Review: Fournier HTA-1 hybrid tube amp.... excellent budget amp!
Oct 21, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #46 of 56

Quote:
[size=medium]Thank You very much for all your reviews.[/size]

[size=medium]I was just going to order the Fournier DAC-2 at ebay but… OOOPSS! The seller does not offer international shipping.
confused_face_2.gif
[/size]
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif

[size=medium]Now I feel very sad
confused_face.gif
[/size]

[size=medium]Anybody knows of a seller that would ship internationally? I would appreciate it very much.[/size]

A Practical Devices XM6 is on the way. They ship worldwide for free.

Bye bye Fournier!
cool.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #47 of 56
Guys,

Think I may have found my budget amp for my Grado SR80 and Shure 840 headphones. Just have on e question in reference to tubes, have you tried rolling others since I have tried JJ tubes (6922) in my tube pre-amp, they were just too soft sounding verses the Sovtek 6922EH which by many is considered junk but I guess since they are matched, makes a big difference. I'd like to hear your opinions before I purchase and tube roll.

I have a pair of Jan Sylvanias 5814A, wonder if they would sound better than the JJ?

Thanks,
Wiggy

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #48 of 56
I still have stock in mine.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #49 of 56
"Thanks!" very much for starting this thread and offering your clear, straightforward and useful review, follow-ups, and photos, Project 86. "Thanks!", too, to all of you who extended his insights and comparisons.  On the basis of what I've read here (and elsewhere, but this thread is clearly the superior discussion!) I'm going to be ordering an HTA-2 as my first tube headphone amp.  I think it's very interesting that the HTA-2 is clearly a product of the feedback from this forum's HTA-1 buyers. 

I'm probably way too much of a "newbie" to be able to offer any critical insights about the HTA-2, but if I discover anything important that hasn't been mentioned - or might be useful to emphasize for another novice - then I'll post it.  Thanks again to all of you for being such great sources of information and enlightened opinions.

Keep listening and keep smilin',
Kev

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #50 of 56

Quote:
 I think it's very interesting that the HTA-2 is clearly a product of the feedback from this forum's HTA-1 buyers. 

I think the HTA-2 has been out almost as long as the HTA-1, it just has an IEM jack which the HTA-1 doesn't.  Not like it's an "updated" design or anything.

I bugged him a while ago that I'd be interested in a "higher end" model, but he still hasn't done one yet.

But I still have my HTA-1 too. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #51 of 56
This inexpensive amp seems like a great way to get into the tube sound and I'm keen to buy one...

...BUT why does this guy only ship within the USA? Surely with eBay and PayPal both buyer and seller are protected from fraudulent transactions. 

Seems a bit off that us non yanks are denied the option of purchasing this amp. Anybody know why?

Cheers. 

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #53 of 56
As always I'm a few years late to the party but had to comment on how much I like how this little guy looks. Definitely going to give this company an extra look now that I'm in the market for a new set up.

Thanks,

:evil:

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #55 of 56
I just got the HTA-2 in the mail today and the more I listen to it the more I like it. 

Good looking little fella isn't it!!

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #56 of 56
So do you know if the HTA -2 is a good choice for someon elooking into getting there first hybrid amp with tube options, only other hybrid amp I have is the Schiit Vali, which is a nice sounding unit for price. Please let me know what you think. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back