[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
Dec 28, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #691 of 781
Ok, I think they will pair well with the fiio X1, but wanted a bit more driving power as well but to also improve the quality of an already outstanding iem. Anybody have other amp recommendations for portable use to pair with x1 for these iems?

Get the Cayin C5....thank me later when you've heard the sound 
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #695 of 781
Anybody bought the 400s lately during the BF/CM deals wld confirm the stock accessories you received with it?....looks like mine didnt come with 2 pair comply foamies and white cable winder......wondering these were cut down due to cost reduction or its a qc ignorance with my retail boxing?.......

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #696 of 781
Anybody bought the 400s lately during the BF/CM deals wld confirm the stock accessories you received with it?....looks like mine didnt come with 2 pair comply foamies and white cable winder......wondering these were cut down due to cost reduction or its a qc ignorance with my retail boxing?.......

I just bought mine half a month ago and I also did not receive the foam tips and cable winder.

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #697 of 781

I just bought mine half a month ago and I also did not receive the foam tips and cable winder.

The cable winder was discontinued in later batches, and was replaced by a round carry case. IIRC the comply tips were placed within the carry case. COntact HiFiMAN customer service and they will send it to you. Quite a few people have reported this (during the BF sales)

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #698 of 781

The cable winder was discontinued in later batches, and was replaced by a round carry case. IIRC the comply tips were placed within the carry case. COntact HiFiMAN customer service and they will send it to you. Quite a few people have reported this (during the BF sales)

Ahh.....thats convincing :wink: TY both......:D

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #699 of 781
Ahh.....thats convincing
wink.gif
TY both......
biggrin.gif

This has been answered but I will chime in as a vote of confidence. I too ordered these on BF and my comply tips were in the pouch. The rewinder actually was doing more damage than good, so it was taken out.  Hifiman has been great thus far so I know they will gladly send you the complete accessories!

Happy Listening!

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #700 of 781
This has been answered but I will chime in as a vote of confidence. I too ordered these on BF and my comply tips were in the pouch. The rewinder actually was doing more damage than good, so it was taken out.  Hifiman has been great thus far so I know they will gladly send you the complete accessories!

Happy Listening!

Ok....I agree to the cable winder part being discontinued,as they really know what the cable design is.....and Yes I will contact them to get the comfies.....this one has leeched more love from me to my GR07CE,now......
Btw,did you guys really find useful with the white large tips that has uneven shape at the insertion end?.......

Dec 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #701 of 781

mind sharing which thread it was,people complaining the same issue? Want to know whether they got some responses and / or hfm mailed them the comfies already..........havent got any reply yet from them may be due to long weekend off?.......

Dec 31, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #702 of 781
mind sharing which thread it was,people complaining the same issue? Want to know whether they got some responses and / or hfm mailed them the comfies already..........havent got any reply yet from them may be due to long weekend off?.......

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629253/head-direct-hifiman-customer-service-team/750#post_11086491

Try contacting them on Head-fi.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #704 of 781
So it's been  a month or so since I got mine back from repair -- both cable protectors pulled out. I don't think I have even used them a half dozen times, and the left one of the new pair has pulled out again. You're really making it hard to love you, HIFIMan. :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #705 of 781
So it's been  a month or so since I got mine back from repair -- both cable protectors pulled out. I don't think I have even used them a half dozen times, and the left one of the new pair has pulled out again. You're really making it hard to love you, HIFIMan. :frowning2:

quick question, so are you pulling out the earpieces picking the strain relieves? Agree the cable build and quality(except fabric sheath) is not as good as what the 400 sounds......And we have to be very careful while shovin and out these small housings,as its quite common our fingers also grab the week strain relieves,possible......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back