Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Feb 25, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #4,442 of 4,469
Hi everybody,

I just wanted you to know that my pair of DBA-02 mkIIs let me down last week. No more sound in the right canal. I dropped an email to MusicaAcoustics to ask them if there was something (or even nothing) they could do for me. No answer...
So I looked for another seller and found one in England: Top Dog Headphones. I paid £130 with the shipping cost. Ordered last Thursday, received Monday morning. Top quality service!

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #4,443 of 4,469
Hi everybody,

I just wanted you to know that my pair of DBA-02 mkIIs let me down last week. No more sound in the right canal. I dropped an email to MusicaAcoustics to ask them if there was something (or even nothing) they could do for me. No answer...
So I looked for another seller and found one in England: Top Dog Headphones. I paid £130 with the shipping cost. Ordered last Thursday, received Monday morning. Top quality service!

Welcome to the club

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #4,444 of 4,469
Quote:
Welcome to the club

Would that be the Top Dog Headphones club, or the club of owners with failed db-02 mkiis? I seriously enjoy my pair (with the exception of the cable and associated horrific microphonics) - I even sold my W3s after hearing the mkiis, and would hate to think that they're that entirely unreliable for long-term ownership. Has anyone gotten any direct feedback from Fischer Audio about the failures? Maybe I haven't trolled the forums enough to be aware of it, but I don't know of any/many other IEMs with a documented fail rate like I'm hearing about the dba mkiis. How unusual a problem IS this?

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #4,445 of 4,469
Wow I was seriously thinking about getting a pair of these as I've read about how good they sound and how affordable they are..if they are still around 160 bucks or so..I started to read at the beginning of this thread and kinda fastforward to near the end. But that's roughly the price I read...but I'm thinking twice now manly cause of the cable issue..what a shame cause I'm thinking that I would love the sound no doubt. :frowning2:

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #4,446 of 4,469
Which are the best foams for the DBA-02 ?I have put some which reminds me the olive foams,but there is not bass at all.Unacceptable.
I changed to my UM3Xs listening the same song,and it was like  day and night .

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #4,447 of 4,469
Quote:
Which are the best foams for the DBA-02 ?I have put some which reminds me the olive foams,but there is not bass at all.Unacceptable.
I changed to my UM3Xs listening the same song,and it was like  day and night .

Well... I'm not sure there is a 'best'. There are too many different tastes, ears, etc.
But I have used Comply P-type (large) for years, and I find them superior to the Olives.

May 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #4,448 of 4,469
Sad thing has just happened to me! Crying.

I left my dba02 1st generation on the plane, tht was really killing me!
I missed it soo much and it's something that no other iem could ever achieve the sq. I looked at my um3x and I just miss how my dba02 sounds, the vocals, every high notes it plays in the score, treble.........
Crying:frowning2:

May 1, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #4,449 of 4,469
Quote:
Sad thing has just happened to me! Crying.

I left my dba02 1st generation on the plane, tht was really killing me!
I missed it soo much and it's something that no other iem could ever achieve the sq. I looked at my um3x and I just miss how my dba02 sounds, the vocals, every high notes it plays in the score, treble.........
Crying:frowning2:

frown.gif
 I feel for you.

You'll just have to buy some B2's if they get re-released, or find either of them used.

Good luck.

May 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #4,450 of 4,469
Would that be the Top Dog Headphones club, or the club of owners with failed db-02 mkiis? I seriously enjoy my pair (with the exception of the cable and associated horrific microphonics) - I even sold my W3s after hearing the mkiis, and would hate to think that they're that entirely unreliable for long-term ownership. Has anyone gotten any direct feedback from Fischer Audio about the failures? Maybe I haven't trolled the forums enough to be aware of it, but I don't know of any/many other IEMs with a documented fail rate like I'm hearing about the dba mkiis. How unusual a problem IS this?

:frowning2:  I feel for you.

You'll just have to buy some B2's if they get re-released, or find either of them used.

Good luck.
Really..they are that hard to find.?? Wow..doesn't this company know the demand that they have.wow..and I seen on musica acoustic that they will be in stock I think it said may 14 or something like that..and so these things actually sound that good that someone wouldrather listen to these over the um3?? Again wow!! Lol.I don't have the um3 but I do have the um2..and I find the better the sorce and amp they sound a world better..!!.maybe just my opinion.:) but now I'm wanting some of these..

May 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #4,454 of 4,469
I wore my B2's too long in the pouring rain and now they sound completely crappy. Very compressed, dry bass, and the lower mids are all gone :/

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? The right channel is also a lot less loudsr in volume then the left. They have dried for 1,5 day now, I might try blowdrying them a little. I could also try to open em up to see what happened inside, but I don't know how without damaging them. They're so fragile :frowning2:

-edit- The left channel is fine, the right channel sounds fine too, but just a lot lower in volume. Is this the famous channel imbalance that happens after a while? Would be pretty coincidental to just happen after I used them for a long period (half an hour or so) in the pouring rain, right? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back