[Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience
Jul 4, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #211 of 786
Gintaras, I cannot say anything about 1plus2 yet as I have not heard them. Thanks for raising my interest, though. I will definitely check them out soon.
However...

Quote:
Ultrazino, 1plus2 is another league and is very special IEM, trust me.

while quality make (shells, feel, shiny look) might be better on SD3 the sound quality on 1plus2 is something what makes people pay over 1K $$$.

1. How can I trust you when you haven't even heard the SD-3? Seriously.

2. You are assuming the SD3 sounds worse because 1plus2 costs more. Congratulations!
The whole design of the StageDiver series is to get superior sound quality (that usually costs you 1K $$$ as a CIEM) for a lot less. To put them in the same category as most 500 $ IEMs is just wrong, because that is definitely not where they belong from my experience.

Quote:

Eke, i had a chance to listen to a few pretty good IEMs like AKG3003, higher line from FAD (thanks to James444) and also have TF10, H200, RDB+v1 and heard a few more including Senns famous IE800. excuse me pal but 1plus2 comes on top of all of them for me personally. there is simply no race. the only two that could seriously challenge 1plus2 were AKG3003 and IE800.

I have written a detailed comparison between IE800 and SD3. I wanted to become a fan of the IE800 but next to SD3 it was not possible, even though I am not a fan of the warmth. SD3 is technically superior by the most objective perspective I can take on. Maybe you should give them a try first before writing other IEMs "play in another league".

If Mimouille says so, I will not argue. I trust him.
But I am not okay with you jumping to that conclusion without any fundament or argumentation other than price difference. It's not helping anybody.

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #213 of 786
what i wonder is why some people would pile up big collection of various IEMs? for me max number would be 5, beyond that i would not be able to listen to all of them, also when you addict to particular sound signature most likely you will stick to 2-3 IEMs at best.

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #214 of 786
Ultrazino, .... hm, can i call you Don Tommasino?
wink_face.gif

i must explain something, i tried 1plus2 against some pretty darn good siblings like IE800, AKG3003, UE RM and a few others.

to tell you frankly I PERSONALLY preffered 1plus2, and i surely can tell all these contenders were great IEMs that would make me happy as well.

now if you suggest SD3 would be capable of storming easily into this territory then perhaps we have a revolution in portable audio world because SD3 can easily replace all of them at half the cost.

for me SD3 is more kind back up solution which would sound real great and allow me flex for wearing them when i am scared to drop and lose my 1+2. H200 is nice IEM but i want more and also H200 is not for wearing them during walking or similar, at least for me this does not work.

hope now you see my point.

NB: same story happened about Metrum Octave DAC which is darn good and pushes above its price....... but to tell you frankly this was rubbish some people told about Octave de-throning mega-buck DACs.... pure rubbish and i heard it with my own ears. i own Octave and i love it to death, but excuse me Octave will not push it over 3K competition, sorry. same scepcism applies to claims that SD3 or ASG2 would be scratching 1+2... and i was so many times through similar stories that i have my right to be sceptical.... want more examples? can give you more from cars :-D

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #215 of 786
Quote:
Getting back on track here is some eye candy, sorry for the amateur photos, but here they are:

Quote:
The SD3 is on my desk!

Might post some more pics when I get home this evening. Can't wait to put them in my ears 
biggrin.gif

L3000.gif

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #216 of 786
Quote:
Ultrazino, .... hm, can i call you Don Tommasino?
wink_face.gif

i must explain something, i tried 1plus2 against some pretty darn good siblings like IE800, AKG3003, UE RM and a few others.

to tell you frankly I PERSONALLY preffered 1plus2, and i surely can tell all these contenders were great IEMs that would make me happy as well.

now if you suggest SD3 would be capable of storming easily into this territory then perhaps we have a revolution in portable audio world because SD3 can easily replace all of them at half the cost.

for me SD3 is more kind back up solution which would sound real great and allow me flex for wearing them when i am scared to drop and lose my 1+2. H200 is nice IEM but i want more and also H200 is not for wearing them during walking or similar, at least for me this does not work.

hope now you see my point.

NB: same story happened about Metrum Octave DAC which is darn good and pushes above its price....... but to tell you frankly this was rubbish some people told about Octave de-throning mega-buck DACs.... pure rubbish and i heard it with my own ears. i own Octave and i love it to death, but excuse me Octave will not push it over 3K competition, sorry. same scepcism applies to claims that SD3 or ASG2 would be scratching 1+2... and i was so many times through similar stories that i have my right to be sceptical.... want more examples? can give you more from cars :-D

No need to derail this thread any further by making assumptions about equipment that you have neither heard nor understand the technical capabilities of. Your argument is unfounded and your examples are meaningless.

As for those who have heard the SD-3, keep the impressions and comparisons coming.

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #217 of 786
Gintaras,

you made bad experiences, so did I. People around here hype a lot. That's the reason I write reviews because I think they are more objective and neutral than many others. I have wasted a lot of money on IEMs that people claimed to be the best ever.
But that is no reason to jump into other threads and say "without having heard this IEM, TRUST ME, the other one is much better!" You have so much bias you could as well write a review about an unreleased product.

I have picked up the crossover error of Heir 4.Ai before anybody talked about it. Without the use of a sinus sweep or similar. I made out flaws of the IE800 that the original user didn't notice until I pointed them out to him (and sadly ruined his experience after that). You can also find me in the comment section of the InnerFidelity review after which they removed the award for the Sennheiser, which apparently was a mistake.
So of course I trust my ears most, but from what I've heard (no 1plus2, no TG334, no K3003), it is technically easily the best universal so far. With easy EQ adjustments (just lower the bass), it is one damn deadly tool with a very linear midrange and well extended treble that puts IE800 to shame. (And I do doubt that people can make out technical differences in a brief demo, so I tend to ignore all one-liner reviews of which there are far too many on Head-Fi.)

... And that's not even considering the most durable built we have seen in any universal IEM yet.
I'd appreciate it if you could praise the 1plus2 the same way in the corresponding thread and not rate a product you haven't heard.

But I will end here, I do not want to be called a fanboy or cause a FOTM. I just wanted to point out a new product that is a game changer.

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #218 of 786
Quote:
Gintaras,

you made bad experiences, so did I. People around here hype a lot. That's the reason I write reviews because I think they are more objective and neutral than many others. I have wasted a lot of money on IEMs that people claimed to be the best ever.
But that is no reason to jump into other threads and say "without having heard this IEM, TRUST ME, the other one is much better!" You have so much bias you could as well write a review about an unreleased product.

I have picked up the crossover error of Heir 4.Ai before anybody talked about it. Without the use of a sinus sweep or similar. I made out flaws of the IE800 that the original user didn't notice until I pointed them out to him (and sadly ruined his experience after that). You can also find me in the comment section of the InnerFidelity review after which they removed the award for the Sennheiser, which apparently was a mistake.
So of course I trust my ears most, but from what I've heard (no 1plus2, no TG334, no K3003), it is technically easily the best universal so far. With easy EQ adjustments (just lower the bass), it is one damn deadly tool with a very linear midrange and well extended treble that puts IE800 to shame. (And I do doubt that people can make out technical differences in a brief demo, so I tend to ignore all one-liner reviews of which there are far too many on Head-Fi.)

... And that's not even considering the most durable built we have seen in any universal IEM yet.
I'd appreciate it if you could praise the 1plus2 the same way in the corresponding thread and not rate a product you haven't heard.

But I will end here, I do not want to be called a fanboy or cause a FOTM. I just wanted to point out a new product that is a game changer.

Ultrazino, appears to me i will have to buy SD3 to be able to post on this thread
wink.gif

agree on the rest, all what you said makes sense. sorry mention other IEMs since this becomes a norm in all threads and so i expressed my experience. sadly no SD3 to compare but might be i get one to see IF this is really so good as you say.

believe me ears are different and some shortcomings can become others blessing. remember you mentioned bass on SD3 and proposed tuning this down a bit, but do you know how many people are looking for this bass? so for them it would sound like a perfect IEM
biggrin.gif

anyway, i will contact inEar for the price.

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #219 of 786
of course you welcome to believe in fairy tales like Ford driving as good as BWM5 or 7 but in real world that would inexplicable.

Firstly, the last 550i had terrible road feel. There was a huge disconnect and the steering was nowhere near tight. It was honestly boring as heck even with having over 400hp. Secondly, the 7 series is a marshmallow on wheels. It feels like a nice Lincoln Town Car, which is actually a compliment but that doesn't make it "driving as good" as anything. You should have made your argument with either the 3 series or the M models.

Thirdly, by what measure do you mean "driving as good?" The Mustang GT has been shown to be about a tenth of a second slower than the M3 around a track. And by that measure the Ford GT will likely have no problem keeping up with any BMW made. Maybe you should have said comfort or design...

Signed,
Huuuuuge BMW Fan, seriously.

P.S. I'll just leave this here:
Ford-GT-Coming-Back-as-a-Hybrid-2.jpg

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #221 of 786
Quote:
Firstly, the last 550i had terrible road feel. There was a huge disconnect and the steering was nowhere near tight. It was honestly boring as heck even with having over 400hp. Secondly, the 7 series is a marshmallow on wheels. It feels like a nice Lincoln Town Car, which is actually a compliment but that doesn't make it "driving as good" as anything. You should have made your argument with either the 3 series or the M models.

Thirdly, by what measure do you mean "driving as good?" The Mustang GT has been shown to be about a tenth of a second slower than the M3 around a track. And by that measure the Ford GT will likely have no problem keeping up with any BMW made. Maybe you should have said comfort or design...

Signed,
Huuuuuge BMW Fan, seriously.

vwinter, sorry it shows you perhaps have not driver them or drove some old old old model.
i drive some of them often including BMW7 and BMW5, both have very precise steering, for some people steering is too direct they say. however i like Mercedes S-class better :-D

yes, nearly forgot, BMW3 is overpriced, M3 does not do it for me, no comfort and feels like a cheap piece of plastic on four wheels
tongue.gif

and of course if talking sports cars then BMW is not what i have in mind, how about Aston Martin or Maserati, my two favorites by far.

coming back to SD3 i PM-ed musicday and also emailed InEar, will see what comes out and if price is right.

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #222 of 786
Quote:
My SD3 wich I used for less then 3 hours are for sale here and on ebay.
I like them very much but I want to get T5P.
You cannot order there until 26.7.
Free worldwide shipping.
PM if interested.

mate, you have PM :)

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #223 of 786
Quote:

Ultrazino, appears to me i will have to buy SD3 to be able to post on this thread
wink.gif

to see IF this is really so good as you say.

Gintaras, I don't think that was the point. Our objections are that you haven't heard the SD3, yet you say it will not touch the 1Plus2. I have the ASG-2 and 1Plus2 here, and I find my ASG-2 to be on the same level of technical performance (well, with that damned cable), and I prefer the sound signature more. The 1Plus2 is a great iem, but it's not godly. That would be the SR-009...

I haven't heard the SD3 either, but I'm very interested in hearing how it compares to other high tiered iems.

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #224 of 786
Eke, i think you guys pushing me into getting one so i can compare it to 1+2.... curious what will come out. SD3 actually can become a very good backup IEM if it lives up to the promise... question what to do IF it is not???
redface.gif

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #225 of 786
vwinter, sorry it shows you perhaps have not driver them or drove some old old old model.
i drive some of them often including BMW7 and BMW5, both have very precise steering, for some people steering is too direct they say. however i like Mercedes S-class better :-D

coming back to SD3 i PM-ed musicday and also emailed InEar, will see what comes out and if price is right.

Oh but I have, both. This generations 550i, which you should have known by my mention of owr 400hp, and admittedly the pervious generation 7 but there is no way they are going to make a luxury barge, no matter what generation, have more road feel and sharper steering than a sport sedan like the 3 series. No one wants to get into their gigantic cruiser and feel pebbles on the road. I'm telling you, you're making the wrong argument. No one buys a 5 or 7 series for how well they drive. Maybe compared to other huge cars.

And for the record, the S Class could drive like an F1 car and I would still say it is an eyesore. Just bad exterior design. The new one coming out is much nicer looking. You should upgrade. :p :wink:

Sorry, back to the regular scheduled programming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back