[Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience
Jul 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #181 of 786
?
Tpeos had an introductory offer for the H200, the same as InEar. The price increase is pretty much relative?

ah, i did not know this was promotion price, i thought this was fixed retail offering, strange Thomann was given to sell at promotion price too?
anyway, as promotion is over i will not rush, 1plus2 H200 and V1 enough to give me satisfaction, but i was really curious about sd3 after reading Sinth review who i trust. ok, may be later, now i am too much spending on gear and moded S version of AK makes me feel dizzy already :)

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #182 of 786
Quote:
Last IEM that did that was demoing the 1Plus2 but then of course it is competing in a different class.

Would be nice to have some more insight than a one line summary of a brief comparison. I'm even wondering if you managed a satisfactory fit.

I've had the 4.Ai, UE900, IE800, W4, TF10, FX700 and quite some more for a very long time (all thoroughly reviewed) and I will bet my account on the fact that the StageDiver 3 is technically superior to any of those. Even though it has too much bass for my taste.

I haven't heard the 1Plus2, but I wonder how much quality can be between them that you you draw your conclusion so quickly. (I hope to audit them in August on the hifi show in Hongkong.) Please don't take this offensively, but I presume you might have judged too quickly. Of course I am but one opinion, but I have taken great care of my review in foresight that it may be quoted in months to come. My verdict: especially 4.Ai has nothing on them, balanced or not!

We know they are tuned very warmly (for on stage use, obviously), but do you think you can add one more aspect that hasn't been covered before?

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #183 of 786
Come on people. Just because I said the SD3 did not wow me like the 1pus2 is not the same thing as saying the SD3 are not good. How much more complimentary beyond saying they are a serious new entry to the market at the particular price point do you want.

Achieved a fit fine thank you. They are big so YMMV. Let's not start making things up just to pull apart a small post doing nothing more than reporting a forum meet. I have been a forum member for many years and am experienced enough to be balanced and calm about new toys. Try it out to avoid bans :)

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #185 of 786
It's not about fanboyism but about drawing conclusions on which others put a lot of money. The people with the possibilities to compare expensive IEMs should give others an advise on how to spend their money.
A quick audit should not value any product over another without comprehensible argumentation.

I have absolutely no problem about the "didn't wow me" part, but the "xyz is obviously better" without even explaining why.

LFC, we don't want you to say the SD3 is awesome. We want to know why you draw your conclusion how it is. Again, "didn't wow" is hardly any sign of quality. I have also written in my review that I do not like the tonality.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #186 of 786
I agree that you have to spend as much time as possible with different sources and specially with different tips, i cant say anything about the sd3 but do you remember when the sm3 arrived that they were 5 times better than the um3x well id say i prefer the um3x over them so...

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #187 of 786
Quote:

...his impressions actually seemed like a less enthusiastic version of yours.

Carlsan, any word on your ASG-2? I'd love to see this comparison.

No word, the ASG-2's were suppose to be ready for the end of last week, but then nothing. Will have to email back and find out about the delay.
I'm getting the stealth version, and according to the email quote:

[size=medium]From Andy from Aurisonics[/size]:
We've just finished re-working how we paint and finish the stealth sets - the result is an incredibly durable finish, that looks just as we had envisioned it when we applied the moniker "Stealth" ...

So waiting patently and hoping they get sent fast.

On another front, I can say this, the Heir 5 has nothing on the SD3 from my initial listening to them, except maybe more neutrality. More on that after I give them some serious listening.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #188 of 786
It's not about fanboyism but about drawing conclusions on which others put a lot of money. The people with the possibilities to compare expensive IEMs should give others an advise on how to spend their money.
A quick audit should not value any product over another without comprehensible argumentation.

Re: the bolded section, no one "should" have to do this for no reason. There is no obligation unless expressly agreed upon as part of the "opportunity."

It would be nice, sure, and appreciated, but not owed.

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #189 of 786
Getting back on track here is some eye candy, sorry for the amateur photos, but here they are:

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #191 of 786
Quote:
No word, the ASG-2's were suppose to be ready for the end of last week, but then nothing. Will have to email back and find out about the delay.
I'm getting the stealth version, and according to the email quote:

So waiting patently and hoping they get sent fast.

On another front, I can say this, the Heir 5 has nothing on the SD3 from my initial listening to them, except maybe more neutrality. More on that after I give them some serious listening.

Talked to Andy last week and briefly again today. If your pair is in the same group as mine (also stealth), it will probably be shipped out on Friday. They've been a little backed up due to the large number of stealth upgrades.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #192 of 786
Quote:

Anyone have extensive experience of SD3 again Heir 5.0? Have only demoed both briefly and think both have gone in the same direction with a 'full' sound.

I think they are both smooth sounding, but SD3 is more forward, more bassy and more full sounding. And the stage has more depth, more 3D feeling. The 5.0 was more laidback.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #194 of 786
Jul 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #195 of 786
Quote:

Talked to Andy last week and briefly again today. If your pair is in the same group as mine (also stealth), it will probably be shipped out on Friday. They've been a little backed up due to the large number of stealth upgrades.

Good to know, thanks.
If I don't hear anything by end of the week, I'll email Andy myself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back