REVIEW : Jaben's GoVibe Porta Tube Amp - Review Thread (ex demo)
May 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #31 of 62
It is a great amplifier. I would love to compare it to some of the other I have. But that would require a loaner for at least a few weeks. I think listening to it for a few minutes in a showroom is not enough.

May 23, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #33 of 62
Quote:
Too bad I ain't in Denmark no more as it would have been my pleasure to introduce it to you. I'll be bedding down with it for a few weeks come a few days. Before that, I have in some ways, a more interesting amp to introduce to Headfi.

I had a chance to listen to it two times at jaben in Hong Kong. And I was very impressed! With HD650 it sounds very powerful. 

But I have some portable amplifiers I am very happy with and it would require more time with all my headphones (I only brought my DT-1350 with me to HK). Also it would be great to compare it with L3 and the Just Audio AHA-120. They might all be able to work as a "part-time" desktop amplifier. 

Have you been to Denmark? 

May 23, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #34 of 62
I have been to denmark, but not with the GoVibe. I was born in Sweden and was there this last September-December. Been to Børnholm, too, which was wonderful. Wonderful land you have down there. I'll be doing a full review of the GoVibe Tube or Tube plus, not sure which one yet. I'm not one for USB DACs as I never use them, but I may review that model instead just to cover all bases.

May 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #35 of 62
I like Sweden better - they have more wild life and beautiful nature!

Looking forward to the review. Hoping for a comparison with the L3 maybe? :)

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #37 of 62
Hi guys, I'm very new to this scene. Got myself a ath-a1000x and a porta tube+ amp, cheap bundle from Jaben. Really enjoying the sound even though I have no background knowledge on any audio stuffs.

It's my 2nd day using the amp, gave it a good 5 hour 1st charge and it worked pretty well. However, the amp power LED started to flicker slowly after 2 hours and my sound went on and off. Guessed that it was low on power but most of the reviews said that it can last for 7-10hours so I'm a little worried. 

I'm having it on the 2nd charge cycle now and it seems to take very long to get fully charged and does not justify the amount of time I could use it before it runs out of juice. Can anyone share with me how long you usually charge it, how long it lasts for you each time you charge it fully and if there is any indication of its battery being fully charged? 

It's my first time such expensive (for me) audio equipments and I hope they can last me as long as possible. Thanks in advance for your response!

*Been charging it for 4 hours now but the red LED is still on :l 

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #38 of 62
Hi guys..
I know this is long time ago thread. But i am curious about this product as well. Recently i tried to get continental v2 but the store they don't have it anymore and they wait for continental v3. Do you think is worth wait for conti v3 or i just grab this black beauty...thanks guys.

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #41 of 62
The P-T is a great piece of kit isn't it?  Always regretted selling mine.  Was a fantastic match with Beyer DT880s.

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #44 of 62
I feel you ... sold mine and kinda regret to a certain extent ....  as of now i'm just looking for a good tube amp (desktop/portable) ... i'm really hard to please ... tried the continental v3 must say it has better clarity but it just isn't giving me the lush warm feel that came with the portatube .... the worst part is that after being expose to higher clarity i feel that the portatube is just incomplete .... even contemplated on getting either the wa7 fireflies and pan am .... argh it is never perfect ... haha If only money were no object I would buy every audio equipment to test till my hearts content.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #45 of 62
My main rig is Ak120 > PortaTube > Fitear TG334.
The PT really has great synergy with this setup.

Alternately at home or during overseas trip it feeds into my Fostex TH900 and does a fantastic job.

My secondary rig where the amp changes to the ALO RxMK3b+ is also good but for many reasons I still keep this as a backup amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back