Review: Jkeny’s modified Hiface
Aug 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #181 of 431
I see..... 
triportsad.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #182 of 431
not if you use a balance charger to begin with

Jun 13, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #183 of 431

Quote:

I stand by my comments, but just keep in mind we're talking subtleties here. I'll repeat that the modded HiFace isn't really weak in any area, but I'm *trying* to find faults with it so it can be potentially improved in the future. Attack, transient response, top-end air, and micro-dynamics are all good but fall a bit short of the best I've heard. It's still the best in many other areas which I've outlined above and is my converter of choice.

Edit: Upon further listening, I have to say I'm being picky about transient response. It is quite good and only slightly behind USB. The macro-dynamics are also very good, but micro-dynamics are not as good as the USB input of the y2. The rest I've said above still applies.

Shahrose

As i can see you bought the fresh mk3 version of hiface from John.
Could you say some words about it?

Sound, impressions,... diffrences beetwen mk2 and mk3..

The photos are desirable as well.

Jun 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #185 of 431

Quote:

Shahrose

As i can see you bought the fresh mk3 version of hiface from John.
Could you say some words about it?

Sound, impressions,... diffrences beetwen mk2 and mk3..

The photos are desirable as well.

Hi seenc. John emailed me last week as soon as he released the MK3. I ordered on the spot...waiting for it to arrive. I've owned the MK1 and 2, so I'll give a brief comparison when I get the MK3.

Jun 14, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #187 of 431
Happy Camper,

I have found 2 feedbacks on john's site only.
theoretically the converter realization of DAC should be better than mk3 due to lack of direct and reverse spdif conversion( I2S ).

DaveBSC
+1

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #189 of 431

Quote:
Any news?

Unfortunately, John is having issues with his new build and so shipping has been delayed. I'll update the thread when I receive the MK3, but it looks like that won't be less than 2 weeks atleast.

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #190 of 431
Received the MK3 today. Will need a few days to burn-in and evaluate. Initial impressions are positive (compared to the MK1 and MK2).

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #192 of 431

Quote:
Great!

Could you share the real photos? 

I'm heading out for a trip to the States for the weekend, so I won't be able to write or post anything until then. But, I can say after listening to the MK3 for a few hours, my impressions are very positive. It's better than the MK1 and MK2 hands down. When it comes to audio, I have a terrible gift of detecting flaws quickly, but I'm hard-pressed to find any in the MK3. I'll need more time with it to really discern any problems etc. Build quality is also solid and more professional-looking than earlier iterations. Will post pics when I return.

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #193 of 431
After much hand wringing I've taken the plunge and gone for the MK3.  I have been investigating USB->SPDIF converters for a couple of months now to improve the performance of my Beresford DAC.  I was originally looking at the MF V-link, then I looked at the Audio-GD unit.  Through all my investigations the jkeny units (MK1 and MK2) always had glowing reviews so I thought - why not!  I've not seen any reviews of the MK3 yet so I am taking a bit of a risk.

If anyone has seen any reviews then please let me know.

I'll post photos as soon as I get it.  I'm not sure the lead time on the units but I hope it's not too long!

Jul 15, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #194 of 431
The MK3 is the best transport I've ever heard. You won't be disappointed.

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #195 of 431
JKenny do you know if m2tech is planning Integer Mode Capable Drivers for OSX ???

I already have your excellent MK2, integer mode will make me switch to mk3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back