[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Nov 7, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,096 of 1,181
  Created account just cause I am close to pulling the trigger on the mg6pro. Have been using the atrios for the past 5 years and unfortunately had to go through 2-3 pairs as 1 side of the driver keeps dying on me most likely due to cable issues. So I am kinda concerned about the warranty or repair period of the mg6pro.

Anyway, for those interested in the new universal IEM from FS, last I heard is that it will hit the stores by mid-December.

No matter whether a buyer ends up loving his customs or not, THOSE whom I have spoke to all have 1 thing to say: Customer services with FS is one of the best you will ever encounter in the world. If you get the MG6Pro, you will never have to worry about aftersales service. Even if your warranty runs out, I'm PRETTY sure FS will not just abandon you.

Disclaimer: I do not have a FS customs, nor do I have any form of contact with FS staff before. I am just reporting my experiences with other FS users.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #1,097 of 1,181

No matter whether a buyer ends up loving his customs or not, they all have 1 thing to say: Customer services with FS is one of the best you will ever encounter in the world. If you get the MG6Pro, you will never have to worry about aftersales service. Even if your warranty runs out, I'm sure FS will not just abandon you.

Excuse me - please don't presume to speak for all futuresonics customers.

If you had a good experience of them, then good for you; I'm happy for you, but some of us had an extremely poor experience with them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/596839/review-um-merlin-fs-mg6pro-akg-k3003-future-additions-fitear-tg-334-aurisonics-as-2/240#post_11010759

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #1,098 of 1,181

Excuse me - please don't presume to speak for all futuresonics customers.

If you had a good experience of them, then good for you; I'm happy for you, but some of us had an extremely poor experience with them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/596839/review-um-merlin-fs-mg6pro-akg-k3003-future-additions-fitear-tg-334-aurisonics-as-2/240#post_11010759

I apologize, I've clarified my initial statement so that those who took my sentence literally will not misunderstand me.

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #1,099 of 1,181
@deathscthe for IEMs going dead in one side, it's usually a result of wear and tear of the cable and flexing near the phone jack connector from my experience. The good news is that MG6pros cables use pretty standard connectors so you can always replace them with 3rd party boutique cables or just getting a spare from FS.

Also, you might just want to start coiling your cables using the over/under coiling method if you are storing them away often as it dramatically reduces internal tension of the wires. Search youtube for a guide :)

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #1,100 of 1,181
@deathscthe for IEMs going dead in one side, it's usually a result of wear and tear of the cable and flexing near the phone jack connector from my experience. The good news is that MG6pros cables use pretty standard connectors so you can always replace them with 3rd party boutique cables or just getting a spare from FS.

Also, you might just want to start coiling your cables using the over/under coiling method if you are storing them away often as it dramatically reduces internal tension of the wires. Search youtube for a guide
smily_headphones1.gif

Yea which is why I have decided to only go for earphones with replaceable cables. Was deciding between the ASG-2 and mg6pro but since I really love my atrios, the mg6pro seems to be the obvious choice.

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #1,101 of 1,181
I had a listen to to the atrios after I got my mg6pros at a earphone store and the sound signature is very similar barring the isolation and soundstage differences. So if you like the Atrios I'm pretty sure you would be happy with the mg6pros.

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #1,102 of 1,181

And what will he/she do if FS grind his/her MG6 Pro sockets down to half depth, so the cable pins can only insert half way, and stick out the rest..?

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #1,104 of 1,181
@mythin If I had problems as you have described I would of course contact their customer service. I didn't have that problem with my set.

This isn't aimed at you, alone, but just to explain:

My reason for posing the question is simply that this thread has blithely led many people to buy MG6 Pros, and continues to do so, even though several head-fiers have experienced substantial issues, either with the MG6 Pro itself (and/) or with futuresonics.

I'm not trying to be a PITA to anyone, but I was misled, by this very thread, to spend more than $800 (all-told) on what I personally consider to be a substandard product, in terms of SQ, build quality, and, to a certain extent, customer service. If someone properly reads the last couple of pages of this thread (including the linked pages), at the very least, it should be abundantly evident that things are not as rosy for some MG6 Pro customers as this thread has led people to believe.

I find it ironic that the past couple of posts are discussing intermittent faults in one or other channels of an IEM, and the MG6 Pro is being suggested as a potential solution to such a scenario, when it is something which I, as an MG6 Pro customer, experience on a daily basis, due to my pair being made so poorly that I was forced to trim 50% off the pins of my CIEM cable. To rectify this, I would have to pay for fresh impressions and to ship my CIEMs internationally, probably being stung for import duty on the return journey, too.

Again, please don't think I'm having a pop at you. It's not about you. It's about a broader situation with MG6 Pro / FS which is not limited to me. Shane and I have gone public on the board, with our experiences, but I have also received PMs regarding similar experiences of other MG6 Pro customers. It is not my place to name these people, but perhaps, in time, they will feel motivated to step forward and publicly relate their experiences, just as I finally did, last week.

Potential customers have a right to be made aware of this, rather than being led to believe that the MG6 Pro experience is excellent, as a general rule. For customers who have had what they consider to be an excellent experience, then that's great. Well-done to them, and well-done to futuresonics. But, unfortunately, it does not appear to be a consistent general rule.

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #1,105 of 1,181
@mython I did read about negative reviews within this same thread but weighed the good reviews versus the negative ones and made a calculated risk to try FS out. The mg6pros were my 2nd pair of ciems ever and my previous pair were Livewires triples (my experience with them was horrendous to say the least and they took 3 months to ship my in ears and having to call them and ask them what's going on).

So my expectations were not high for my next pair of ciems albeit from FS, given my previous terrible experience with Livewires but FS delivered well and quickly to my surprise, which really gave me a good impression of FS and the product in my hand. What also gave me confidence was the fact that in future if I wanted to upgrade to the latest model, I could do so with a marginal add on fee.

Overall, I'm glad everything worked out for me and I honestly have no complaints keeping in mind that others like you have had contrasting experiences. There also weren't many custom dynamic IEMs available and the mg6pros did intrigue me. I just love the dynamic drivers representation of music so it was the mg6pros or some unique melody hybrids as the other option. And hearing of Unique melody production delays just spooked me a little. I got my mg6pros in about two weeks from when I sent my ear impressions.

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #1,106 of 1,181
@mython I did read about negative reviews within this same thread but weighed the good reviews versus the negative ones and made a calculated risk to try FS out. The mg6pros were my 2nd pair of ciems ever and my previous pair were Livewires triples (my experience with them was horrendous to say the least and they took 3 months to ship my in ears and having to call them and ask them what's going on).

So my expectations were not high for my next pair of ciems albeit from FS, given my previous terrible experience with Livewires but FS delivered well and quickly to my surprise, which really gave me a good impression of FS and the product in my hand. What also gave me confidence was the fact that in future if I wanted to upgrade to the latest model, I could do so with a marginal add on fee.

Overall, I'm glad everything worked out for me and I honestly have no complaints keeping in mind that others like you have had contrasting experiences. There also weren't many custom dynamic IEMs available and the mg6pros did intrigue me. I just love the dynamic drivers representation of music so it was the mg6pros or some unique melody hybrids as the other option. And hearing of Unique melody production delays just spooked me a little. I got my mg6pros in about two weeks from when I sent my ear impressions.

That's fair enough.

I agree with you that there is something quite unique about the way dynamic drivers portray the texture and subjective 'air movement' of sub-bass notes (and that was a significant reason for my initial interest in the MG6 Pro), although I think TOTL BA-based CIEMs are inching ever-closer to that kind of subjective experience, even if they haven't quite mimicked it yet.

For the record, I did as FS suggested, and purchased some Atrios prior to ordering the MG6, since they assured me they are a good representation of the sound of the MG6.

However, having heard both, I do not consider the Atrios to sound much like the MG6. Of the two, I actually consider the Atrios to be the better-sounding (it has a less-'blunted' presentation of the sound spectrum, to my ears).

One lives and learns.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #1,107 of 1,181
Not to argue with anybody's experiences or feelings about them, but my dealings with FutureSonics have been consistently far beyond what I would expect from any company. Exemplary and beyond-the-call-of-duty customer service.

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #1,109 of 1,181

^ This. I'd say get over it and bury the hatchet.

A long time ago, I almost went down the same path as you. Only by sheer chance, the OP got on my EX1000 loan tour and his review of the Sonys showed me that we hear things very differently. Since then I've learned to be a lot more cautious, consider how people hear phones we have in common, read between the lines, look out for ties to the industry, conflicting interests, etc...

One lives and learns, couldn't have said it better.
smile_phones.gif

Good advice. FS in is the U.S., so of course to fix a problem someone living outside of the U.S. will have to ship internationally, I don't really see the customer service issue there. If there is a problem, send it back to the people who made it and they fix it. That's the way things work with JHaudio, with Ultimate Ears, with Noble Audio, with Sensaphonics, with Aurisonics...and definitely with Future Sonics.

As for the EX1000, I liked it and I heard the treble emphasis that has since been confirmed by many people's ears as well as by FR graphs.

I'm not sure if "ties to the industry, conflicting interests" are aimed at me, I don't work for any audio company and I certainly paid for all my FS earphones, so I think you might be mistaken in that attack.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #1,110 of 1,181
Not to argue with anybody's experiences or feelings about them, but my dealings with FutureSonics have been consistently far beyond what I would expect from any company. Exemplary and beyond-the-call-of-duty customer service.

This has been my experience as well. Although I am just a customer, people at FS have always treated me like a rock star. Definitely an excellent customer service experience. 

Now, keep in mind, I had fit issues with my original set. That means I called them up, spoke with them, and sent them back and they took care of it. That's good service, not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back