[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Sep 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #946 of 1,181
Quote:
Mine came today. Future Sonics was nice enough to reroute the shipment to get to me on a business trip. Dave and his crew have been a real joy to work with.
As for the MG6Pros themselves, very nice out of the box. Seem to be settling in nicely in the first few hours of use. Coming from somewhat mid-centric Westones, it takes a few minutes to adjust to the different presentation, but that is certainly not a knock on these.

Very good, let us know how you're doing with them after you've had a chance to let them (and your ears) fully settle in!

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #947 of 1,181
Hopefully I'll get mine by the time the UK meet comes around... going to be some of the IEM cables Toxic Cables are doing laying about for people to try and it'd be nice to try the MG6 Pros with them - I wouldn't mind an aesthetically pleasing looking cable to go with mine and the trans-black he does... yeah.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #948 of 1,181
Quote:
Hopefully I'll get mine by the time the UK meet comes around... going to be some of the IEM cables Toxic Cables are doing laying about for people to try and it'd be nice to try the MG6 Pros with them - I wouldn't mind an aesthetically pleasing looking cable to go with mine and the trans-black he does... yeah.

Mine were delivered into my grubby little hands about 18 days after they got my impressions.  I did pay a little extra for two day shipping, but I thought the turnaround time was excellent considering they were still filling orders from the big Nashville audiology show and we had the long Labor Day weekend here in the States.

For kicks and giggles, I ordered some SilverRay cables from chris_himself to use with these.  I do want to get more acclimated to the sound of these, though, before I put those on for a test drive.  

The combination of my head and these phones rounding out and getting to know each other has been quick and noticeable.  Loving the way a piano sounds through these.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #949 of 1,181
Quote:

Quote:
Mine were delivered into my grubby little hands about 18 days after they got my impressions.  I did pay a little extra for two day shipping, but I thought the turnaround time was excellent considering they were still filling orders from the big Nashville audiology show and we had the long Labor Day weekend here in the States.

For kicks and giggles, I ordered some SilverRay cables from chris_himself to use with these.  I do want to get more acclimated to the sound of these, though, before I put those on for a test drive.  

The combination of my head and these phones rounding out and getting to know each other has been quick and noticeable.  Loving the way a piano sounds through these.

Silver cables sound great with the Mg6Pro, I think it's a good way to go. I have the Toxic Cables Silver Poison on mine and I've also heard the TWag v2.
My review of the Silver Poison is here and my brief comparison between the Silver Poison and the TWag is here--I used the MG6Pro for both.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #950 of 1,181
Silver cables sound great with the Mg6Pro, I think it's a good way to go. I have the Toxic Cables Silver Poison on mine and I've also heard the TWag v2.
My review of the Silver Poison is here and my brief comparison between the Silver Poison and the TWag is here--I used the MG6Pro for both.

Thanks, Kunlun. I thought the SilverRays represented a pretty good way to dip one's toe in the aftermarket cable pool with their very competitive price. The Toxic Cables sound intriguing, though.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #951 of 1,181
Yeah I'm looking at them now lol. On the fence between the SP and the Viper though, as I'm reaaaally not a fan of seeing any oxidisation so the trans-black Viper option is appealing... 

Frank sells the DX100 too so I could kill two birds with one order!
Quote:

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #952 of 1,181
Quote:
Yeah I'm looking at them now lol. On the fence between the SP and the Viper though, as I'm reaaaally not a fan of seeing any oxidisation so the trans-black Viper option is appealing... 

Frank sells the DX100 too so I could kill two birds with one order!

After two months, I'm not seeing any oxidation on my Silver Poison.

I have two other pure silver cables, both over 10 months old, neither show any oxidation.

Frank's been great with both his products and his service, so I'd say you can't go wrong with him.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #953 of 1,181
I'm obviously in the UK so it makes sense - he's only a few miles up the road from me as well. Looks like it'll be a Silver Poison + a DX100 (he's a registered UK distributor for iBasso) next time I get paid. :D

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #954 of 1,181
I have the Viper translucent black on mine. Quite good. The bass is really, really massive on the MG6Pro with the Viper though. Almost too much for even me! 

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #955 of 1,181
Yeah I saw yours in the Toxic Cables thread - your comment about discolouration was what was making me indecisive. I guess if several people have said their Silver Poisons are still... silver after a few months though, I'll take the plunge. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #956 of 1,181
I have the Viper translucent black on mine. Quite good. The bass is really, really massive on the MG6Pro with the Viper though. Almost too much for even me! 

I was surprised you went with a copper cable. Silver is the way to go, I think.

Yeah I saw yours in the Toxic Cables thread - your comment about discolouration was what was making me indecisive. I guess if several people have said their Silver Poisons are still... silver after a few months though, I'll take the plunge. 

Oh? What did I say to make you apprehensive? I said that I have silver cablesover 10 months old and no oxidation. I fully expect the same with the silver poison.

Sep 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #957 of 1,181
Quote:
Oh? What did I say to make you apprehensive? I said that I have silver cablesover 10 months old and no oxidation. I fully expect the same with the silver poison.

Sorry I was quoting Chris there (his Viper pics and comments on why he chose it). Your Silver Poison review + having lived with it for a while and it's still looking pristine = will probably get it.

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #958 of 1,181
Quote:

Well I had just as good of results with qusp's copper as the silver one I tried out (sonically that is), but it tarnished horribly. I figured silver plated copper of the Viper could be even better than just copper alone, plus like I said I can't stand to see a hugely teal colored tarnish on half of the cable! 

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #960 of 1,181
Quote:

Well I had just as good of results with qusp's copper as the silver one I tried out (sonically that is), but it tarnished horribly. I figured silver plated copper of the Viper could be even better than just copper alone, plus like I said I can't stand to see a hugely teal colored tarnish on half of the cable! 

I think you'd be shocked by what a TWag v2 sounds like, the Silver Poison is more balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back