound with DT880s.

Jan 30, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #260 of 322
I have heard the V1 pads before and they sound different than the V2's.  The V1 pads to me sounded a tad muffled tad a little bit bloated (not bad though, but a noticeable).

On the T1's these V2 pads give them much more bass and it's still just as tight and defined, just far more "oomph" to it. The soundstage still is a little smaller, but not so bad.

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #261 of 322
 Hell, I think I'm one of the first customers of this V2 pad, and it still haven't reached my home.
 The good (and bad!) news is that one of the items I'm waiting to receive reached my home whis week... after almost 60 days!
mad.gif

Whenever I try some component on my system that have more bass, I feel the soundstage gets smaller, I think it may be somewhat related.

Jan 30, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #262 of 322
You know they the only thing that made me slightly mad is that on his website the pads are $54 and when I asked him to match the price he had listed he said he could not since people have already ordered them. He said he was waiting for his web designer to change that stuff... IMO he should still sell them for the price listed as most stores will give you the price that is on the shelf f it rings up more than that. That's my opinion on the matter. I don't know not giving you the price that is listed seems well....

Other than the price issue I am happy with the pads. All I am waiting for is for him to send me an e-mail on the Grado cups I ordered like 5 months ago. Man I sent like three total orders in for those and got no response at all...

Jan 31, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #264 of 322
They are $64 now. Do I regret the purchase though, well I can tell you I do not regret it at all. The pads rock.

And I figured ut that issue with ym DT990's which is that one pads was on kinda halfway :frowning2:. Everybody makes mistakes. I will say that this pads makes the mids far more present as well as the bass. Well worth it for filling in the mids. 

The DT880 sounds better with these pads though. As does the T1, but I don't think I'll use it on the T1 as I want the T1 to remain as neutral as possible. I will only use these on the DT880 and DT990.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #265 of 322

You know they the only thing that made me slightly mad is that on his website the pads are $54 and when I asked him to match the price he had listed he said he could not since people have already ordered them. He said he was waiting for his web designer to change that stuff... IMO he should still sell them for the price listed as most stores will give you the price that is on the shelf f it rings up more than that. That's my opinion on the matter. I don't know not giving you the price that is listed seems well....

Other than the price issue I am happy with the pads. All I am waiting for is for him to send me an e-mail on the Grado cups I ordered like 5 months ago. Man I sent like three total orders in for those and got no response at all...

In most U.S. States, it is illegal to charge a buyer a price higher than what is listed. I guess it's just another example of JMoney's amateur business practices. Nobody would put up with J$'s B$ except that he's selling something that can't be gotten elsewhere.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #266 of 322
Yeah but it just so happens that that something is a really special product that makes beyer headphones sound even more awesome
beyersmile.png

I get your point though, I'm also wondering why he doesn't update the website.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #267 of 322
okay... so, boomy, muddy sound... for a price that is NOT the advertised price... you go guys!

Quote:

In most U.S. States, it is illegal to charge a buyer a price higher than what is listed. I guess it's just another example of JMoney's amateur business practices. Nobody would put up with J$'s B$ except that he's selling something that can't be gotten elsewhere.

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #268 of 322

Quote:
Yeah but it just so happens that that something is a really special product that makes beyer headphones sound even more awesome
beyersmile.png

I get your point though, I'm also wondering why he doesn't update the website.

That's true, he makes a Niche product and supports it like your average 12 year old. 

If you have a problem with him, you have to come here for some embarrassment for him to do the right thing.  READ THE THREAD. 

If he didn't make a Niche product that has some demand, somebody would have already kicked his azz.

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #269 of 322

Users who are viewing this thread

Back