[REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread
Jan 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #226 of 269
  I loathe multi-flange tips, but the foams are good and with the short single-flange Westone Star tips I find the G10 very comfortable (among the most comfortable of the inears i've tried) and decently isolating, after a few hours I really appreciate how light they are as well.

Unfortunately Westone Star tips are one of those rare cases that I absolutely can't get a good fit on, and my ear are generally quite tolerable to different eartips.

Jan 12, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #227 of 269
I'm using the Star tips with succes. The multi-flange thingies keep itching in my ear.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #228 of 269
I purchased the G10's, and they are the fourth Future Sonics I have owned. I started with the EM3, then to the Atrio M5, the Atrio MG7, and now the G10's. Throughout my journey with Future Sonics, with many other various earbuds sprinkled in along the way, the soundstage of Future Sonics never ceases to amaze me. Although I have a couple of amps I have never felt the need to use them. Even now from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with MP3 VBR, the sound to my ears is full and wide. The bass has always been incredible, and the upper has never been too bright for my tastes. And with all of my Future Sonics, I have found the best sleeve (not included custom fit) has been Shure black foam. Enough isolation, comfortable fit, and keep the bass where it belongs, in my ears.

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #229 of 269
Glad you like them. The G10's were my first encounter with Future Sonics. Overall I like the sound although I like the sound a bit clearer. Real nice pair but I have to let them go to fund other things.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #230 of 269
I'm new here on Head-fi so please excuse and posting errors that I might make.

Just a little bit about me to start:
I'm a long term audiophile.  One way to tell if your an audiophile is to answer a couple of questions.  Is your two channel system more expensive than your Car? Did you have to get into computer Hi Rez  audio so you could put some records, CDs and tapes in storage so you could move around the house.  If your answer is yes to either of these questions then as Jeff Foxworthy says you might be an audiophile.

I wanted to post my impressions on the Future Sonics G10.

The G10's have been the gateway drug for me into this world of Head-Fi.  Last August (2015) a friend of mine who knew I really liked good music invited me to try his new IEMs.  I didn't have high expectations having purchased several ear buds over the years and been disappointed.  I really can't give you a list because I've gifted them to friends but the prices have ranged from Free with your Iphone to well over $300 for early multi driver IEM's.  The problem was that they lacked musicality they made noise but weren't compelling and for me music should pull you in.

This brings me to the G10's.  Within the first two minuets with my Iphone 6 I was hooked.  Music that I knew well and loved.  Music that I use to audition new two channel Kit never sounded so good from a phone.  Well, I had to get me some of that good drug! I purchased a G10 IEM.  This has been $200 well spent I've been using them for since last August as my go to head set while traveling.

it seems to be customary here to give an impression on build quality,  First the packaging of the head set is first rate It comes with a very high quality outer box and a zippered inner case to carry your head set in.  The head set is light weight and the braided cord is comfortable and seems to be quite durable,  I like the right angle plug as it seems to keep the whole rig more compact.  As I've gotten older I find that finding the right and left sides of a IEM difficult Future Sonics has hit upon a great solution.  On the ear buds there is a dip on the back side of the body that if you put your thumb in them they automatically give your right and left . Bravo!

.This brings us to the final question.  How do they sound?  They sound musical, compelling.  Since I'm new here I really don't have an ideal of the terminology Head-Fi'ers use to describe the sound of music.  When I have greater understanding I'll try and give you the best reading I can.

Finally I don't think you could go wrong with the G10  from Future Sonics

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #232 of 269
Edit: oups i missread the post above.

What is the comparison with the vmode? Any more details?

May 11, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #234 of 269
Seriously love my G10s.  After a looooong burn in, their bass sound signature is remarkably similar to my old Atrios but they have a slightly cleaner mid/treble.  Very wearable for a daily commute with the braided cable.

Sadly today one earphone developed a fault with the cabling on one ear today, but wrote to Future Sonics and they will gladly help me get a replacement under warranty.  What a lovely company they are.

May 11, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #235 of 269
Anyone here own both G10 and Alpha & Delta AD01. Can you please do a quick comparison. AD01 is my daily driver at the moment and I would like to buy a G10 if it's an upgrade to AD01.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #236 of 269
Anyone who is familiar with me knows I'm a habitual gear roller. I've bought and sold dozens, perhaps hundreds, of headphones and audio gear in the past year or two alone.

For me to keep a piece of gear for more than 3 months, it has to be incredibly to my liking.

I've had the Spectrum G10 for 8 months now.

They're exactly what I want in an IEM. Outstanding sub-bass, great isolation, no harsh treble, lasting comfort.

These have it all. I use them just about every day at work and have never even considered selling them.

The only two headphones I've owned for more than 6 months other than these are the Sennheiser HD650 and JVC HA-DX2000 (apart from gaming cans).

I like the Aurisonics Kicker nearly as much, but their over-ear comfort isn't great for me.

Note that I use Westone star tips. I've rolled a couple dozen tips and found these to be the best fit. I actually put a very thin layer of scotch tape around the nozzle to secure the tip tightly.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #237 of 269
My beloved 9 year old Atrio M8s are on their last leg.  They've been held together with duct tape for a while now and recently i noticed another break in the wiring also fixed with duct tape.  Somehow they keep playing!!!  I use them largely for watching movies because of their outstanding base.  I'm tempted to get the new G10 to replace them.  Its a little hard to justify since I also own the JVC-FX850 and the Etymotics H5.  I can't (won't) get rid of either of those two because they fill niche roles.  I have the custom molds for the Ety's and use them for travel and mowing the lawn etc...  I keep the JVCs because they sound great and do not isolate.  I'm active duty military, and I like having the option for headphones that do not isolate. You wouldn't want to miss the alert!  I could just use the JVCs for bedtime listening and movies but frankly I've become spoiled to having a dedicated set of night stand IEMs.  I'm the guy who is always looking for glasses, keys, wallet.  Having the dedicated night stand headphones saves me a lot of headache.

So long question short, should I get the G10 or use this as an opportunity to expand my exposure to different brands.  I really do love the Atrios.  I'm inclined to get the G10 but am happy to entertain other ideas.  Like I said, I really like the amazing base of the Atrios.  Not that I'm a basehead, but since I use them for watching movies as well as listening to music, the deep rumble goes a long way.

Thanks!

Nate

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #239 of 269
If you love the Atrios ...

To be clear I love the Atrios but I would not spend $200 to replace them.  The IEM world has exploded since I bought them 9 years ago.  They were the several generations ago M8 before the upgraded driver etc... The G10 would have to be significant upgrade to the M8s to spend the money.  Also, I'm curious about the G10's value vs other brands at that price point.  I don't want to spend $200 unwisely just because I am nostalgic about my first set of IEMs.  But hey, if the G10s are about as good as you can get at that price point then sign me up.

Thanks 

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #240 of 269
To be clear I love the Atrios but I would not spend $200 to replace them.  The IEM world has exploded since I bought them 9 years ago.  They were the several generations ago M8 before the upgraded driver etc... The G10 would have to be significant upgrade to the M8s to spend the money.  Also, I'm curious about the G10's value vs other brands at that price point.  I don't want to spend $200 unwisely just because I am nostalgic about my first set of IEMs.  But hey, if the G10s are about as good as you can get at that price point then sign me up.

Thanks 
Maybe if they moved to China and paid less to make it there instead of USA then they could make a good profit by selling it for $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back