Review: Head-Direct RE0
Jun 29, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #31 of 69
yeah i noticed the box and case change too, now i know its now at a bargain price but i really wasnt looking to be buying just being currious and having a look at thier site. the cable changes well yeah fine but the old cases looked far classier.

a bit of a shame, maybe they could offer a little higher priced one with the old nicer case?

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #32 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah i noticed the box and case change too, now i know its now at a bargain price but i really wasnt looking to be buying just being currious and having a look at thier site. the cable changes well yeah fine but the old cases looked far classier.

a bit of a shame, maybe they could offer a little higher priced one with the old nicer case?

The new box is certainly easier to package and ship.

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #33 of 69
Great price, which makes it a better value than one of its competitors, the Image X10. I would almost be tempted to own a RE0 again, haha.

Jun 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #34 of 69
[size=small]I guess the new pricing means that Head Direct is getting ready to roll out the new flagship, the RE3.[/size]

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #36 of 69
I'm currently looking at the RE0 and started a thread a few days ago. I'm looking for my first pair of IEM's.
The reviews state that the RE0 can compete with high-end IEM's, which is a steal for only a hundred dollars. My current music genres do need that extra bit of bass (Electronica, Dance, Rock and a little bit of Hip-Hop). I also listen to classic rock and other music which was made before I was even born. They don't emphasize on bass that much, so generally I'm looking for a well-balanced IEM.

Will the RE0 combined with the FiiO E3 be enough for bassy music, but also satisfy my needs for Classic Rock etc.?

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #38 of 69
Were there never any Speedwagon jokes about these?

tsk......

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #39 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently looking at the RE0 and started a thread a few days ago. I'm looking for my first pair of IEM's.
The reviews state that the RE0 can compete with high-end IEM's, which is a steal for only a hundred dollars. My current music genres do need that extra bit of bass (Electronica, Dance, Rock and a little bit of Hip-Hop). I also listen to classic rock and other music which was made before I was even born. They don't emphasize on bass that much, so generally I'm looking for a well-balanced IEM.

Will the RE0 combined with the FiiO E3 be enough for bassy music, but also satisfy my needs for Classic Rock etc.?

Can anyone who owns an RE0 answer this question?

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #41 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E3 will make the RE0 louder, not better.

Will it change the bass? That is what the E3 is made for, if I read the reviews correctly.

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #44 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's just a 3dB boost, not really that much, barely noticeable.

RightMark Audio Analyzer test: comparison

Well, nothing to complain if they come for free. I'm just really eager to know if these need an amp to work well with Electronic, Dance or Rap for that matter. Maybe I'm just too worried and they don't need an amp to play those genres well.

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #45 of 69
Depends on your player. With a really weak player like a Sansa Clip they might need an amp to get acceptable SPL - but with beefier players like my Cowon S9/X5/O2 they're perfectly fine without an amp. The RE0 are 150 Ohm, so you won't get any of those undesirable effects low-impedance phones are suffering from (bass roll-off, increased crosstalk, hiss, etc.). There's really not a lot an amp could "fix" with them, besides loudness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back