REVIEW : Jaben's GoVibe Porta Tube Amp - Review Thread (ex demo)
Dec 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #46 of 62
Hi guys..
I know this is long time ago thread. But i am curious about this product as well. Recently i tried to get continental v2 but the store they don't have it anymore and they wait for continental v3. Do you think is worth wait for conti v3 or i just grab this black beauty...thanks guys.

Picking up from a long time ago. 

What did you finally do my friend? Did you go for the portatube?

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #48 of 62
  Hi.

Where you get it for 60$ ?

Not sure who you're asking - but simple answer is that you won't get it for $60.  Cheapest I've seen it is 2nd hand (used) at around USD300.00 (and I'm still kicking myself for not buying at that level when I saw it!).  New it retails for USD 600-700.

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #49 of 62

Not sure who you're asking - but simple answer is that you won't get it for $60.  Cheapest I've seen it is 2nd hand (used) at around USD300.00 (and I'm still kicking myself for not buying at that level when I saw it!).  New it retails for USD 600-700.

"I'm not much of an IEM person (I prefer larger headphones), but this is a solid set. As previously mentioned, the bass is great, but the mid-range is also pretty solid. The highs and soundstage are decent.  I just prefer larger headphones, but at around $60, they're a great set for the price if you're in the market for IEMs. Certainly better than skullcandy and stock Apple earbuds."

I think you just make a typo :D 

Aug 28, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #50 of 62
  "I'm not much of an IEM person (I prefer larger headphones), but this is a solid set. As previously mentioned, the bass is great, but the mid-range is also pretty solid. The highs and soundstage are decent.  I just prefer larger headphones, but at around $60, they're a great set for the price if you're in the market for IEMs. Certainly better than skullcandy and stock Apple earbuds."

I think you just make a typo :D 

I think the error is yours my friend.  The thread you are posting in is:

REVIEW : Jaben's GoVibe Porta Tube Amp - Review Thread (ex demo)

It has nothing to do with $60 headphones 
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #57 of 62
I am a new newcomer of head-fi. And I am an audiophile from China. I may be not quite good at English.

Recently I have purchased HD650, and I am using HiFiman HM603 as the source. But the sound was not powerful enough to open the range of the sound field of HD650.

I am thinking about purchasing a GoVibe Porta Tube because I love the warm sound with slow bass.

However, I have discovered it uses ECC82 vacuum tube as input and operational amplifier as output, and I wish to change the op-amp in order to get a better performance.

So does anybody know what model of op-amp does GoVibe use?

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #60 of 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back