REVIEW: Head-Direct RE2 IEM and Fiio E5 amp
May 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #61 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusthetom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my package today, but miffed as my ears don't seem to agree with any of the supplied tips.

The large clear Bi tips don't fit, medium bi tips are scratchy as hell, medium black tips better but still scratchy and the small black tips jus look far too small.

Ive resorted to taking the large black tips of my busted cx300's, theyve made things much more comfortable, the silicon sennheiser use seems much softer.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with these? Is there any third party bi flanges I can get hold of which might be more comfortable?

There are some third party biflange on eBay that the IE8 guys are using, that are comfortable, and should fit. Double Flange Earbuds (New) for Sony In-Ear Headphones - eBay (item 380104944742 end time Mar-10-09 05:25:10 PDT)

You could also try the Complys T400 foam tips.

May 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #64 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by gackt_2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Planning to get one too, they sell it for like $49 (re2 + E5). I'm not sure that this is the very same item that u (and Clieos) use to review? Any idea about this?

The very same!

May 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #65 of 89
After debating for months I've finally decided to settle on the re2 and e5. Thanks for this review it helped me out a lot. I hope the re2 doesn't take too long to ship once I've ordered it.

May 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #66 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by shinobi00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After debating for months I've finally decided to settle on the re2 and e5. Thanks for this review it helped me out a lot. I hope the re2 doesn't take too long to ship once I've ordered it.

Not in my experience, it won't.

May 14, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #68 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by gackt_2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Planning to get one too, they sell it for like $49 (re2 + E5). I'm not sure that this is the very same item that u (and Clieos) use to review? Any idea about this?

Different cable. Not sure if that affects the sound.

May 15, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #69 of 89
Just switched to the small black tips which I initially thought too small and man have these things have come into there own! Mid range more forward, drums punchier and sound stage has livened up massively, with the other tips things sounded a bit analytic and dull, much closer to what I was looking for!

May 31, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #70 of 89
HA, Would you recommend Ne7m or RE2's for alternative rock, more to the mellow sounds and instruments? I am however reluctant to spend an extra $15 for Comply tips if I bought the Ne7m, in case the stock tips are not good as what I've heard. I've tried the biflanges of my friends RE2 and they fit fine.

May 31, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #71 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanlazlo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HA, Would you recommend Ne7m or RE2's for alternative rock, more to the mellow sounds and instruments? I am however reluctant to spend an extra $15 for Comply tips if I bought the Ne7m, in case the stock tips are not good as what I've heard. I've tried the biflanges of my friends RE2 and they fit fine.

I think the RE2 are more of a Jazz/Classical/acoustic IEM, and the NE-7M would be better for alternative and classic rock.

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #72 of 89
Great review. I just got mine a couple of days ago and would agree they are great for jazz/classical/acoustic. I listen to a lot of jazz and they sound great because they are not so bass heavy (at least that is my taste).

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #73 of 89
i am really debating between the RE2 and the NE-7m and changing my opinion every 5 minutes... they are now exactly same price. I can see from HA fantastic reviews that they are very similar, but i guess the E5 (included for free) makes the difference, cause I think i could use it with my full sized cans right?

EDIT: Can't wait anymore as i was literally going crazy and went for the RE2 + E5... wish me luck!!
L3000.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #74 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by restevezes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am really debating between the RE2 and the NE-7m and changing my opinion every 5 minutes... they are now exactly same price. I can see from HA fantastic reviews that they are very similar, but i guess the E5 (included for free) makes the difference, cause I think i could use it with my full sized cans right?

EDIT: Can't wait anymore as i was literally going crazy and went for the RE2 + E5... wish me luck!!
L3000.gif

The RE2 with the E5 will give a little more detail than the NE-7M unamped but still match the bass - and the NE-7M when amped will give a bit more bass than the RE2 amped, but the detail is still not as crisp. I tend to think of the NE-7M as a little more euphonic or romantic sounding, and the RE2 as a little more analytical sounding - similar to comparing a W3 to a Phonak Audeo PFE, where both are good but different in a similar way.

When my 14 year olf daughter lost her JVC aircushion FX-66 she took my RE2 to replace them, so they can't be all that bad, eh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #75 of 89
thanks for the clarification
i already decided for this... now i have to think about my full sized cans

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for really helpful and detailed reviews, really helped me not only to decide, but to read and enjoy other unrelated to my search reviews. thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back