Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Dec 7, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #3,436 of 4,469
@ iLovPieNCake.
Nice initial impressions. If you read through the thread (yeah, it can be daunting...) you'll see that there have been in-depth discussions of fit, seal, angle, tip, etc. All have an effect on highs, mids, bass, etc. The right tips with the right seal and depth of insertion is critical. It seems perhaps moreso than many other IEM's. Some like the tips that came with them, some like a variety of others. I can only use foam-type and I love the sound.

Source files (great that you've got FLAC), player program, DAC, Amp... also all important in the chain. (But you probably knew that).

You see... the DBA's are very transparent. Bad source = bad sound. Poor recording or mastering or pressing, etc., will all come through loud and clear. But this is also true in reverse. Great recordings, mastering, etc., will simply shine.

Keep experimenting with tips and seal. Bass should improve markedly with the right fit. These will never slam you upside the head with bass. That's just not who they are. They are pure, clean, clear and outrageously neutral.

Congrats on your purchase and I look forward to more thoughts.

shane

Ps. Your Englis is just fine.

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #3,437 of 4,469

Quote:

Ps. Your Englis is just fine.

Hahaha, sorry, I just had to laugh at that.
biggrin.gif

@iLovPieNCake

Glad you are enjoying you DBA-02! I, on the other hand, am still waiting for mine unfortunately. Trying to think crappily of them, so I won't be disappointed by the high, high expectation that this thread has given me.
rolleyes.gif

The lower the expectation, the better I'll be blown away by these, I am sure... wait, that's a high expectation there itself.

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #3,438 of 4,469
I got mine today! The RE-Zeros were my first IEMs, now I have something to compare them to.

First impressions - DBA-02s are better (fuller, smoother, etc). Nowhere near my full size rig but decent enough to keep me occupied when on noisy public transport.

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #3,439 of 4,469

Quote:
MaxwellDemon said:
Hahaha, sorry, I just had to laugh at that.
biggrin.gif

redface.gif

Yeah... once you pointed it out... so did I. Obviously, his is better than mine.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #3,440 of 4,469

Quote:
with some tips definitely sibilant, but with the right tips nothing to point a finger to.

Hmm.. It's things like this that make me nervous, as some people say they're not sibilant at all, and then some people say they definately can be.. Makes me worry about how my results would be.. 
Is it excessive? 

Dec 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #3,441 of 4,469

Quote:
[size=medium]I'm Polish so don't mind my bad grammar and spelling. [/size]

Not at all.  You are way ahead of most of us Yanks.  Great job!

Dec 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #3,442 of 4,469

Quote:
Quote:
with some tips definitely sibilant, but with the right tips nothing to point a finger to.

Hmm.. It's things like this that make me nervous, as some people say they're not sibilant at all, and then some people say they definately can be.. Makes me worry about how my results would be.. 
Is it excessive? 

There are more variables based on the individual user and links in the chain to possibly be able to answer that question to your satisfaction.  

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #3,443 of 4,469
[size=11pt]Some are also more sensitive to highs than others... having little to do with any fault on the part of the IEM.[/size]
[size=11pt]Everybody's ears, hearing etc. will be different. I don't find them the least bit sibilant. And as Anaxilus reiterates, everything in your source chain will effect how you perceive the highs... sibilant or not. And that is from the files to your ears and all in between.[/size]

[size=11pt]The DBA’s are bright. Yes, bright. If that’s an issue for you… if you’ve had bright HP’s (K701, DT880, DT990, etc.) or IEM’s in the past and found them bothersome or sibilant, these will probably repeat that experience. If not, you’ll be fine with a good fit and seal.[/size]

[size=11pt]shane[/size]

Dec 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #3,444 of 4,469
It is really not an issue. To say the truth I only felt it sibilant with the medium normal tips that came with it.
And may be it is not sibilance but just way more treble than what I had experienced. 
For instance it is much more tolerable than my DT990, and with the other tips I have been trying there is no sibilance or whatsoever, just balanced sound for me.

Quote:
Quote:

Is it excessive? 

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #3,446 of 4,469

Quote:
[size=11pt]Some are also more sensitive to highs than others... having little to do with any fault on the part of the IEM.[/size]
[size=11pt]Everybody's ears, hearing etc. will be different. I don't find them the least bit sibilant. And as Anaxilus reiterates, everything in your source chain will effect how you perceive the highs... sibilant or not. And that is from the files to your ears and all in between.[/size]

[size=11pt]The DBA’s are bright. Yes, bright. If that’s an issue for you… if you’ve had bright HP’s (K701, DT880, DT990, etc.) or IEM’s in the past and found them bothersome or sibilant, these will probably repeat that experience. If not, you’ll be fine with a good fit and seal.[/size]

[size=11pt]shane[/size]

No experience with those... I can tell you I hated the hell out of my HFI780s though, which people claimed were only minorly harsh. I find them a little harsher than other people, it seems.

Dec 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #3,448 of 4,469
Nice pair jjinh...using my dba's with the clip too. no need for an amp as i found them to be really adequate. where did you get your casing? I have the same ones from my Hippo VB

Quote:
I got mine today! The RE-Zeros were my first IEMs, now I have something to compare them to.

First impressions - DBA-02s are better (fuller, smoother, etc). Nowhere near my full size rig but decent enough to keep me occupied when on noisy public transport.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #3,449 of 4,469

Quote:
Hi,
question for those who use ety tri-flanged tips on DBA: which model to buy, tips for ER4 or ER6i?
thanks in advance
Jose

ER4 tips are what I have and are what people have said are the correct tips. Now, I'm sure some have tried the ER6i tips - I honestly don't know what the difference is having never owned an Ety IEM or been a fan of deep insertion tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back