review for Sheer Audio HA-006+ (DynaLo) ?
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #16 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcoops16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will be still doing the HA-006+ for $280 though is it?

Yes, this will be more like an higher end version than a replacement, HA-006+ will remain available at the same price.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #17 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, this will be more like an higher end version than a replacement, HA-006+ will remain available at the same price.
smily_headphones1.gif

Great, as I plan for it to be my next purchase when the funds are available and when the dollar weakens against the pound
normal_smile .gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #19 of 151
Will the upgraded version have a better PSU as well? That would get me interested as it would be something like a low-cost GS-1 without the extras.

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #20 of 151
It will have better transformer, which have lower hysteresis/core loss, less drop off, and will be mounted in a way that is less stressful to the transformer.

The regulator section will be re-tuned, but overall the entire PSU (transformer + regulator) is not really getting any beefier, it is just better.
smily_headphones1.gif
The reason for not upping the power section any further is that the amp uses barely 1/2 of the capacity of the current transformer. With a more efficient transformer and retuned regulator, we feel quite confident that the PSU is quite up to the job.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

David

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #22 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As per the other thread, this stepper is better than the Audio GD one right?

I would prefer to call it "user friendly"
wink.gif
as this will have less of a "transient" when switching between steps, and less chance of material fatigue when you switch more often.

dsc1526dd9.jpg

This is one of the unit that I've built myself during the time when stepped attenuator was all the rage in Taiwan, I think it took me about a few hours to build the first unit, while it get progressively faster as I move on to the second and third unit, I ended up taking it out of my system and selling them not too long afterwards. This third unit wasn't sold early on because it was built for a friend of mine who haven't decided to sell it or not until about 2~3 years after I've sold them all.

The sound with this stuff is great, for sure, but the ladder type circuit with this switch causes very loud "bangs" when I'm switching volume, and was not very user friendly. While it did not last very long in my system, some users here have reported that the contact in the switch will slowly begin to fail after about 10 month of use, and would requite disassembly to fix it. (I personally won't even want to imagine how much work would it take to take that apart and put it back together.)

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #25 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by pekingduck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any updates regarding the availability of the HA-006++?
regular_smile .gif

We are still waiting for some of the custom ordered parts, while waiting for some of the parts we also further fine tuned to give a wider and more precise sound stage. Hopefully we can have all the parts in place around the end of March or early April.
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #28 of 151
Quote:

We are still waiting for some of the custom ordered parts, while waiting for some of the parts we also further fine tuned to give a wider and more precise sound stage. Hopefully we can have all the parts in place around the end of March or early April.
wink.gif

Thanks! Please keep us posted...thread subscribed
k701smile.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #30 of 151
Quote:

We are working on a couple of other rather interesting projects at the moment, I'm certain you guys would be intrigued by it when the info is revealed.
wink.gif
The only info I can release is that it is not a replacement for our current HA-006+/++.
biggrin.gif

What is the current wait time on the HA-006+.Any mods available on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back