[REVIEW] j-phonic K2 SP - Custom In Disguise
Jan 1, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #46 of 56
It is probably possible to buy it from e-earphone japan or directly from j-phonic japan using a forwarding service like Tenso (which gives you an physical address in Japan to deliver to).

Also, j-phonic has a higher end model now, called 'M2', costing around US$630 and based on Prophonic 2MAX
that's awesome thank you.. So how would I find this.. Tenso? Do I just google it? Is it like very safe using this? Kinda a lot of money to loose if you know what I mean lol plus what I've read they would be actually what I'm looking for in a upgrade.. Thank you.. Sorry for the late reply :)

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #47 of 56
that's awesome thank you.. So how would I find this.. Tenso? Do I just google it? Is it like very safe using this? Kinda a lot of money to loose if you know what I mean lol plus what I've read they would be actually what I'm looking for in a upgrade.. Thank you.. Sorry for the late reply :)

Tenso.com.

You pay Tenso via Paypal so you are getting the Paypal full protection. You still need to pay e-earphone via credit card though, but they are one of the biggest headphone vendor in Japan, so you should be fine as well. Ordering from j-phonic is of course fine. If you can't figure out how to order from the Japanese site, Tenso also provides ordering service with an extra fee of course. Many head-fiers (including me) have used Tenso to order headphone from Japan, and their service is well recommended.

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #48 of 56
Tenso.com.

You pay Tenso via Paypal so you are getting the Paypal full protection. You still need to pay e-earphone via credit card though, but they are one of the biggest headphone vendor in Japan, so you should be fine as well. Ordering from j-phonic is of course fine. If you can't figure out how to order from the Japanese site, Tenso also provides ordering service with an extra fee of course. Many head-fiers (including me) have used Tenso to order headphone from Japan, and their service is well recommended.
great thank you very much.. I think I'll put on this site in headphones for sale thread.. Wanted!!! And see if anyone has a pair they want to sell first.. So you have these.? Are they very detailed like they say? I want something that's very detailed and as close to neutral as I can get without going to customs.. And I've had the er4s and still have the er4p.. Just don't like the fitting sometimes it's really annoying Ya know..

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #49 of 56
great thank you very much.. I think I'll put on this site in headphones for sale thread.. Wanted!!! And see if anyone has a pair they want to sell first.. So you have these.? Are they very detailed like they say? I want something that's very detailed and as close to neutral as I can get without going to customs.. And I've had the er4s and still have the er4p.. Just don't like the fitting sometimes it's really annoying Ya know..

Never tried the M2, but my review of the K2 SP is on the first page :)

I won't say K2 SP is as ultra detail as the ER4, but I never find it lacking either.

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #50 of 56
Never tried the M2, but my review of the K2 SP is on the first page :)

I won't say K2 SP is as ultra detail as the ER4, but I never find it lacking either.
awesome thanks.. If I wanted to go the custom way.. What do you think would be the most neutral detailed custom? Maybe the I think they are the.. Lear 5.? Just curious on your opinion?

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #51 of 56
awesome thanks.. If I wanted to go the custom way.. What do you think would be the most neutral detailed custom? Maybe the I think they are the.. Lear 5.? Just curious on your opinion?

LCM-5 with the studio monitor adapter does sound really detail, but you might need an amp because of the 180ohm impedance. It is still quite detail without the studio monitor, but the emphasis will be more on warmth and texture. JH Audio JH13Pro is also an excellent choice.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #52 of 56
LCM-5 with the studio monitor adapter does sound really detail, but you might need an amp because of the 180ohm impedance. It is still quite detail without the studio monitor, but the emphasis will be more on warmth and texture. JH Audio JH13Pro is also an excellent choice.
Awesome thank you

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #53 of 56

O2 definitely gives K2 better layering as separation on O2 is really good. Personally I find O2 a bit too clean for K2 SP. I prefer the balanced ground sound of T5 and StepDance with K2 SP as it offers better body without being colored.

Hi Tai, I just got my K2 SP last month. Anyway I still searching nice source to pair with it. I try following combination but still feel they are not a good combination ...

1. Direct connect with iPod Classic 5th - lack of detail.
2. Direct connect with iPod nano 7th - too bright
3. iPod + Hippo cri-cri - also too bright
4. iPod + JDS O2 - OK but still feel not the best pairing and it too big for portable. 

Anyway you recommend T5 and StepDance as K2 SP amp, but I think both of them already stopped production.  So is it any other amp recommend ? Thanks you. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #54 of 56
Anyway you recommend T5 and StepDance as K2 SP amp, but I think both of them already stopped production.  So is it any other amp recommend ? Thanks you. 

iBasso still has T5 in stock, as far as I know. the updated StepDance is now called QuickDance, and is available at Meier Audio.

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #55 of 56
Thank u very much Tai.  I try to search for them. :) 

Jul 13, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #56 of 56
I try to pair K2 SP with Furutech GT40 desktop dac/amp and it sound impressive. The sound is clean, detail and spacious. I feel comfortable with this combination. Anyway, I think GT40 a bit overpower for K2 and it will be too loud when turn volume above 9 o'clock. So I hope I can get a Quickstep in future for my K2 ... 
beyersmile.png
    (I read some review, looks like T5 got some QC issue. I think I will go for Quickstep as portable amp for K2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back