[REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread
Sep 10, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #211 of 269
Here are some measurement from my homemade rig. The interesting bit to me is actually how closely Atrio M5 rev2 and MG7 resemble each other in FR curve and the impedance is a few ohm in difference, yet the two give me really different impression in sound. G10 overall has the same Future Sonics house sound, but bassier and smoother. A proper bass monster, I guess.

FS-M5-G10.jpg

FS-G10%20imp.jpg

FS-Rev2%20imp.jpg

FS-MG7%20imp.jpg

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #212 of 269
FutureSonics.com has a special discount on the G10 until 11/30!

This is a nice chance to pick up a set of these for a good discount.

Just use the promo code FSG10 at checkout for 20% off.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #214 of 269
Another con for G-10 is its impedance and sensitivity. I don't want to be mandated to carry an amp. in my pocket on the go i just don't have room for it.   
It looks like I have to reluctantly and secretly keep on collecting savings for the  
[COLOR=5A5A5A]Aurisonic ASG-2.5[/COLOR]

2.5 also needs an amp

Jan 3, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #217 of 269
I am interested in this in-ear. I dislike the use of plastic in the manufacture of casings.

I have Hifiman RE-600, RHA T20 and the JVC FXT-90. Is this G10 greater than what I already have?

Jan 3, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #218 of 269
I am interested in this in-ear. I dislike the use of plastic in the manufacture of casings.

I have Hifiman RE-600, RHA T20 and the JVC FXT-90. Is this G10 greater than what I already have?

I think you should be set with the T20, much more versatile than the G10. You should only get the G10 only if you're craving for more bass especially in the sub-bass region

Jan 3, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #219 of 269
I think you should be set with the T20, much more versatile than the G10. You should only get the G10 only if you're craving for more bass especially in the sub-bass region

Agreed. T20 is easily an level above G10.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #220 of 269
Uggh, G10's getting on so nicely w/ AK Jr. I might have to forgive it for being a laggy, hand-stabby half-bak....
very_evil_smiley.gif

deadhorse.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #221 of 269

Agreed. T20 is easily an level above G10.

I currently have the RHA T20's but I'm thinking about sending them back for the G10's. Personally, I can't seem to get the fit of the T20's comfortable. I'm using Comply tips now and they are comfortable, but at the office where I use them, I'm always pulling them in and out and having to compress the tips every time prior to inserting. It gets old after 4 or 5 times of doing so. That is why I like silicon tips, but none of the included RHA tips isolate very well for me and the retention is terrible. 

I like the overall sound quality of the T20's but could use more low end, personally. That is why I started looking at the G10's. If that is going to sacrifice the overall sound quality then I'm not sure that is the step I want to take. Do you have any suggestions for my predicament? Thanks!

Jan 9, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #222 of 269
  I currently have the RHA T20's but I'm thinking about sending them back for the G10's. Personally, I can't seem to get the fit of the T20's comfortable. I'm using Comply tips now and they are comfortable, but at the office where I use them, I'm always pulling them in and out and having to compress the tips every time prior to inserting. It gets old after 4 or 5 times of doing so. That is why I like silicon tips, but none of the included RHA tips isolate very well for me and the retention is terrible. 

I like the overall sound quality of the T20's but could use more low end, personally. That is why I started looking at the G10's. If that is going to sacrifice the overall sound quality then I'm not sure that is the step I want to take. Do you have any suggestions for my predicament? Thanks!

My first suggestion is that you should try other aftermarket silicone eartips with your T20 first. If you have problem with common eartips design, then there might be a good chance you will run into the same problem with other IEM as well. Like all Future Sonics's universal, the G10 comes with a tri-flanges and it really does require some getting used to as it is not really the most comfortable eartips you will find.

Also, won't hurt to bend the T20's cable a bit more (the part that is closest to the earpiece that looks to have some memory wire inside) so it will better fit the curve of your outer ears. Don't forget to use the chin slider / cable guide as well. Last item to check is the eartips size - might worth a try to use the eartips that is one size larger / smaller to see if they will fit your ear well. Also worth noting is, Comply does have the TS series, which doesn't require any compression before inserting.

As I said before, G10 (and Future Sonics' universal in general) doesn't really have that great a fit but rather require some getting used to. So if fit is the reason why you want to chance IEM, I am not sure G10 will be the top of the choice. Of course, fit is also a very personal thing so it might work for you. Just that we won't know for sure till you tried it.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #223 of 269

My first suggestion is that you should try other aftermarket silicone eartips with your T20 first. If you have problem with common eartips design, then there might be a good chance you will run into the same problem with other IEM as well. Like all Future Sonics's universal, the G10 comes with a tri-flanges and it really does require some getting used to as it is not really the most comfortable eartips you will find.

Also, won't hurt to bend the T20's cable a bit more (the part that is closest to the earpiece that looks to have some memory wire inside) so it will better fit the curve of your outer ears. Don't forget to use the chin slider / cable guide as well. Last item to check is the eartips size - might worth a try to use the eartips that is one size larger / smaller to see if they will fit your ear well. Also worth noting is, Comply does have the TS series, which doesn't require any compression before inserting.

As I said before, G10 (and Future Sonics' universal in general) doesn't really have that great a fit but rather require some getting used to. So if fit is the reason why you want to chance IEM, I am not sure G10 will be the top of the choice. Of course, fit is also a very personal thing so it might work for you. Just that we won't know for sure till you tried it.

Thanks for the information. I've had 3 pair of Shure and a pair of Klipsch in the past and I had never had a problem with fit. Double or triple flange tip and shove them in. They were always pretty comfortable and didn't have any issues. The T20 seem like the angle of the nozzle just isn't enough when compared to other brands. It is almost a right angle instead of closer to 45°. I used shure's on stage performing for 5-6 years and never had these issues. Oh well...

Sent from my Moto X Pure

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #224 of 269

I loathe multi-flange tips, but the foams are good and with the short single-flange Westone Star tips I find the G10 very comfortable (among the most comfortable of the inears i've tried) and decently isolating, after a few hours I really appreciate how light they are as well.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #225 of 269

Users who are viewing this thread

Back