[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
May 6, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #856 of 1,181
Well you got a wide range of prices between them and some are universal and others are custom earphones. I have not tried the W5 But I have the W2 and W3 and I have tried the W4. Right away from reading what you listen to I will easily suggest the MG6Pro then the W5 (even though I have not heard them myself). Followed by the below 200 Dollar Atrios MG7 which I bet has equal the bass or more then the W5.
Quote:
Which has best SQ ?

Sony EX1000
Sennheiser IE80
Westone ES5
Atrio MG6Pro
Atrio MG7

I listen to house, pop, rock, classical, reggae, new age, jazz

Thanks

May 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #857 of 1,181
Yeah not sure why you are asking to compare a custom. To be fare customs is taking it to another level and they are designed to fit your own ear canal. I'd say the IE80s and Atrios would be good for bassy genres. The IE80 has a very silky smooth treble and a large sound stage though.

May 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #858 of 1,181
i'm leaning towards ie80.
i already had ie8 and liked it.
i heard ie80 is even better overall.
i need something really small and comfortable.
it has to be easy to drive.
ie80 sounds to be the right choice for me now.

my source will be: HiSoundAudio Rocoo BA which has eliminated hiss output
i don't want to buy portable amp too.

i need a simple little setup.

May 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #859 of 1,181
I don't think the IE80s will disappoint you then. If you liked the IE8s I bet you will love the IE80s. The IE8 had way too much mid bass for my liking and due to this it ruined the mid range and overshadowed the treble to an extent. If the Rocoo BA is anything like the Studio V, you will really enjoy how intimate it makes the mid range while having a very headphone like sound stage. :)

May 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #860 of 1,181
i never forget the impact in bass department with ie8.
it was really fun to listen.
i here to have fun.
ie80 should be fun.
if i buy a neutral earphone i always miss the rumble in certainly tracks.
deep sounds are really make me goosebumps.
i need that.

May 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #861 of 1,181
Hi Kunlun, you said that you gand FS shared opinions on how they can improve on their sound. Since the mg6pro has been long in the market, I would like to know if they are coming out with newer customs. Thanks!

Hi Kekoro,

THE Mg6Pro is new, a little over a year old. I was interested in where FS will take a great sound. People have tried to misunderstand, but it is not really so hard. If you like something, it is fun to talk about where it can go next, that is all.

May 7, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #862 of 1,181
Quote:
Hi Kekoro,
THE Mg6Pro is new, a little over a year old. I was interested in where FS will take a great sound. People have tried to misunderstand, but it is not really so hard. If you like something, it is fun to talk about where it can go next, that is all.

Tried to misunderstand?? Let me quote you:

I also brought up some places where it could be improved for the next iteration. Same with the MG6Pro.

Those are your own words, Kunlun. We didn't twist them, as you imply.

May 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #863 of 1,181
mg6pro™ UPGRADE Includes:
New Future Sonics mg6pro™ 13mm Proprietary Dynamic Drivers
New EM Sockets
New EM LFV Vents
New EM Cable
Tested, Tuned & QC'd
UPGRADES are done using your exsisting molds.
(Ear Monitor® Color cannot be changed)
•Turnaround time is Approx 2 - 3 Business days from receipt of your Ear Monitors® Brand
•Cost is $199.00/set + Shipping
Please send your Ear Monitors® for UPGRADE & a short note w/ your contact info and the word "UPGRADE" to:
Future Sonics
416 Green Lane, Suite #2
Bristol, PA 19007
Attn: UPGRADES
For questions please call Future Sonics at 215-826-8826 or 1-877-FSI-EARS

May 9, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #866 of 1,181
impressions done, order placed... almost... says my cc got declined on their webpage, but my bank says it went through. so I don't have a receipt to send away my impressions with, soon as i get this sorted, they are out the door and on their way!

so keen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *the waiting game starts

rock on 
basshead.gif

May 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #867 of 1,181
Quote:

I think that info is for people that want to upgrade their mg5pro to the mg6pro.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's possible right now (the mg5pro being a 10mm driver custom).

It's the upgrade for those with the older MG4+ (the previous generation 13mm custom) to the new MG6Pro.

The MG6Pro has been fully out since about when I got it, Jan of 2011. Before that, there was an extensive field test with the MG6--and a few changes were made based on pro musicians' feedback, which is how FS does it with new generation drivers.

May 9, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #868 of 1,181
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's possible right now (the mg5pro being a 10mm driver custom).

It's the upgrade for those with the older MG4+ (the previous generation 13mm custom) to the new MG6Pro.

The MG6Pro has been fully out since about when I got it, Jan of 2011. Before that, there was an extensive field test with the MG6--and a few changes were made based on pro musicians' feedback, which is how FS does it with new generation drivers.

I'm not sure since they don't specify but they state one can upgrade their previous Ear Monitor to the mg6pro. I'm thinking it pertains to any of the Ear Monitors that's below the mg6pro.

EAR MONITOR® UPGRADE Service: 
Already own Ear Monitors® and want to Update to the mg6pro™ 13mm Dynamics from FS :

UPGRADE Services are available for $199.00. 
To read more on what's included w/ the UPGRADE Service CLICK HERE

May 9, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #869 of 1,181
Quote:

I'm not sure since they don't specify but they state one can upgrade their previous Ear Monitor to the mg6pro. I'm thinking it pertains to any of the Ear Monitors that's below the mg6pro.

EAR MONITOR® UPGRADE Service: 
Already own Ear Monitors® and want to Update to the mg6pro™ 13mm Dynamics from FS :

UPGRADE Services are available for $199.00. 
To read more on what's included w/ the UPGRADE Service CLICK HERE

Ah, so it is from MG4+ and before to the new Mg6Pro. The MG5Pro (they are aware the naming is confusing) is a new product with a different driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back