[Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience
Jul 5, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #242 of 786
thanks Musicday and Mimouille, appreciated.

Mimouille, said nice you meant great or nice? 
wink_face.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #243 of 786
Quote:
To MDCLXVI: the more you get used to it, the more you are going to love the sd3 and fully appreciate them. The sound signature is not for everbody but in the german hifi forum there are some guys who mentioned the sd3 in the fa4exb thead and they admitted that they are still impressed about the general performance of the sd3 and that it's not easy to forget these inears once you realise the exceptional presentation.

Like Mimoulle and some german fellas have said: the sd3 is a fitear togo334 category inear and it depends on your taste which one you prefer.

These IEMs are on track to become my favourites, that's for sure. The Sennheiser IE8 is well-known to have a great soundstage and I believe as someone mentioned before, the SD3 feels like a significant refinement and natural progression of the IE8's character. No Sennheiser-esque veil and an immense soundstage. The signature of the SD3 lets it take control of the music. Turn the volume up and the SD3 just accelerates, easily to the point where it will become overwhelming for some. But to me? Musical bliss 
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #246 of 786
Musicday, thanks, this will be interesting.

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #247 of 786
I would not go for Complys. They protrude too far. It is best to get a short tip that allows really deep insertion. Of course every ear is shaped differently, but I definitely get the best out of both StageDivers when they are sucked onto the inside of the auricle (which makes sense since the aim is to mimic a custom). With my ear canal this is not possible with Complys or most regular tips.

The default tips are soft and hardly protrude. They are a good start, though I use UE900 tips but a smaller size than I usually choose (because the StageDiver goes really deep).

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #248 of 786
Funnily enough Ultrazino, I am loving the stubby Comply tsx400 tip now. Super comfortable and as good as the deepest seal I had with the silicone. Totally negates the air pressure issue I had with my right ear as well (moisture/tip flex).

Last night with Noisia, blew me away yet again and ended my session with John Denver weirdly enough. Hope my wife doesn`t get too annoyed!

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #251 of 786
Insane sound and personally a bargain for me. So pleased you guys are hearing what I hear and after about 30 hours the mids start to become super clear,maybe the bedding in of the crossovers but who cares.
Like them now? They get better. Can I say Insane again?

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #252 of 786
Insane sound and personally a bargain for me. So pleased you guys are hearing what I hear and after about 30 hours the mids start to become super clear,maybe the bedding in of the crossovers but who cares.
Like them now? They get better. Can I say Insane again?

Music to my ears!

Does anyone have details on the research InEar did while designing the shells? Just interested how they could come up with a universal that has such a custom feel.

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #253 of 786
Music to my ears!

Does anyone have details on the research InEar did while designing the shells? Just interested how they could come up with a universal that has such a custom feel.

No idea where I read it, but they calculated the "average ear" out of impressions from over 1000 (don't quote me on that number) customers (men and women) who ordered customs at InEar.

Jul 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #255 of 786
Hah and knowing my luck I would have been the 1001'th customer and so wouldn't fit! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back