Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Dec 16, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #3,511 of 4,469

Quote:
I'm sure Ethan is pretty good most time of the year. For people who are not in school, please know that it is currently Finals Season. It's incredibly difficult to find time for leisure let alone running a business

I can't agree more on how true that is. Between the last two days I've studied around 15 hours. One more exam left! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #3,512 of 4,469
How do these compare to the IE7's.  Really wanted to get these and would have definitely bought them if they were in stock but ended up getting a refurbished pair of IE7 for under a hundred bucks.  Do they compare at all?

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #3,513 of 4,469
Just received my DBA-02's in the mail awhile ago.  Coming from Denon D2000 cans (with J$ pads), the bass was, as you might imagine, seemingly lacking at first.  It took me a few songs to realize that the exact opposite (as most people have).  I'm incredibly captivated by the clarity, detail, and true sound of these IEMs.  I'm currently experimenting with the tips and insertion methods/angles to try and get rid of this fairly annoying sibilance I'm hearing.  Currently running foobar2k (WASAPI) -> uDAC-1 -> DBA-02

Blown away by these tiny powerhouses of acoustic bliss.  Just thought I'd share my $0.02.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here listened to these gems on the uDac-2?  My upgrade kit will arrive next week and I'm anxious for any insights out there.

Dec 16, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #3,514 of 4,469
play with tips. I cut the inner core of the transparent/green hybrid that came with it, insert the core, and then insert a t400 complies over it.
It gives you the bass and removes the sibilance...

Quote:
Just received my DBA-02's in the mail awhile ago.  Coming from Denon D2000 cans (with J$ pads), the bass was, as you might imagine, seemingly lacking at first.  It took me a few songs to realize that the exact opposite (as most people have).  I'm incredibly captivated by the clarity, detail, and true sound of these IEMs.  I'm currently experimenting with the tips and insertion methods/angles to try and get rid of this fairly annoying sibilance I'm hearing.  Currently running foobar2k (WASAPI) -> uDAC-1 -> DBA-02

Blown away by these tiny powerhouses of acoustic bliss.  Just thought I'd share my $0.02.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here listened to these gems on the uDac-2?  My upgrade kit will arrive next week and I'm anxious for any insights out there.

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #3,515 of 4,469
My came today - 3 days from Singapore and it was pretty cheap delivery! Well impressed! I'm blown away by the detail right now through my portable setup - And even without amping these blow away all my previous IEMs. I tried the stock buds that came with them and they were seemingly quite comfy to start, I then realised after a few songs that the bass wasn't lacking - It just wasn't there at all - I pushed on either earphone to push them slightly further in and wahey! - there the bass was! Sadly at the moment I can't keep it sounding like it should do with any of the provided eartips (even though there are about 6) - The closest I can get is the triple flange - The only problem I find is that the last 2 sections of the flange don't do anything and are simply in the way - I must have some of the smallest ear canals in the world
frown.gif

I'm thinking of going with the 'small comply T-100' - I'm not 100% sure on how these would compare to the smallest rubber tips that came with the DBA's and I'm not sure on how they would effect the sound - Guess I can only try them
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #3,519 of 4,469
just out of curiosity, why go through the trouble of getting t type complies, hence having to insert this part to fit, instead of getting the p types? (the p types are the correct ones right?) Not that I am not a big fan of Mc Gyver and all :)

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #3,524 of 4,469
 I once used the T100 comply tips with my DBA-02 but never liked the sound out of it. They were sort of veiled and lost the clarity that is, IMO, supposedely the strongest point of the DBA-02.  But of course preferences may vary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back