Review: InEar StageDiver Series
Mar 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #166 of 341
-something for small ears - new stage diver 1,2,3 -S :

http://www.inear-monitoring.eu/en/produkte/inear-universelles-monitoring/monitoring-stagediver.htm

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #167 of 341
I am seriously considering the SD-2 and I was wondering if I would like them if I was more of a detailed and clarity oriented listener.  Also if any one here of Asian ethnicity has tried the SD-2 (just to get a rough idea if the fit would be good or not).

Thanks. :)

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #168 of 341
I have tried the SD-2 and own the SD-3. I like it very much, a tad smaller but still gives a good fit if you have the correct tips. SQ wise is a refreshing break from SD-3's heavier bass. I would pick up a pair if I didnt have so many iems to rotate around.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #169 of 341
I have also considered going all the way and just get the SD-3's but I'm not sure if I would like a heavier bass, because I thought that the W3 and the UE900 had a bit to much bass for my liking.  Are you saying that the SD-2 are a tad smaller?

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #172 of 341
Apparantly the ortofon tips have an effect on the sound,  http://www.head-fi.org/t/657665/new-custom-to-universal-iems-inear-stagediver-2-3/690#post_10397418

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #174 of 341
Thanks a great deal for this very comprehensive review and comparison.
I live in the Netherlands so very interested in the sd3 because of price in europe and easy availability. I found it through ljokerls thread first and am happy that there is some more info about it on head-fi even though the brand does not seem to be too well known.
I was still looking for a comparison between the sd3 and the ie800 and am happy that you included it here. They are both on the top of my list. While I think i would really like the soundstage of the ie800 the recessed mids are a real bummer. The lower price of the sd3 and the fact that its cable is replacable (hopefully i can find one with ios remote and mic) makes it very appealing.
Is there any news about the possible sd4 model, might be worth waiting for if it will be released in a few months.
Thanks again, you did me a great service
Greetings, Anouk,

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #175 of 341
They have a new smaller model SD3S but I dont heard nothing about a SD4 for the moment, a future possible upgrade :)

You can order it from Thomann and send it back if you have fitting problem or dislike the sound signature, just have to send it back after an emails exchange and wait for your refund.

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #176 of 341
Gonna get my ortofon tips this Tuesday. Will post my comment regarding their effect on sound (which is already awesome btw)
Gonna get a Rumi recable http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/silverfi2/silverfi.html this month sometime later. Will post my comment regarding their effect on sound (which is already awesome btw)

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #177 of 341
Thanks for your time reviewing this IEM. Im searching for my first high end universal IEM around 500$.. I listen to a ton of bass centric EDM music.. Im an electronic ambient bass composer and I need an IEM for walking around town / sleep / travel.. My list so far is as follows:

EarSonics SM64                        ($450)        3 BA
InEar StageDiver 3s (SD-3s)    ($600)        3 BA
Dunu DN-2000                           ($315)        2 BA 1 Dynamic
(Sennheiser) iE80                      ($270)        1 Dynamic

You might have noticed the "s" attached to the SD-3... Im really considering getting the stagediver 3 because of its high bass response the only thing that holds me back is the price and its slightly negative comfort ratings.. however.. i heard rumors of a newly designed "small" SD-3 (more compact and therefore more comfortable as it rests in the concha of the outer ear). Only problem is.. Im having trouble tracking it down!! Its supposedly already been released... 

SUMMARY: Do you have any feedback on my list so far? anything standing out considering my background and desire for a bass centric high performance universal IEM around $500? Also have you heard or can you refer me to the newly revised InEar StageDiver 3 "s" (smaller version of the SD-3)?

Thanks for your time...

Best,

Zenstep

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #178 of 341
  Thanks for your time reviewing this IEM. Im searching for my first high end universal IEM around 500$.. I listen to a ton of bass centric EDM music.. Im an electronic ambient bass composer and I need an IEM for walking around town / sleep / travel.. My list so far is as follows:

Dunu DN-2000                           ($315)        2 BA 1 Dynamic
(Sennheiser) iE80                      ($270)        1 Dynamic

You might have noticed the "s" attached to the SD-3... Im really considering getting the stagediver 3 because of its high bass response the only thing that holds me back is the price and its slightly negative comfort ratings.. however.. i heard rumors of a newly designed "small" SD-3 (more compact and therefore more comfortable as it rests in the concha of the outer ear). Only problem is.. Im having trouble tracking it down!! Its supposedly already been released... 

SUMMARY: Do you have any feedback on my list so far? anything standing out considering my background and desire for a bass centric high performance universal IEM around $500? Also have you heard or can you refer me to the newly revised InEar StageDiver 3 "s" (smaller version of the SD-3)?

Thanks for your time...

Best,

Zenstep

I love EDM too..like 50% of my music is from the EDM genre and I can say the SD-3 is just bloody brilliant, worth every money spent on it. I also own the 1plus2 and imo I still rate SD-3 higher than the 1plus2 in EDM. The 1plus2 wins in everything else thou.

If your worried about fit, dont be scared. Im asian with normal to small asian ears and the fir and comfort is second to none in the universal world. See the attached pic of me using it...

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #179 of 341
@zenstep, I have the SD3 and IE80, for me you can remove the IE80 from the list, the SD3 is much better than the Sennheiser because the latter has a much better isolation and fit, IE80 is below average in this case. The ASG-2 can be also evaluated for your need, I was comparing both before, price and availability was better in EU for the SD3, that was one of the raisons of my choice for the SD3.

Jun 8, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #180 of 341
Ah you own the 1plus2 and you like the stagediver3 better?? ooo i might be swayed just by that into getting the SD-3... you totally rock for posting pics! wish there was some way to + rep people. Im new to head-fi but I've received so many positive responses from helpful people like you in just the past 2 days since I've signed up!

Okay so two more questions if you have the time..

Ive heard rumors of an SD-3"s" (a smaller version) but i cant seem to find it anywhere! Have you heard of this fabled "s" version?

My second question is (seeing as how you have some experience with hybrids), have you heard of the (Aurisonics) ASG-2 / 2.5?

Its nice knowing you actively listen to EDM through your IEMs.. Id like to know what your opinion is on the ASG-2.. havent heard much about it but seemed interesting to me considering it has a dynamic driver.. 

Unless I add something new to my considerations.. This is my current list from best choice to least favorite choice (assuming the ASG-2 has good rep in the EDM community):

(Aurisonics) ASG-2 / 2.5           ($550)        2 BA 1 Dynamic

Please correct me if im wrong in any way!:)

As always thanks for your time..

Best,

Zenstep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back