Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Dec 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #3,452 of 4,469
Should be the same.  To my knowledge Ety only has the standard grey and the smaller frosted clear tri flange in their whole lineup.

Dec 8, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #3,454 of 4,469
Just received mine an hour ago. First impression is that the sound separation is superb. You can hear each voice in a harmony crystal clear.

Sorry if this has been touched on in the thread previously, but are the transparent light and dark grey tips included pretty much identical to the medium black ones sound-wise?

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #3,455 of 4,469
..are the transparent light and dark grey tips included pretty much identical to the medium black ones sound-wise?

To my ears, yes.. but I find the medium-black tips more comfortable, than either the gray/clear tips.

Can those who used the Klipsch double flange and/or the PL-30 tips give us an opinion on how they sound vs the stock single flange black/gray/clear tips?  Is the hole exposing the driver larger on the Klipsch/PL030 tips than the stock tips?

Dec 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #3,456 of 4,469
Man, I apologize since I'm so new to IEMs (these are my first pair) but the triple flanges make a huuuuge difference in the bass department. To test bass, I always use Aphex Twin's "Rhubarb" which has this nice, relaxing synth bass buried deep in the track. I couldn't hear it at all with any of the stock tips until I tried the tri flanges and there it was in all its glory! The only problem is that I don't find the tri flanges to be all that comfortable. 
angry_face.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #3,457 of 4,469

Quote:

Can those who used the Klipsch double flange and/or the PL-30 tips give us an opinion on how they sound vs the stock single flange black/gray/clear tips?  Is the hole exposing the driver larger on the Klipsch/PL030 tips than the stock tips?

Sure thing, its my preferred tip.  Isolation way up.  Comfort way up.  If you are familiar w/ the tip and using them a nice deep insertion really brings out the body and bass making the entire frequency range feel more balanced and natural IMO.  Any loss of clarity or treble extension is incredibly minor if at all.  I was going to play around w/ fluting the canal a la Sensorcom to bring up anything I might be losing but as of yet the sound doesn't warrant any change for me.  It's fantastic to my ears.  YMMV.

Dec 8, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #3,458 of 4,469
Two more days of testing, not enough for a review but I am really getting a feel for them. I keep the pack of earbuds with me to try each ones but my current favorite is still the medium sized tips filled with cotton. Cotton keeps them strudy and keeps the sound in.

I accidentally ordered 2 DBA-02s so if anyone is interested, I can ship an unopened pair from Chicago, Illinois to anywhere in the US, Paypal ready.

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #3,459 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:

Sure thing, its my preferred tip.  Isolation way up.  Comfort way up.  If you are familiar w/ the tip and using them a nice deep insertion really brings out the body and bass making the entire frequency range feel more balanced and natural IMO.  Any loss of clarity or treble extension is incredibly minor if at all.  I was going to play around w/ fluting the canal a la Sensorcom to bring up anything I might be losing but as of yet the sound doesn't warrant any change for me.  It's fantastic to my ears.  YMMV.

Amen to this. With the klipsch dual flange the DBAs can be shoved way into your ears leaving about 1/3 of its original length. Much better isolation than the stock single flange and deeper insertion.

With these I can't really say they are similar to the CK10s anymore. More like balanced very well. Hence they've become my daily commute IEMs.

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #3,461 of 4,469

Quote:
Two more days of testing, not enough for a review but I am really getting a feel for them. I keep the pack of earbuds with me to try each ones but my current favorite is still the medium sized tips filled with cotton. Cotton keeps them strudy and keeps the sound in.

I accidentally ordered 2 DBA-02s so if anyone is interested, I can ship an unopened pair from Chicago, Illinois to anywhere in the US, Paypal ready.

How much I might have some money next week(After I find a new bank lol)

Dec 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #3,462 of 4,469
Anaxilus & Jackquelegs.. I appreciate the opinions.. the sound you describe is EXACTLY what I'm looking for with the Klipsch tips!  Glad to hear they add a touch of warmth to the sound w/o drastically affecting the beautiful upper frequencies.. I absolutely love the DBA's texture when it comes to rendering lower frequencies..  for some, I could see the bass being a little too fast or quick for hip hop, slower electronica/dubstep.. personally, I'm fine with it.. but the overall depth, accuracy, and clarity with which they reproduce the entire frequency spectrum is astonishing.  Adding some warmth to balance the sound would make these phones downright irresistable.

And Anaxilus, thanks for the welcome a few pages back!

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #3,463 of 4,469
Been sitting and listening to these for the last one hour. It's funny but before I got into the world of improved audio, I always took myself to be a bass guy, but I am loving the heck out of these analytical IEM's, the detail, the texture, its amazing! I got these as a gift but it looks like I'm going to have to be picking one up for myself!

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #3,464 of 4,469
ALso thought it would be interesting to add that A/B'ing with my orto e-q5's, there are alot of similarities, with the DBA being slightly quicker and the mids on the orto's being slightly better. WOuld be an interesting review I think between the two... hmmm maybe I'll do one 
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #3,465 of 4,469
DBA-02 is quicker? I wonder how the differences between the e-Q5 and e-Q7 in speed is then. I found the e-Q7 almost as good as the CK10 in speed and the CK10 is the fastest universal I've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back