Review: Fischer Audio's DBA-02
Jun 18, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #678 of 4,469
^ then you should improve on your googling skill 
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #679 of 4,469
yep. I got their website from googling it although I did know their website I was too lazy to type it all.

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #680 of 4,469

I just got a pair of the DBA-02s. They are amazingly musical! My history includes the Denon C700 and RE0. The DBAs seem to blend both aspects of my collections well. It's like the wildly bassy C700 mated with the tame, analytical RE0 and produced the DBAs. Couldn't be happier with my purchase :)

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #681 of 4,469
So, this may not work at all, but has anyone tried these with an impedance adapter? I was talking to another head-fier who was planning to use the ER4P-S adapter with HF5, so it got me thinking about how that could change the sound signature of the DBA-02. For what it's worth, I love the overall sound of these, they are amazing, but I just wondered how they would sound if paired with an impedance adapter. I don't even know if it's wise to do this, so I just figured I'd ask...thanks for any input!

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #682 of 4,469
i gotta say these tips are really picky.  the dba-02's have such potential and then i find that i have to keep adjusting them

however when i get that 'fit' and it stays... they're out of this world.  i'm not familiar with custom molds or anything like it but i have smaller ear canals and the small tips that come with these still manage to weasel their way loose after around 10 minutes of listening or so

any ideas?

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #683 of 4,469
Yeah, I do agree with the tips...more often than not, I feel like the sound is coming more from the right ear than the left, and then I just adjust the IEMs and they are perfect...I just can't seem to get a good seal on both ears, so I'm on the search for new tips....

If I use the small size tips on these, is it safe to assume the small size of Ety/Comply/Shure tips is the way to go? 

Edit: mrmach7, you may want to try true foam tips, which you compress with your fingers, and then place into your ears. As they expand to your ear, they should develop a tight fit...try it out and see what happens...

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #684 of 4,469
hey that sounds pretty ideal!

i just got probably the best seal i've had on these yet and they're GLOWING on every note, then 2 min down the road one starts to sneak out : [

it's those little turns you to to look to the side that tug them out gently.  do you have any links i might want to follow for some tips research or suggestions?  i'm not sure about what foam tips to look for in the first place-- granted i'll be doing my own research (that's how i came across these gems in the first place!) but any advice would be very welcomed

Jun 18, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #685 of 4,469
Try Amazon, type in Etymotic foam, and it's the first search result...the problem is, I don't know the nozzle size is on the DBA-02 compared to Etymotics, so you may have to search around to see which tips fit on the DBA-02...sorry I couldn't be more help, I'm still searching for appropriate tips too, problem is these are relatively new

Jun 18, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #686 of 4,469

Quote:
hey that sounds pretty ideal!

i just got probably the best seal i've had on these yet and they're GLOWING on every note, then 2 min down the road one starts to sneak out : [

it's those little turns you to to look to the side that tug them out gently.  do you have any links i might want to follow for some tips research or suggestions?  i'm not sure about what foam tips to look for in the first place-- granted i'll be doing my own research (that's how i came across these gems in the first place!) but any advice would be very welcomed

haha got the same problem. The stock tips seems to slide outwards pretty easily.
I believe the shure olives fit so you can give them a try. May have to do a bit of stretching though. For ety tips those tips that fit the er6i should fit the dba

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #687 of 4,469
The sound tube on the DBAs is about the same as the Ety er6i/er4p, so those tips fit. I have had much success with the Ety triple-flanged tips, large (gray), sold by Ety for the er6i/ER4P. They cover the driver housing a little, but I never lose seal. Any tips Ety sells for those two IEMs will fit the DBAs. I have not tried any Ety Foams on the DBAs, mainly because the flanges work so well for me. Not everyone reports the same success, though. They require deep insertion, but no comfort issues for me.

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #688 of 4,469
Anything Etymotic, Westone, Shure, or even Future Sonics will fit on these. To me it sounds like small Comply foams are the best option, though I don't know how they'll change the sound. If the smalls sneak out I think you must have fairly small ear canals, so make sure you look for something fairly small. The smalls are about the same size as other small silicones, so keep that in mind. I think you can get Olives in fairly small sizes, maybe try them.

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #689 of 4,469
I believe the correct Compy size  is T100 or Tx100.

The stock medium tips seal well and stay in place for me, but knowing how tips can change the sound signature, I've ordered some large Ety biflanges and Shure olives to try. The Ety triflanges that work so well for slater70 don't seal in my ears. (I should post those in the FS forum.)

BTW, Shure E2c tips are intended for a larger 5.5mm nozzle size, so they'll be a loose fit on the DBA-02 (3.5mm).

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #690 of 4,469
Is there anywhere I can order just like, 1 pair? I'd hate to order 5-pairs only to find out they don't fit (specifically Shure Olives, Ety Tri-flanges...I'm going to get the trial pack of the Comply foams, they have 1 size of each)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back