[Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience
Jun 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #46 of 786
Quote:
Sinth, great review. sounds like another winner? you made me curious.

how would you describe the stage depth, timbre richness and dynamic transients with complex musical passages?
i enjoy 1+2 right now but thinking about perhaps adding one more IEM, problem is TG334 is really way expensive right now and i am curious also about sane priced IEMs like ASG2 or the one you reviewed here. i also like German quality make.

btw, may be i overlooked but what about their cable system, is this Westone or else? and what cable you got with them?

HI Gintaras, (bold 1)
Complex music.
Noisia - Stigma - The SD3 handles this with ease and is quite a scary experience. Super fast track which needs super fast bass. PASSED.

(Bold 2)
Cable
It is in the review with images but yes a Westone like cable and a 2 pin connection. I only have the W4 so presuming the connection is the same.

Edit: I must mention seal, when you think you have the perfect seal, push in further with pressure on the bottom. The deeper the seal the better which is mind blowing.

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #47 of 786
Quote:
HI Gintaras, (bold 1)
Complex music.
Noisia - Stigma - The SD3 handles this with ease and is quite a scary experience. Super fast track which needs super fast bass. PASSED.

(Bold 2)
Cable
It is in the review with images but yes a Westone like cable and a 2 pin connection. I only have the W4 so presuming the connection is the same.

Edit: I must mention seal, when you think you have the perfect seal, push in further with pressure on the bottom. The deeper the seal the better which is mind blowing.

Awesome. I listened to that song. Quite curious about the experience with the SD-3.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #48 of 786
Normally at high volumes many iems would fall over, the SD3 your ears.

Jun 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #50 of 786
Quote:
So is SD3 the best universal IEM?
Better then IE800, W4R and SE535?
We don't know how does compare with SE846 wich is not out yet.
Please share more impressions about these as I want to order asap.
Regards

I think I skipped the post where somebody stated that these are the best IEMs around.
I also doubt that there is such a thing as !the best universal IEM".
Maybe there is something as the best IEM from a technical point of view, but high-end BAs, crossover etc. does not automatically make an IEM sound good. Tuning is the more important part IMO.

Jun 22, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #51 of 786
Quote:
I think I skipped the post where somebody stated that these are the best IEMs around.
I also doubt that there is such a thing as !the best universal IEM".
Maybe there is something as the best IEM from a technical point of view, but high-end BAs, crossover etc. does not automatically make an IEM sound good. Tuning is the more important part IMO.

Much like the search for the Holy Grail, the Fountain of Youth, or Shangri-la, there will never be a best universal IEM.

Only the quest.

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #53 of 786
I will update my review later today as there my be a little confusion with how I have worded certain points (Thanks for the PM`s). My brain has also got its head around the sound delivery/signature.

I will say for now that they are not going to be negative adjustments.

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #54 of 786
man i have to get sinth's ane eke's review and impression of the SD3 and the ASG-2 stat ! or i any one can send me thier SD3 and i can do a layman review !?!?! =P

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #55 of 786
Sinth, thanks for answers.

i feel now thorn between SD3 and ASG2, both seem like fine IEMs with a difference in approach i guess.
what i am curious is NOT which one is better but WHICH ONE gives you more musical pleasure speaking about timbre, dynamic and harmony and their ability to blend all of this into seamless presentation. to date i found only 1+2 capable of ticking all boxes for me but i am curious if there is a good backup to be found around for lesser money without giving up much in musical presentation.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #56 of 786
Hmm, Nice review; got me a bit interested in these iem's. But still haven"t made up my mind as I'm trying to pick between these iem's, Sennheiser IE80, Westone Adventure Series, and Heir Audio 3.A.
My ears really enjoy impacting bass response as well as neat clarity in the the audio. I'm not a big fan of "flat" sound nor plain "neutral" where only detail is present over all. As far as bass goes, I like actually feeling the vibration of the bass as the music plays as well as appreciate enough detail to be able to catch every sound that is being made in the music file; Make the sound lively.
I also am very universal with music as I listen to many different types but I mainly listen to a bit of hip-hop and club/budstep(slowstep/chillstep/xxyyxx) related music. I would REALLY appreciate help on picking which of these iem's(or any other highly recommended iem)  that best suits my demands as for it will be a major upgrade in iem for me.
-Thank you

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #57 of 786
Quote:
Sinth, thanks for answers.

i feel now thorn between SD3 and ASG2, both seem like fine IEMs with a difference in approach i guess.
what i am curious is NOT which one is better but WHICH ONE gives you more musical pleasure speaking about timbre, dynamic and harmony and their ability to blend all of this into seamless presentation. to date i found only 1+2 capable of ticking all boxes for me but i am curious if there is a good backup to be found around for lesser money without giving up much in musical presentation.

basically saying which is better =P

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #58 of 786
basically saying which is better =P

not exactly, many prefer detailed well layered sounding gear while i am prepared to sacrifice some finer details for perfect harmonic blending and dynamic richness. i never could stop thinking how different is live orchestra performance in great hall sounding compared to what many audiophiles crave for :)))

one example is TPeos H200, RDB+v1 and Tralucent 1plus2, each of them will give you amazing pleasure and will play in a league of its own.
however comparing H200 to V1 or 1plus2 would be fruitless because H200 will not play better, so if judging by absolute sonics i should not have bought H200, but i did and i am happy about my decision.

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #59 of 786
deleted, freaking iPad version :frowning2:

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #60 of 786
Ha. Not in the obnoxious way. Graphs would be useful in this case to see how much they differ in terms which has more bass, treble, etc. And I agree. It's so much more easy to let the details and music wash over you with such a sound sig. Unobtrusive detail at its finest.
I found they presented things differently than the 334, slightly tighter bass, less thick mids but it is true that sd3 bass is more...forward and dominant. I preferred the sd3 bass texture, but to be fair I am not a fan of the 334 slow decay. This is only half reliable as I compare from memory, not having the 334 anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back