Review: InEar StageDiver Series
Mar 6, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #226 of 341
Would like to hear the comparison with se846

The se846 is on another level playing ground than the SD2. Both have really different sound signatures. The se846 is fun, energetic and vibrant across the entire frequency range whereas the SD2 is tuned to be flatter and neutral but sports some warmth in the mid range.

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #229 of 341
I would also be interested to know which size correspond to which size of ears. Mine seems standard but I won't be able to try these before I order so I would be sure that the fit will be good.
Anyone had problem with SD-N and had to order SD-Ns instead ?

Thanks.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #230 of 341
The se846 is on another level playing ground than the SD2. Both have really different sound signatures. The se846 is fun, energetic and vibrant across the entire frequency range whereas the SD2 is tuned to be flatter and neutral but sports some warmth in the midI bel

I believe you have to take the SD 4 to compare with the SE846,IE800 and K3003, as the SD2 is a bit above entry level compared to the big 3 

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #231 of 341
I believe you have to take the SD 4 to compare with the SE846,IE800 and K3003, as the SD2 is a bit above entry level compared to the big 3 

I've heard the SD4 and to me it just sounded off. But that's me, probably an isolated case. To me the SD4 is really tuned down to a personal preference and taste. The SD2 packs a tough fight. Putting against other big players like Westone 4, Shure 535 I actually preferred the SD2.

I do agree with you that the SD2 is above entry level. Just like the Angie is above 846 and etc.

Jun 9, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #232 of 341
to my ears the sd2 is more of a u-shaped signature. slightly boosted treble and bass, without boosting upper bass and mids, which results in a more airy sounding. i agree, that soundstage depth and imaging is not on par with sd3 but still impressive. great review!

It seems the SD2 is more comparable to the Grado GR10,maybe with a bit more bass?

Jun 9, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #233 of 341
I've heard the SD4 and to me it just sounded off. But that's me, probably an isolated case. To me the SD4 is really tuned down to a personal preference and taste. The SD2 packs a tough fight. Putting against other big players like Westone 4, Shure 535 I actually preferred the SD2.

I do agree with you that the SD2 is above entry level. Just like the Angie is above 846 and etc.

I did mean the price,not the performance, I don´t necessarely believe a 1000 dollar in ear is better than a 400 dollar one. You mean that the SD2 is more neutral and therefore closer to your liking, but next week, I will know more, I will demo the 2, 3 and 4 SD models. I am not a basshead but I like progrock with a fairly dominating bass guitar, like Magma,Poil, Primus, Alco Frisbass,Bill Laswell,classic Yes with Chris Squire dominating role like on Fragile and Close to the Edge, so I want a punchy natural sounding bass but without disturbing mids and highs, important with music from Magma, where you have earthshaking Fender Jazz bass with aerie sounding female vocals.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #234 of 341
  Strength? In sound Signature?

- Pure Silver Litz Cable (stock on is Silver plated Copper and will turn green in a few months)
- Can be customised (Carbon splitter, Skull, etc)
- Neutralises the Big bass of the SD3 sound, and increase the details of the treble. SD-3 will no longer be warm..perfect combo

Than it is cheaper to buy the SD 2. 

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #235 of 341
  @zenstep, I have the SD3 and IE80, for me you can remove the IE80 from the list, the SD3 is much better than the Sennheiser because the latter has a much better isolation and fit, IE80 is below average in this case. The ASG-2 can be also evaluated for your need, I was comparing both before, price and availability was better in EU for the SD3, that was one of the raisons of my choice for the SD3.

Isolation and fit, but what about the sound compared to the IE80?

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #237 of 341
  Isolation and fit, but what about the sound compared to the IE80?

It is much more at the fit and noise attenuation they differ for me, in terms of sound I appreciate both, they have a close signature (quality bass and large soundstage), the difference comes also from his BA or Dynamics drivers. I'm not enough qualified to explain the differences in detail with my poor ears and audio knowledges 
redface.gif

Jul 6, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #238 of 341
It is much more at the fit and noise attenuation they differ for me, in terms of sound I appreciate both, they have a close signature (quality bass and large soundstage), the difference comes also from his BA or Dynamics drivers. I'm not enough qualified to explain the differences in detail with my poor ears and audio knowledges :xf_eek:
Don't bother, only what you hear is important, you don't need any specific knowledge for that, you either like the sound or you don't , I did ask because the SD 3 I did not demo, the 2 sounds great but is a bit to flat for my taste and the 4 is exellent but out of my price range.

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #240 of 341
Hi guys. I have InEar SD-3 at the moment and was wondering if JH Angie will be a noticeable upgrade.
As another option I was thinking of buying silver balanced cable to make it sound less warm (and maybe add a bit of highs) on my AK100II.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back