[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Oct 1, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #976 of 1,181
Will do. I have an enormous credit card bill (customs + iPhone 5 amongst other things) to pay off, as well as just buying the DX100 so I think for October I'm going to spend as little as I can, then get the cable as an early xmas present to myself in November lol.
Quote:
Let me know how the DX100 and Silver Poison sound with the MG6Pro. The Poison should be great. I'll be picking up the Apex Glacier as an amp/dac, so that should be nice as well.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #977 of 1,181
Will do. I have an enormous credit card bill (customs + iPhone 5 amongst other things) to pay off, as well as just buying the DX100 so I think for October I'm going to spend as little as I can, then get the cable as an early xmas present to myself in November lol.

Ah yes. I will say that straight out of my ipod classic 5.5gen, none of my customs are nearly as satisfying as they are with an amp-that's come home to me over the last few months. That goes for my MG6pro, as well as Heir 8.A and 6.A. The Aurisonics AS-1b was the same as well.

So, maybe Christmas should come early! J/K!

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #978 of 1,181
I don't think the iPhone 4S I had, or the 5 I have now (or my iPad) sound bad, but as convergence devices go I use them for all that EXCEPT music, I never wanted to fill the memory up with tunes and rinse the battery that way, I'm stubborn and want a pure music source... hence the DX100. One box, job done hopefully! Just got the fun job of transcoding all my library and putting it on it, should keep me busy tomorrow.

EDIT ==

Having had a brief play with the iBasso, it's perfectly usable and no problems navigating the thing - any worries about it reminding me of my S:Flo2 instantly buried. 

Btw with the M6pros it's pretty crazy how much difference the vent plugs make. I can't help but love the biggest ones though, not just for the bass but for the increased sense of space.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #979 of 1,181
I'm curious about how everyone feels about these with iPods, iPhones and computer outputs. I find that they are so sensitive that I have the devices all the way at the bottom of the volume scale. I also hear a fair amount of background noise from the device. When I put an attenuator in line, it all falls into place. The MG5Pros seem to work a lot better for me when it comes to using devices like this.

Disclaimer: my main use for the MG6Pros is on stage as a bass player. Both the 5s and 6s are phenomenal for this use. I'll probably end up using the 5s for location mixing as well.

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #980 of 1,181
Really? With my iPhone 5 (and 4S) and iPad (2012) I find listening volume to be just before you get the 'loud' indicator come up, with the problem being one notch of the volume takes them from being not quite loud enough to too loud. This was just listening to iTunes store samples and YouTube vids (as I was waiting on my DX100 and don't put music on my iDevices). Not a problem with the DX100 though!

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #982 of 1,181
The bass on these really is something, isn't it? It doesn't feel like it's showing it off either, it's just ready to reach subterranean depths effortlessly if called upon. Can't settle for anything but the biggest vent plugs either; as a speakers guy the increased output and increase in sense of space makes them slightly less IEM-y, even if the isolation in noisy environments suffers a little. Very easy to turn them volume up on them as well as being quite balanced the treble doesn't start piercing your ears as quickly as some of the other things I've tried.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #983 of 1,181
How's everyone liking their MG6Pro's?
I'm using mine right now for the first time in 5 weeks :xf_eek:

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #985 of 1,181
Yep still enjoying mine! My DX100's charger died (no idea how or why) so I've been waiting for a new one to arrive which finally has, and I can get back to enjoying the music again. I had to make do with using my iPad and iPhone and they're not the same (although I did have a great time listening to that Binaural Babershop clip on YouTube).

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #986 of 1,181
Quote:
Yep still enjoying mine! My DX100's charger died (no idea how or why) so I've been waiting for a new one to arrive which finally has, and I can get back to enjoying the music again. I had to make do with using my iPad and iPhone and they're not the same (although I did have a great time listening to that Binaural Babershop clip on YouTube).

Oh yeah, straight out of an iphone isn't the same with any custom I've tried.

My MG6Pro is my favorite custom. I am very happy with my other customs and they are great, but week after week the MG6Pro ends up in my ears the most.

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #987 of 1,181
My MG6Pro is my favorite custom. I am very happy with my other customs and they are great, but week after week the MG6Pro ends up in my ears the most.

That makes me reconsider the 8.A I have on order but have not sent in my impressions for. As the heir audio and these future sonics were my 2 choices and you have both. Though I did make my choice in part based on the fact I like detail in my music and the heirs do look pretty!

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #988 of 1,181
Quote:
That makes me reconsider the 8.A I have on order but have not sent in my impressions for. As the heir audio and these future sonics were my 2 choices and you have both. Though I did make my choice in part based on the fact I like detail in my music and the heirs do look pretty!

I haven't heard the Heir 8.A, but if you like a detailed sound to your music, I would not be too quick to cancel your 8.A order in favour of the MG6Pro.

In my opinion, the MG6Pro isn't what seemingly almost everyone else in this thread claims it is.

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #989 of 1,181
Yeah straight out. I don't usually use them for music and got the DX100 specifically because I wanted a single box solution with higher capacity than any iPod (it's 64GB + 64GB microSD at the moment) and great SQ. Supposedly it can be improved further with something like an RX MkIII but I'm very happy with what I'm hearing already, and there's still the Silver Poison to add at some point. 

Just updating that now as my charger arrived earlier... intend on going to bed early and spending a couple of hours with my DX100 (now updated to the latest and supposedly greatest firmware) and my MG6Pros.
Quote:
Oh yeah, straight out of an iphone isn't the same with any custom I've tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back