Review: InEar StageDiver Series
Jul 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #196 of 341
It will be my first iem :D
coming from a hifi enthusiast, i returned my NAD receiver cause it was a bit warm with my klipsch speakers.
oooo cant wait too hear hifi in the train or on my bike.
what you think about SE846 btw, i almost went for that one, price and comfort was the killer.

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #198 of 341
Holidays for a week, stay home in my small village :)

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #200 of 341
Lg mudik mas. Wah, kenal ga ya, di au-id. :D

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #201 of 341
Im listening while writing this..
First impressions:
1 beautifull piece of engeneering and very comfy
2 this is indeed warm, eq settings will make it less warm
3 sounds like a over the ear headphones, good staging
4 bass is good

It's my first iem but I had many budget ie before this, i give SD3 a 7,5. A 9 would be my klipsch heresy 3 speakers, my ears are allready ruined by spoiledom cause of them.

imo no matter where or how u listen hifi, when the sound is good it puts a smile on my face. A big smile is a 10:D

Gr,
Dro

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #203 of 341
@nazrin313 I think the same as you, I'm waiting for a new cable and already use the ortofon tips
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #204 of 341
I come to the conclusion that this sound color is not my taste, it is too warm. I like a more bright and agressive sound. SD3 lacks too much of the treble, about 4-5db. But the lows its handle very well though, good deep thight bass, really reminds me of some over the ear headphones, well done.

489,- i paid for this IEM and I really was expecting more (rating 8 at least), maybe it is beacuse i read too much head-fi/au-id reviews of SD3:wink:

Cable and tips might change the color of the sound a bit, but sorry aint gonna happen, it probably change
the sound by 20%, I need more than that maybe 50% (all cause less of treble).
so unfortunately im gonna return my SD3, and try another IEM, any suggestion guys???
has anyone tried the vmoda m100?... Really interested in this one:wink: might get this one if no other IEM can replace my SD3.

my goal is to find a IEM or headphone that has the same quality of my hifi system (klipsch heresy 3 + subwoofer). this is a big challenge, i know, but SD3 was a good start:wink:

cheers,
dro

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #206 of 341
I come to the conclusion that this sound color is not my taste, it is too warm. I like a more bright and agressive sound. SD3 lacks too much of the treble, about 4-5db. But the lows its handle very well though, good deep thight bass, really reminds me of some over the ear headphones, well done.

489,- i paid for this IEM and I really was expecting more (rating 8 at least), maybe it is beacuse i read too much head-fi/au-id reviews of SD3:wink:

Cable and tips might change the color of the sound a bit, but sorry aint gonna happen, it probably change
the sound by 20%, I need more than that maybe 50% (all cause less of treble).
so unfortunately im gonna return my SD3, and try another IEM, any suggestion guys???

has anyone tried the vmoda m100?... Really interested in this one:wink: might get this one if no other IEM can replace my SD3.

my goal is to find a IEM or headphone that has the same quality of my hifi system (klipsch heresy 3 + subwoofer). this is a big challenge, i know, but SD3 was a good start:wink:

cheers,
dro

Tralucent audio 1plus2 is the answer to your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back