[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Jun 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #886 of 1,181
just got my SE530's back from a friend, A/Bed them...

i retract my previous statement, i was considering getting them remolded, i think i'll just sell them. nothing is getting these mg6pros off my ears. its just a no contest, now that im used to these things, the 530's sound .. im going to say it - lifeless. nothing down low, nothing up top - you really don't know what your missing til you get it. 

comparing all 3 (W3/SE530/MG6PRO) , MG6PRO does everything better.

in fact, the vocals are probably just behind the SE530 in terms of forwardness. which i prefer. no crappy midbass hump to get in the way of vocals ala W3, and extension up top and down low unlike the 530. 

lastly i just wanted to clear up the muddyness etc i was talking about earlier in florence and the machine. actually, what i didnt realize was that theres 3 voice overs when she's singing, its not the earphones. the difference was that with the W3 and SE530, i couldnt distinguish them all seperately well enough. so i feel like a bit of an idiot but there you go. i did an A/B/C with them all to test, my brain required some burn in on that one.

anyhow, thats pretty much my audio journey over. cheers guys, all the advice is well appreciated, these have well and truly been all they were talked up to be.

oh actually, one more thing, FS customer service is flawless. from AUS, start to finish during a holiday period , standard postage sent, express return, took me 4 1/2 to 5 weeks roughly. take a week and a half off and send via express, it would have been 3 1/2 to 4 weeks. very informative and helpful during the entire process. if anyone says they had a bad experience with FS, it's probably not FS that was the problem.

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #888 of 1,181
Does anyone own the Audeze LCD headphones, (it does not matter which one) and the Future Sonics mg6pro?
Has anyone listened to the Audeze and compared it to the mg6pro?
I have an Audeze LCD 2.2, which I love. I would like to know how the mg6pro compares to the clarity, tonality, and presence of my favorite headphones.
All opinions will be respected and appreciated.
Thanks

Jul 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #889 of 1,181
SALE 20% OFF MG6PRO AND MG5PRO UNTIL JULY 15!

Just order from futuresonics.com using the code RealSpeakers and you get the discount on checkout.

It's a great deal on some top-tier custom iems.

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #890 of 1,181
Wow, that's some really great discount. If there weren't the negative comments, which reflect my issues with the Atrios, I would for sure grab them.

OT. @Kunlun, still working on the AS-1 vs ASG-1.2 and ASG-1.2 vs Atrios comparisons? :)

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #892 of 1,181
That's me sold then. Better get my impressions done ASAP. Parents going to the USA soon as well, might get them to take my impressions and post them from the States to save a couple more quid.

Quote:
SALE 20% OFF MG6PRO AND MG5PRO UNTIL JULY 15!
Just order from futuresonics.com using the code RealSpeakers and you get the discount on checkout.
It's a great deal on some top-tier custom iems.

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #893 of 1,181
Quote:

OT. @Kunlun, still working on the AS-1 vs ASG-1.2 and ASG-1.2 vs Atrios comparisons? :)

Ask Dale to get my AS-1b back to me and I'll work on it!
Quote:
 Wow that's really tempting!

Yup!
Quote:
That's me sold then. Better get my impressions done ASAP. Parents going to the USA soon as well, might get them to take my impressions and post them from the States to save a couple more quid.

It's a fantastic value and you'll enjoy them!

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #894 of 1,181
I've kept off getting customs (or any portable IEM) for a while because I have no portable source currently and am umm'ing and arr'ing about which one to get (Touch + HP-P1 or CLAS + RX3? DX100? Nokia N8 + UHA-6S?!?!). I suppose buying these will help me make up my mind quicker!

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #895 of 1,181
Quote:
I've kept off getting customs (or any portable IEM) for a while because I have no portable source currently and am umm'ing and arr'ing about which one to get (Touch + HP-P1 or CLAS + RX3? DX100? Nokia N8 + UHA-6S?!?!). I suppose buying these will help me make up my mind quicker!

Yes, that'll settle itself. Plus you have head-fi to help you figure it out!

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #896 of 1,181
Wow! I hope I am eligible! I mailed my impressions last week and Fed-ex shows they received them on Friday. I emailed them to make sure they received them ok. My buddy said I made a wise decision going with the futuresonics and Jackson Browne's sound engineer HIGHLY recommended them as "futuresonics are the most natural and long lasting in-ears"

Jul 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #897 of 1,181
Guys, I might catch some flak for this, but if you haven't tried it, this EQ curve meticulously plotted by Shotgunshane is pure magic. I am completely addicted to it. Tightens up that monster bass. Leaves loads, but cleans it up. Takes out that sometimes-interesting mid echo, and gives more sparkle up top. If you fancy EQ at all, this is a must-try. 

(Credit: Shotgunshane)

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #899 of 1,181
Ha, if the sale weren't a sign to buy these already, I just found an audiologist company have opened in my home town at some point, lol@the name:
http://www.ultimateear.com/

Think I'll be going for plain ol' smoke because I keep changing my mind about colours and so on... guess I've just got to order them! I take it that the $200 applies from the date you buy them on the FS site, regardless of if it takes a while to get impressions done and sent off?

Jul 10, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #900 of 1,181
Found a Japanese review here:
http://earphonespiral.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/48/

Comparisons:
http://earphonespiral.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/49/

Google Translate is terrible so I'd imagine a Japanese speaker on here would do a better job providing cliff-notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back