review for Sheer Audio HA-006+ (DynaLo) ?
May 24, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #123 of 151

Quote:
Both output will be live at all times  

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately that is a deal-breaker for me since I use powered studio monitors and need to be able switch between the headphones and the pre-amp out without going over to the individual monitors and shutting them off and on each time. Maybe your upcoming release will have that feature?

May 25, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #124 of 151

Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately that is a deal-breaker for me since I use powered studio monitors and need to be able switch between the headphones and the pre-amp out without going over to the individual monitors and shutting them off and on each time. Maybe your upcoming release will have that feature?

I personally would prefer to have less switches in the circuit if possible, and having such a feature would require a switch in the circuit.  I'm wondering, would it be possible to control your powered speaker via a power bar? so both can be easily switched off remotely.

Thanks

David

May 27, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #125 of 151
Hey David, I don't see any specs on your website. Is the power output of the HA-006++ the same as a GS-1? I'd like to know specifically how much power it outputs into the 300ohms (HD800), and how much in 50 ohms (Audeze LCD-2).
Thanks.

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #126 of 151
maniac, pm sent

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #127 of 151
Just wanted to update the thread. I got the HA-006++ Special Edition and found it to be a pretty good amp in its price range. I preferred it to my Violectric V100 that I previously owned, but still like the M^3 better (and consider it to be technically superior).

The basic sound signature is smooth, slightly warm, a bit slow, with a large, holographic, yet diffuse soundstage. It's very much a tubey-sounding solid-state amp and is forgiving of recordings/sources.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #129 of 151

Quote:
I actually thought it presented a tremendous value.  It rivaled my Kingrex Headquarters at $900.

I don't disagree. As I said, I preferred it over the $770 Violectric V100. The M^3 is a DIY design and still cost me $200 more than the HA-006++, so it's expected that it would outperform a commercial offering at a lower price point.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #133 of 151

Quote:
High gain for some users can be a problem, because that with a source that have slightly high output and a sensitive heapdhone, it can get real loud. While turning down the volume on the headphone amp does help, the "early" part of the volume pot does not often sound very good or are very balanced. Usually the volume pot performs better when it is at around 9 O'Clock position and on, before then it could have a bit of imbalance at the start, and gradually balances out when it reaches around 8 to 9 o'clock position.

Thanks

David

What gain should I use with a HD600? I want to make sure that I can move the volume to the 9 o'clock position and it still be listenable. I usually listen at moderate levels.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #134 of 151

Quote:
What gain should I use with a HD600? I want to make sure that I can move the volume to the 9 o'clock position and it still be listenable. I usually listen at moderate levels.

I would recommend 3x gain, it should allow you to move past 9 o'clock position and still have reasonable volume and not crazily loud.

Thanks

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #135 of 151

Quote:
I would recommend 3x gain, it should allow you to move past 9 o'clock position and still have reasonable volume and not crazily loud.

Thanks

All right, thank you David.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back